The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Italy to be the main threat to Spain in this Summer's Euros.

+3
hampo17
Hero
JacoFourie2012
7 posters

Go down

Italy to be the main threat to Spain in this Summer's Euros. Empty Italy to be the main threat to Spain in this Summer's Euros.

Post by JacoFourie2012 Wed 11 Apr 2012, 4:31 pm

No!

Last edited by JacoFourie2012 on Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

JacoFourie2012

Back to top Go down

Italy to be the main threat to Spain in this Summer's Euros. Empty Re: Italy to be the main threat to Spain in this Summer's Euros.

Post by Hero Wed 11 Apr 2012, 4:35 pm

I think the Italian team is certainly underrated in most people's thoughts at present, I raised the notion with people earlier that they'd be in my top 6 nations at present and was laughed at, but in the group stage they conceded only 2 goals.
I'd still see Germany and Holland above them though at present.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Italy to be the main threat to Spain in this Summer's Euros. Empty Re: Italy to be the main threat to Spain in this Summer's Euros.

Post by hampo17 Wed 11 Apr 2012, 4:38 pm

Balotelli will cost you the dearly if he goes. Can not be trusted and if things don't go his way you'll end up playing with 10 men.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Wed 11 Apr 2012, 4:42 pm

Spains biggest threat will be over confidence......if they play anything like to spec this will be as one sided as an internaltional competition ever has been.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by JacoFourie2012 Wed 11 Apr 2012, 4:44 pm

I understand the problems with Balotelli but he is capable of being classy and electric, and it's something that Italy has not always been brave enough to use. I hope he learns from his latest bad episode and we can make him a better player. He needs to temper his attitude to be more like Ibrahimovic, as Zlatan can keep his cool more.

JacoFourie2012

Back to top Go down

Post by JacoFourie2012 Wed 11 Apr 2012, 4:47 pm

Was this the same Spanish side that lost 1-0 to England and should have lost the world cup to Holland but for a bad day for Arjen Robben and extra time goal.

Spain are by far the best, but in this competition, good team can have their game and knock other teams out.

JacoFourie2012

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Wed 11 Apr 2012, 4:52 pm

Small Time wrote:Spains biggest threat will be over confidence......if they play anything like to spec this will be as one sided as an internaltional competition ever has been.
If Spain actually scored goals I'd agree, but they rarely score more than 2 and too often only the one goal, there is very little between Spain, Germany and Holland ATM and if a country like Italy, Portugal or even Russia get a little luck and hit form, anything can happen, heck, remembering Greece in 2004, you can't rule anyone out (except England of course laughing )

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Wed 11 Apr 2012, 5:00 pm

ReallyReal wrote:
Small Time wrote:Spains biggest threat will be over confidence......if they play anything like to spec this will be as one sided as an internaltional competition ever has been.
If Spain actually scored goals I'd agree, but they rarely score more than 2 and too often only the one goal, there is very little between Spain, Germany and Holland ATM and if a country like Italy, Portugal or even Russia get a little luck and hit form, anything can happen, heck, remembering Greece in 2004, you can't rule anyone out (except England of course laughing )

Agreed but they rarely concede (see recent world cup and prior Euro championship). But as you said the sun shines on a dogs bum somedays.....but for me barring a Spanish meltdown or the extreme rise in form/ability of another nation (probably Germany) then this should go to the no. 1 ranked team.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 11 Apr 2012, 5:00 pm

Main threat, I wouldn't agree. I could actually see them getting knocked out of the group stages. They are a very good side but in a very tough group. They have Spain first and Croatia second, 4 points is needed minimum. Ireland always have one or two big performances in big competitions (England in '88 and 1990 Italy in '94, Germany in 2002,) I don't see Ireland making the knockouts but 4 points or so is doable. Italy should get out of the group though.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 12 Apr 2012, 2:10 pm

Italy may be Spain's toughest challengers in their group but they'll still have a tough time getting out of the group. I think the way Ireland play will cause Italy real trouble especially when it comes to breaking them down, while Croatia have some real potential with a side led by Modric who I think is probably one of the most creative players in this group.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 13 Apr 2012, 10:21 pm

Rossi is out of the Euros, tore the ligaments again.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by JacoFourie2012 Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:06 pm

Yes, that's a shame. I would then insert Alberto Aquilani into the squad or Juventus' Matri.

JacoFourie2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down