The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suckerpunch

2 posters

Go down

Rate Sucker Punch

Suckerpunch Vote_lcap0%Suckerpunch Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Suckerpunch Vote_lcap60%Suckerpunch Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
Suckerpunch Vote_lcap20%Suckerpunch Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Suckerpunch Vote_lcap20%Suckerpunch Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Suckerpunch Empty Suckerpunch

Post by Adam D Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:40 pm

This weeks premiere on Sky is the latest from Zach Snyder, the auter behind 300, Watchmen and the Dawn of the Dead Remake.

When the DotD remake came out, it hit me from out of the blue. The original was the perfect zombie movie but the Zach remake hit me like no other recent horror. And the highlight? The first 10 minutes which were the most terrifying that I had experienced in the cinema.

And this is pretty much the same as Suckerpunch. The first 10 minutes are incredible.

But unfortunately after that, the film becomes very repititive and resembles a computer game first person shooter with good looking women in the lead. The plot is a mess and only really serves as a reason to lead to the next 15 minute action sequence.

At the end of the film, I felt nothing, which is not a good thing. And its a real shame, as having watched the first 30 minutes before taking a btoilet break, I was gagging to get back for the second half. Shame it wasnt worth it.

One thing I will say though - it is visually stunning and has one of the best soundtracks I can remember in a good long time.

Overall - 4/10 for me

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Suckerpunch Empty Re: Suckerpunch

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:55 am

Gave it a 3, basically for the visuals, which were good. The rest was pretty awful TBH. The plot is, as you say, incidental, the action itself dull and repetitive. I think it tried hard to be a bit different to your usual run-of-the-mill action film, and while it achieves that particular aim, it's not in a good way for me. Not one I'd watch again...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum