The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Are the Best & Worst Boxing Pundits?

+25
tcribb
Steffan
Adam D
raven45
horizontalhero
bellchees
Lance
BoxingFan88
ShahenshahG
Nico the gman
Josef K.
School Project
OasisBFC
sodhat
Super D Boon
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
manos de piedra
88Chris05
Daz
Union Cane
superflyweight
Mind the windows Tino.
DoubleD22
Rowley
Seanusarrilius
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who Are the Best & Worst Boxing Pundits?  - Page 2 Empty Who Are the Best & Worst Boxing Pundits?

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 26 Apr 2012, 1:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok chaps,

For me

Al Bernstein is up there & the Showtime team in general. Enjoy Emmanuel too. Enzo Macc isn't bad either when he is on boxnation, hoenst and I like that.

Duke Mckenzie is terrible, truly awful and the HBO team (other than Emmanuel) seem to be ignoring injustices so long as it is a "Name Fighter" who gets the special treatment.

Also, let me say this re Bunce. He is becoming more and more a central figure as the interest in the sport shrinks, and that is Okay. But I wish he would stop jumping all over his interviewees before they complete an answer, and also, why does his email never work????? It's always happening.

(appreciate I am posting a lot today but 1. The board seems to be alive again with great debate and 2. Twitter links to our forum).

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Who Are the Best & Worst Boxing Pundits?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Are the Best & Worst Boxing Pundits?

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 26 Apr 2012, 8:58 pm

Haha Harold lederman..

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Who Are the Best & Worst Boxing Pundits?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Are the Best & Worst Boxing Pundits?

Post by Lance Thu 26 Apr 2012, 10:51 pm

duke mckenzie is the worst, utter smug Tinkywinky who cant admit when hes wrong. steve collins talks nonesense at times and is very stubborn. also foreman is a clown

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 26 Apr 2012, 11:36 pm

I like Bunce in small doses but too much of him is a bit annoying, love his genuine passion for the sport though. I always thought Roy Jones was good when he was on HBO as well.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Sat 28 Apr 2012, 1:37 am

Josef K. wrote:George Foreman is/was my favourite, is he still on HBO? Eloquent and passionate about boxing. He seriously knows his stuff too, proving he wasn't just a banger. Watching the Career in Video tapes he's able to predict when stuff's about to go down.

Really? I always found that George is a hopeless analyist and his predictions often fly in the face of all logic. How many other pundits think lewis is the greatest of all heavyweights? or that Ali only rates fifth? Agree that he's a character and and is eloquent and passionate though. Teddy Atlas, and the late Reg Gutteridge for me.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by raven45 Sat 28 Apr 2012, 9:49 am

george foreman jim lampley and the good old boy network

raven45

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 28 Apr 2012, 10:08 am

In the few fights he did before making a comeback, I actually really enjoyed Enzo Maccs commentary.

I am most probably alone though!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 28 Apr 2012, 12:09 pm

Duke McKenzie is the most annoying

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 28 Apr 2012, 1:53 pm

Makes you wonder what they ever saw in that annoying little git McKenzie to give him a commentators role.

He should be tied in a room and made to listen to his own voice for an hour and hear what we have to put up with.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 28 Apr 2012, 3:19 pm

Jane Couch was very kind enough to retweet this thread and someone suggested she was a good commentator for Eurosport - any views?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 28 Apr 2012, 4:07 pm

Adam D wrote:Jane Couch was very kind enough to retweet this thread and someone suggested she was a good commentator for Eurosport - any views?

I like Jane, she is mad as a hatter, but she RT you and converses witht he boxing public. Not heard her commentate though

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Sat 28 Apr 2012, 4:11 pm

The Good.

Al Bernstein, best commentator by a distance, knowledgable who doesn't bleat on too much. Emmanual Steward the best analyser for me as Manos mentioned earlier. As for the British, I enjoy McGuigan he is articulate and has valid opinions. Woodhall, Mee are underrated and should have more air time from sky in my opinion.

The bad Adam Smith is awful why sky don't pay the money and bring back Gary Norman or Paul Dempsey, I don't know because this fella is hopeless, Glenn McCrory should have his contract ripped up, his managed to make a living off sky by being generally rubbish and has said the same things for the past 20years.

Whilst on Setanta I could listen to Bunce, but the novelty has worn off and now I fast forward him and the other cockney chap who tries to be a comedian soon as they appear on my shiny tv set.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 28 Apr 2012, 10:21 pm

"Fightin this guy's like climbin a mountain. BUT there's a man on top of the mountain - the man's name is Jim and you admire his beard but there's no time to appreciate how well combed it is because he's throwing barrels at you, like donkey kong, and you're Mario, and there's an elephant for some reason..." - Something I really, really want to hear Teddy Atlas say one day. Love his commentary.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:11 pm

Just got a response from John McDonald regarding best and worst commentators:

@v2Journal best well I like sugar ray Leonard and Mickey Cantwell worst must be HBO Jim lamprey and parry merchant

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Tue 01 May 2012, 5:50 pm

Duke managed to make Chisora Helenius boring, don't think Watt could do that

And not really a pundit but i do like Ed Robinson, very passionate and knowledgeable and will always comment about Boxnation fights on his twitter
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Unbeatable Georgey Groves

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 01 May 2012, 6:31 pm

I think Atlas is the best pundit in boxing. It's a shame he's not trained more fighters his knowledge and experience is considerable. I like Emmanuel Steward as well.

I'm not a Johnny Nelson fan but the piece he did in the Phillipines last week on Ringside was excellent. Apparently around gyms and fighters away from the cameras he is very laid back and knows his stuff. He doesn't come across like that on TV though he comes across very wooden and as if Sky have told him to hold back and not analyse to much. He came across much better last week they should send him out to the gyms more often.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Tue 01 May 2012, 9:05 pm

There's a guy on Showtime who literally has no clue about Boxing. It's as if he's watching a different fight.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2