The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England jealous of the IPL.

5 posters

Go down

England jealous of the IPL. Empty England jealous of the IPL.

Post by hampo17 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 12:31 pm

According to KP we are anyway. Personally I enjoy watching it, but I'd much prefer our own domestic county cricket got more tv time than this.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2012/content/current/story/560949.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

England jealous of the IPL. Empty Re: England jealous of the IPL.

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 12 Apr 2012, 12:42 pm

I don't think it is jealousy, that is probably the wrong word to use. No doubt the English hierarchy would love to have such a money making machine in place, but the fact that our country is far less of a cricketing hotbed, has far less cricketing resource and has far less people generally means that such a concept on such a scale would be impossible.

It is annoyance, if anything, that incredibly valuable players (KP, Morgan, L Wright, Shah) are being taken away from their counties. It doesn't just affect their on field performance, it also arguably is to the detriment of their financial status, an area where almost every county struggles in this day and age. I wager gate receipts would be up if the likes of KP were returning from Sri Lanka to play a good few weeks of county cricket.

I don't blame the players for going to the IPL. After all, it is a short career and one in which not a fraction of the income a football players would receive is available. Unfortunate scheduling, though

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by England Cricket Fan Thu 12 Apr 2012, 12:44 pm

Kind of summed up my thoughts there,Fists.

England Cricket Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 12 Apr 2012, 1:49 pm

Maybe just slight envy, eh? Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Thu 12 Apr 2012, 2:17 pm

Pretty much bang on there Fists, except KP has barely played a county game for 5 years anyway, so I'm sure he'd find an excuse not to play now even if he wasn't at the IPL.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down