The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible England Backs Coach for SA

2 posters

Go down

Possible England Backs Coach for SA Empty Possible England Backs Coach for SA

Post by yappysnap Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

It's been reported that ex Wasps and England fly half and current Clermont attack coach Alex King is soon to be contacted by the RFU on a temp role for the summer tour to SA with a view to taking him on full time after that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/9203712/Clermont-coach-Alex-King-leads-running-for-England-role-after-Wayne-Smith-is-overlooked.html

Personally I think that could be a great move, King was so instramental to Wasps and was one of the key reasons for their collapse when he left. Clermont demonstrated agaisnt Saracens their attacking threat and are still currently top of the T14 as well.

Def worth a look.

Also the Daily Mail report that Smith is almost def going to be the Eng backs coach after his term at the Chiefs is up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-2129451/Wayne-Smith-verge-England-role.html

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Possible England Backs Coach for SA Empty Re: Possible England Backs Coach for SA

Post by Geordie Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:55 pm

Well...ill wait and see. The Telegraph seem to have stories every day...

IF he was to be chosen temp wise for the summer tour then i would say it shows two things.

A) They are looking at young English Coaches...which is a joy.

B) They are looking at brining in new younger coaches instead of recognised senior guys who will maybe have new fresh ideas...

Like i say though...i still wait until an official announcement about ANY of the coaches....

Geordie

Back to top Go down