The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aberdeen looking to keep Smith

3 posters

Go down

Aberdeen looking to keep Smith Empty Aberdeen looking to keep Smith

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 01 Apr 2011, 8:55 am

Aberdeen boss Craig Brown is keen to to turn Norwich City defender Steven Smith’s loan move into a permanent deal this summer.

Smith was loaned to the Pittodrie side for the rest of the season in January and the 25-year-old has done enough to convince Brown he is worthy of a permanent deal with the Scottish Premier League side.

“Steven has been playing very well so hopefully we will be able to do something to keep him,” said the former Scotland boss. “It will all depend on what Norwich want to do with him.”

“It’s never been about money for me,” said Smith. “I’m not going to stay at a club if I’m not enjoying it.

“My aim is to play 30-35 games a season. I don’t want to get to the end of my career with people saying I only played a few games here and there.

“I’m enjoying my time at Pittodrie, probably more than at any time in my career.”

Smith was signed on a free transfer from Rangers in the summer but failed to settle with the Canaries prompting manager Paul Lambert to bring in Marc Tierney from Colchester to challenge Adam Drury for the left back berth

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/brown_hoping_to_sign_norwich_city_s_smith_on_permanent_deal_1_845288

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aberdeen looking to keep Smith Empty Re: Aberdeen looking to keep Smith

Post by DJ Legless Sun 03 Apr 2011, 12:38 am

I so hope this is true as we do need a natural left back but I won't believe it until he actually signs a permanent contract. It will be interesting to see how he feels about his pay going frrom 8 grand at least down to 3 grand but if he does sign then I guess all the best to him and at least he is doing it for football reasons.

DJ Legless

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 11 Apr 2011, 12:44 pm

Smith has always been a decent player if he stays away from injury he would be a good signing for the dons.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down