The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr Who

+62
king_carlos
Uryu Ishida
rIck_dAgless
Hammersmith harrier
Alistair
Dr Shoe
Azzy
nadeem2099
Marky
guildfordbat
SecretFly
Cyril
welshy824 (new)
Duty281
The Special Juan
Dolphin Ziggler
JuliusHMarx
Mad for Chelsea
MtotheC
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
Josiah Maiestas
Gregers
JDizzle
jimbryant
RinoGattuso
Skydriver
as1079
Lee
Hero
eirebilly
alfie
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
75judi
Gcass
Paul Mac 6CW
A-Darts
President Trump
JPX
Shifty
Kenny
AlexHuckerby
Irish Curry
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
robbo277
dyrewolfe
User Name
Crimey
Dr Gregory House MD
MR. scotland27
Chuck Norris
Mister
calamity jane
BigPhil
hibbywul
Derbyblue
Jammy31
Solerina
hodge
Enforcer
ADMIN
Adam D
66 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Who is your favourite Doctor?

Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_lcap1%Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_lcap2%Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_lcap4%Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_lcap13%Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 12 ]
[ 2 ]
Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_lcap1%Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_lcap9%Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 8 ]
Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_lcap41%Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 39 ]
Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_lcap24%Dr Who - Page 9 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 23 ]

Total Votes : 94

Dr Who - Page 9 Empty Dr Who

Post by Adam D Thu 31 Mar 2011, 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can't believe no-one has posted anything about quite possibly the greatest TV show ever made!

Well the new series is nearly upon us, and as I found this on youtube today Clicky, I thought I would start a new thread (its a new long trailer for the new series).

Feel free to talk about all of the series and doctors on here, although I would imagine that it will be predominantly made up of the reboot.

From the reboot, Matt Smith is by far my favourite. Never liked Ecclestone and although I liked Tennant, I just feel that the last lot of specials were terrible and tarnished his memory. Matt Smith plays him brilliantly and doesnt make me miss DT one bit.

So what are your opinions of this fantastic show and how good does that trailer look?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Dr Who - Page 9 Empty Re: Dr Who

Post by Crimey Sun 12 May 2013, 2:50 pm

I thought that episode was poor, very rushed, didn't like the children, felt the story in general was quite poor. Really disappointed to be honest, although I do think the episode would have been infinitely better without the children who displays quite possibly the worst acting I have ever seen, particularly the boy.

I'm sure there will be some talented child actors who are absolutely furious that that boy got such a big role despite not being able to act.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 12 May 2013, 2:53 pm

I've watched 1 episode so far this season from being such a huge fan prior. Just not a fan of the new dynamic at all.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 12 May 2013, 6:13 pm

Hero wrote:I've watched 1 episode so far this season from being such a huge fan prior. Just not in love of the new assistant at all.

Fixed it for you

I do agree though child actors are appaling, not really sure why they had to be in this episode.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Sun 12 May 2013, 7:50 pm

I am going to throw a hissy fit if Clara turns out to be a different incarnation of River Song...

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 May 2013, 8:20 pm

Skydriver wrote:I am going to throw a hissy fit if Clara turns out to be a different incarnation of River Song...
you and me both!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 18 May 2013, 7:14 pm

Hero wrote:I do think the next series finale (remember we're only halfway through the current series as 5 episodes were done in the Autumn) will be the death of the eleventh doctor in the Fields episode where the Question is finally asked.

Not doing too bad!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 18 May 2013, 9:14 pm

What an episode that was, and what a lovely teaser ending, even if it's annoying to have to wait until November to see it. At least it's better than Moffat making us wait two years to resolve the cliffhanger ending of last season's Sherlock.

Spoiler:

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 18 May 2013, 9:24 pm

I was pretty good at my speculation though!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 19 May 2013, 12:35 am

Thought that episode was great, marked out at the end, Strax is top value as always, anyways onto the speculation

Spoiler:

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 19 May 2013, 1:05 pm

Spoiler:

Can't bloody wait for it. Was a fantastic episode last night. My favourite line was Strax's "send us your women and intellectuals". Laugh

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 19 May 2013, 4:19 pm

Strax is definitely one of the funniest characters Doctor Who have come up with, every line he's got tends to be comedy gold. I love how he always refers to Jenny as 'boy'. I sense a spin-off for those three.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 19 May 2013, 5:02 pm

Spoiler:

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 19 May 2013, 5:03 pm

My favorite Strax bit was when he attacked the Whisperman with the sword 'I think I have him wobbled'

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 19 May 2013, 5:25 pm

Very good episode last night , i can see the thinking behind all the spoilers

just wish it was on next week not in November
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Sun 19 May 2013, 11:10 pm

Yes, I enjoyed the series finale too. A bunch of cool ideas and one particularly striking piece of set design.

Spoiler:

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 May 2013, 9:36 am

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

SMith was great in it (he hasnt had a bad performance in his 3 series).

What I dont get is that if Hurt is another incarnation forgotten about, then that makes Smith No 12 which means the whole "the fall of the 11th on the fields on transalore (or however its spelt)" doesnt make sense.

That makes me think that Hurt is a version of Ecclestones.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 20 May 2013, 10:45 am

It's ambiguous though. Despite the credits, the implication is that Hurt is an incarnation that is not "The Doctor" - because a) he didn't choose to call himself "The Doctor" and b) Clara did not see him, when she saw all the others.

Does "the 11th" refer to the 11th Doctor, or the 11th incarnation? Gives the writers a bit of leeway, if nothing else.

Fantastic episode, even if we never did find out what happened to that random guy in prison or how he knew about the Doctor's grave being discovered. He heard through the grapevine music

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 20 May 2013, 12:01 pm

I don't really know how to word this

Could Hurt be ' The Doctor ' before he chose to be ' The Doctor ' ? ie in his own name ...as Smith said the things Hurt had done were not done in the name of ' The Doctor ' .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 May 2013, 12:12 pm

Kenny wrote:I don't really know how to word this

Could Hurt be ' The Doctor ' before he chose to be ' The Doctor ' ? ie in his own name ...as Smith said the things Hurt had done were not done in the name of ' The Doctor ' .

I think that its what is hinted at - basically he is an incarnation of the timelord but didnt act in a Doctorly way.

So he has used up a regeneration somewhere but isnt one of the 11 doctors so far.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 20 May 2013, 12:32 pm

I expect them to come up with an explanation as to why a regeneration hasn't been used up on the new doctor. Either that or the regenerations will be re-set, as I can't see them booking themselves into a situation where there is only one regeneration left.

There is plenty of scope to do that as I'm sure the Master had his re-set or used more than 12 already.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 20 May 2013, 1:22 pm

Enforcer wrote:I expect them to come up with an explanation as to why a regeneration hasn't been used up on the new doctor. Either that or the regenerations will be re-set, as I can't see them booking themselves into a situation where there is only one regeneration left.

There is plenty of scope to do that as I'm sure the Master had his re-set or used more than 12 already.

You know you watch too much wrestling when.....

I think it's almost certain that Hurt is a past doctor, so no matter where he comes into it, that makes Smith the 12th doctor, unless for naming reasons, Smith is regarded as the eleventh as Hurt did not act in the name of the doctor

Super duper excited for the 50th anniversary special now

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 May 2013, 4:26 pm

I hate to admit it, but the last two episodes were very good, particularly the penultimate episode. Smith was at his very best throughout.

I'm not into all the mysteries and 'let's guess who did what and what this means' stuff, I just like clever plots. This stuff about John Hurt isn't of any interest to me, and I'd call myself a Doctor Who fan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 21 May 2013, 4:49 pm

I have to agree with Adam about Matt Smith . I think Smith has really developed in the role his acting is good and his chemistry with his companions has been very good also .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 28 May 2013, 8:54 pm

I think the likelihood of The Doctor dying after his 12 regenerations will be conveniently changed. Don't forget River "gave" him all of her remaining regenerations when she almost killed him with the poison kiss, so if the little girl was the "1st River" & Mels was the "2nd" then Alex Kingston is the "3rd". That means the potential of 9 further lives if the writers wish to swing it that way.

As for John Hurt, maybe the Timelords had to go through some sort of "Initiation" before deciding on their name & getting their regenerations; as such he is that incarnation. Perhaps. But then I have no idea really...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 9:34 pm

Tell you what, it's great to have my Saturday nights back. I was all Doctor Who-ed out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 01 Jun 2013, 10:56 pm

Just been announced Matt Smith is leaving at the end of this year.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 01 Jun 2013, 11:12 pm

Show runner Steven Moffat said: "Every day, on every episode, in every set of rushes, Matt Smith surprised me. The way he'd turn a line, or spin on his heels, or make something funny, or out of nowhere make me cry - I just never knew what was coming next.

"The Doctor can be clown and hero - often at the same time - and Matt rose to both challenges magnificently. And even better than that, given the pressures of this extraordinary show, he is one of the nicest and hardest-working people I have ever had the privilege of knowing. Whatever we threw at him - sometimes literally - his behaviour was always worthy of the Doctor."

Moffat added: "Great actors always know when it's time for the curtain call, so this Christmas prepare for your hearts to break as we say goodbye to number 11. Thank you Matt - bow ties were never cooler."

The announcement of Smith's exit is likely to spark months of fevered speculation about his replacement.

"Somewhere out there right now - all unknowing, just going about their business - is someone who's about to become the Doctor," Moffat hinted.

"A life is going to change, and Doctor Who will be born all over again. After 50 years, that's still so exciting."

I would agree with Moffat in what he says about Smith , at the start i really wasn't sure but i think he grew into the role and really became the Doctor
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 02 Jun 2013, 9:14 am

Crying or Very sad

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 02 Jun 2013, 10:41 am

I'm going to do my damnedest to keep it from my two sons about Matt leaving so its a shocker when it occurs, hopefully they don't signpost as much as the 10th doctor dying.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Jun 2013, 11:42 am

Hero i am going to attempt to do the same with my 9 year old son , although he will probably find out on his own at school or football training .

I understand why they have to release the information but it would be better if it were a surprise .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 02 Jun 2013, 12:09 pm

I think they should have done it on the 50th anniversary episode rather than the Christmas one now.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Jun 2013, 12:22 pm

yes it's a long time to keep a secret from a child

Shall we start to guess who's next yet ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 1:32 pm

I hope it's not a woman - especially that awful Olivia Colman woman - and I hope it's not an old fella, like John Hurt. Idris Elba would be great, as would Chiwitel Ejiofor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 02 Jun 2013, 1:36 pm

I think they'll go for an older short term option. I think it also depends on how long Moffat is planning to stay around for, if he has no plans to leave than perhaps we'll see a longer term option but if he's sticking of stopping soon then I wouldn't be surprised to see an older shorter option.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Jun 2013, 1:36 pm

Can anyone see a way how it's Clara ? i just have a feeling they are now somehow joined
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 1:43 pm

Okay Kenny you got me, if it HAS to be a woman, it had better be Jenna-Louise Coleman. She be smokin'.

Moffat is the one that has to go, being the Doctor used to be an honour, not a career stop-gap. His writing is so weak it's driven Matt Smith away, we need a decent writer who can create great stories that will take the limelight away from the Doctor a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Jun 2013, 1:48 pm

I could see something along the lines of them both somehow dieing/regenerating together and ' The Doctor ' waking and looking round for Clara then realizing he now has a female voice ...looks in the mirror to see Clara's face ...end episode
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 02 Jun 2013, 2:09 pm

Kenny wrote:I could see something along the lines of them both somehow dieing/regenerating together and ' The Doctor ' waking and looking round for Clara then realizing he now has a female voice ...looks in the mirror to see Clara's face ...end episode

Innovative.

Quite like that idea. Not expecting them to go with it , but perhaps Kenny could get a guest spot as a writer on that form Very Happy

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 02 Jun 2013, 2:33 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Moffat is the one that has to go, being the Doctor used to be an honour, not a career stop-gap. His writing is so weak it's driven Matt Smith away, we need a decent writer who can create great stories that will take the limelight away from the Doctor a bit.

Rubbish.

He selected a very young and relatively unknown actor, it was essentially inevitable that Matt Smith eventually would move on from the Doctor. That's the nature of the TV business unfortunately, for an actor as talented as Matt Smith, TV is only ever going to be a stopgap to film.

I think if anything his writing has given Matt Smith a chance to shine, he's given him so many chances to show off his range as an actor. As a writer Moffat is superior in every way to Russell T. Davies and that is perhaps best illustrated in his writing for the Doctor who is miles better. The Doctor was always better in the episodes written by Moffat.

Moffat is probably the best writer in television at the moment, he has his flaws as any writers do, but I think as far as creating great storylines, good companions and probably the best Doctor in the modern era, I can't think of many writers in TV who would do a better job.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 02 Jun 2013, 3:51 pm

Spot on crime lord.

If I had a choice of anyone right now for the next doc, it would be rufus Sewell.

I tell you who would be amazing too - Jeff Daniels. His turn as Oswald in Torchwood tells me he would be willing and also brilliant In the role.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Jun 2013, 4:16 pm

Adam D wrote:Spot on crime lord.

If I had a choice of anyone right now for the next doc, it would be rufus Sewell.

I tell you who would be amazing too - Jeff Daniels. His turn as Oswald in Torchwood tells me he would be willing and also brilliant In the role.

Bill Pullman ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 02 Jun 2013, 4:20 pm

Doh!!

That's who I meant!!

Bill Pullman would be great - what you think?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Jun 2013, 4:32 pm

He does have a quirkiness about him that would go with the role and he can act , but i'm not sure .

I don't like the idea of Russell Tovey to be honest .

I could see Micheal Sheen or Rhys Ifans in the part maybe ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 02 Jun 2013, 10:37 pm

If anyone is so certain on anyone....

https://www.skybet.com/tv-and-film-specials/next-doctor-who/event/15032117

Some interesting names in there though Richard Armitage for me, has done a few BBC shows before and starting to get recognition in bigger films. How I would love it to be Tom Hiddleston! But just can't see it happening.

Russell T Davies has previously tipped Russell Tovey to be a future doctor as well.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 02 Jun 2013, 10:40 pm

Was going to add my outside shout for the next doctor would have been Marc Warren who I think could do a very interesting version of the doctor.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 03 Jun 2013, 5:05 pm

Early odds from Ladbrokes

Rory Kinnear (3/1)
David Harewood (4/1)
Ben Whishaw (5/1)
Benedict Cumberbatch (6/1)
Harry Lloyd (7/1)
Derek Jacobi (8/1)
Russel Tovey (9/1)
Alex Jennings (10/1)
Stephen Mangan (14/1)
Tom Hiddleston (16/1)
Helen Mirren (20/1)
Peter Capaldi (20/1)
David Tennant (20/1)
David Walliams (20/1)
Tim Wright (25/1)
Richard Armitage (25/1)
Daniel Radcliffe (25/1)
Tony Head (33/1)
Miranda Hart (33/1)
Hugh Laurie (33/1)
Bill Bailey (50/1)
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 5:06 pm

Tom Hiddleston would be good. No odds on Idris Elba, seeing as he was the other name in the running last time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 03 Jun 2013, 5:07 pm

saying that you can also get 250/1 on Tom Cruise , David Beckham and Simon Cowell Laugh
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 03 Jun 2013, 5:15 pm

I don't understand why anybody would bet on most of those.

People like Miranda Hart, Benedit Cumberbatch, Helen Mirren, David Walliams are never going to get it are they? Even David Tennant would be a pretty stupid bet.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 03 Jun 2013, 8:33 pm

Sky Bets list

Ben Daniels 5/2
James Frain 12/1
Damien Molony 12/1
Chiwetel Ejiofor 12/1
Rory Kinnear 14/1