The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raheem Sterling

+7
lfc91
Soldier_Of_Fortune
TechInept
Josiah Maiestas
Kenny
Hero
Arselona
11 posters

Go down

Raheem Sterling  Empty Raheem Sterling

Post by Arselona Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:56 pm

Any of you Liverpool fans seen much of him? From what i've seen from Youtube clips and from his debut against Wigan he looks a bright young player with bags of talent. Still loads of time to develop and mature into Liverpools driving force for next season.

Suso
Connor Coady
Jon Flanagan

Are also young players to look out for next season.

Arselona

Back to top Go down

Raheem Sterling  Empty Re: Raheem Sterling

Post by Hero Sun 15 Apr 2012, 3:12 pm

I'm not a Liverpool fan but have heard a fair bit about Sterling and he does look an exciting prospect.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 15 Apr 2012, 3:16 pm

Seen a lot of the young lads on Liverpools tv channel , Sterling looks very good i think we paid 1.5 million up front to QPR for him when he was 15 ? He has pace , a good touch and he knows were the goal is . I would like to see him involved in the playing squad more .

Coady is in the Gerrard mold although i wouldn't say he was anywhere near as good yet but he does look comfortable on the ball and reads a game well .

I would also say the Andre Wisdom looks like he could have a bright future if hes given the chance .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Arselona Sun 15 Apr 2012, 3:27 pm

Liverpool certainly have a very strong youth system and squad.

Jordan Ibe was another I seen on Liverpool TV who looked a bright prospect, plays quite similar to Sterling.

Arselona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 15 Apr 2012, 4:47 pm

There are some good prospects in the academy/reserve side i just hope that some of them make it into regular first teamers .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 16 Apr 2012, 7:33 pm

Sterling needs to be loaned out to be another prem team or championship.

He won't get a look in for a while.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 17 Apr 2012, 4:08 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Sterling needs to be loaned out to be another prem team or championship.

Yes i agree , i was surprised he wasn't allowed to join Bolton when they wanted him this season especially after how much it helped Daniel Sturridge last season
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by TechInept Wed 18 Apr 2012, 9:37 am

I think Suso is the real star of Liverpools youth team, he has a great footballing mind. Sterling seems to rely on his physical attributes too much, which don't get me wrong, he'll be good enough for the Prem, but not sure if he's going to be top quality, I'm expecting Aaron Lennon mark 2.

He does need more experience though, maybe loan him out, maybe just play him in our first team in the league a bit more.

Either way, with shelvey, spearing, suso, coates, coady, kelly, flanagan and sterling we've got a competitive group coming through and I'm sure they will serve the club well in the future.

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 18 Apr 2012, 10:00 am

To be honest, I think Kenny needs to start to gradually introducing the likes of Sterling into the first team fold. I wouldn't mind him becoming Lennon mark II, Liverpool have been craving a attacking winger who will caused full backs nightmares and can go either side to put a ball in the box. Hopefully he will have a better final ball then Lennon!

I think Robinson is another great prospect but he has been dogged by injuries this season. When he came on against Arsenal last season, he was targetted and Walcott was givin the ball to run at Robinson, but he demostrated a good reading of the game and seems to have a little bit a pace about him as Walcott struggled get past him.

Suso doesnt seem to have progressed as much as I would have liked him to recently.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sat 21 Apr 2012, 10:51 am

TechInept wrote:I think Suso is the real star of Liverpools youth team, he has a great footballing mind. Sterling seems to rely on his physical attributes too much, which don't get me wrong, he'll be good enough for the Prem, but not sure if he's going to be top quality, I'm expecting Aaron Lennon mark 2.

He does need more experience though, maybe loan him out, maybe just play him in our first team in the league a bit more.

Either way, with shelvey, spearing, suso, coates, coady, kelly, flanagan and sterling we've got a competitive group coming through and I'm sure they will serve the club well in the future.

completely agree, especially with the first part regarding suso/sterling, no need to write my own comment would simply be repeating you.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:32 pm

As we are not going to get in the champions league and with europe already secured , i would like to see Kenny give some of the young lads a start in the last few premier league games .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Tranquil Chaos Sun 22 Apr 2012, 1:09 am

with the likes of kuyt and maxi looking like they might leave, and with us seemingly not looking to spend masses of money in the summer, id wouldnt be surprised to see him featured in with the first team next season, and with the injury problems all teams have, can see him making a few substitute appearances in the league, and depending on how kenny treats the carling cup, a couple of starts in that competittion

i think shelvey may get a loan move to a premiership side next season, ideally he would thrive at swansea if bigger teams poach there midfielders, or possibly blackpool if they come up
Tranquil Chaos
Tranquil Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 23 Oct 2012, 12:08 am

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Sterling needs to be loaned out to be another prem team or championship.

Ah hindsight Wink

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Oct 2012, 4:09 pm

TechInept wrote:I think Suso is the real star of Liverpools youth team, he has a great footballing mind. Sterling seems to rely on his physical attributes too much, which don't get me wrong, he'll be good enough for the Prem, but not sure if he's going to be top quality, I'm expecting Aaron Lennon mark 2.

Totally disagree. He knows when to play the killer pass. Not the holywood passes another old Pool player loves doing. He has bags of pace but most importantly a natural footballing brain.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 23 Oct 2012, 4:17 pm

azania wrote:

Totally disagree. He knows when to play the killer pass. Not the holywood passes another old Pool player loves doing. He has bags of pace but most importantly a natural footballing brain.

My mate told me no more than 6 months ago his tutor stated that Sterling had bags of pace and skill, but no footballing brain and will struggle when called up. His tutor at uni apparantly worked for Liverpool as a coach but was relieved from duty. Not hard to see why.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 23 Oct 2012, 4:39 pm

azania wrote:

Don't say that, if you suggest such a thing of Pool fans' hero they'll all round on you in an instant....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 23 Oct 2012, 4:51 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Don't say that, if you suggest such a thing of Pool fans' hero they'll all round on you in an instant....

It's ok, Charlie Adam plays for Stoke now. Very Happy

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down