The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A pastor's meeting with Sam Langford a year before his death

+2
tcribb
cmoyle
6 posters

Go down

A pastor's meeting with Sam Langford a year before his death Empty A pastor's meeting with Sam Langford a year before his death

Post by cmoyle Mon 23 Apr 2012, 8:31 pm

http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/cbzforum/showthread.php?17301-A-Pastor-s-Meeting-with-Sam-Langford-a-Year-Before-Sam-s-Death

cmoyle

Back to top Go down

A pastor's meeting with Sam Langford a year before his death Empty Re: A pastor's meeting with Sam Langford a year before his death

Post by tcribb Mon 23 Apr 2012, 9:29 pm

Cheers Clay appreciate it mate really great stuff, always nice to learn something new about the greatest fighter that ever lived in my opinion.

PS great book, must pass on my compliments, look forward to getting my hands on your Billy Miske Chronicle,it's at the top my shopping list.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

A pastor's meeting with Sam Langford a year before his death Empty Re: A pastor's meeting with Sam Langford a year before his death

Post by cmoyle Mon 23 Apr 2012, 9:44 pm

Thanks, if you want to purchase a signed or inscribed Miske book when the time comes you can always reach me at cmoyle@aol.com. Unfortunately, the shipping cost alone overseas for me these days is $16.95. But, I'll take $5 off the list price of the book to help offset that a bit if you, or anyone else who see's this overseas asks me to do so.

cmoyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:00 am

Cribb, I have read the Miske book, is definitely worth getting hold of mate, cheers for the link Clay, am always amazed when I read about Sam in later life how he seems to have been genuinely devoid of bitterness or rancour, given the opportunities he was denied in his career and the countless misfortunes that visited him in his later life it is pretty remarkable he could maintain such a positive outcome.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by cmoyle Tue 24 Apr 2012, 3:50 pm

Yes, he was definately more of a glass half full type.

cmoyle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 24 Apr 2012, 3:57 pm

Thanks as always Clay. great stuff.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Tue 24 Apr 2012, 10:29 pm

Thanks Jeff mate certainly will be getting hold of it soon, so many great books to get through, I was delighted someone like Clay took the time to write a book about Billy who always fascinated me to an extent, I guess what Miske did in the last years of his career is perhaps one of the most compelling human interest stories in the history of boxing. How he did it I have no idea,

He successfully converted himself from a technical boxer to a knockout artist and wasnt bad at it,Something almost unknown in boxing history.

Incredible fighter, look forward to the book,

Cheers lads
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelskiFanski Wed 25 Apr 2012, 4:07 pm

Great read on Sam (shamefully someone I know very little about), top stuff

ChelskiFanski

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:31 pm

Nice to return to the board after a holiday and have something like this to get into.

It is a continuing frustration that I have not yet found the time to read Clay's book on Langford but something I'm hoping to address now that I'm almost getting a full night's sleep again afer 10 months of near exhaustion.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down