The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations

+13
monwy
RDW
glamorganalun
Feckless Rogue
Scoped
sugarNspikes
Sgt_Pooly
gelodge
gowales
wales606
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
EnglishReign
maestegmafia
17 posters

Go down

Choices of the Home Nations

Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap11%Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 22 ]
Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap13%Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 26 ]
Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap13%Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 26 ]
Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap12%Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 24 ]
Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap11%Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 21 ]
[ 21 ]
Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap24%Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 47 ]
Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap7%Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 200

Poll closed

Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Empty Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations

Post by maestegmafia Mon 09 Apr 2012, 6:56 pm

Lets look at who the board rate as the best Left Wingers possible for the Lions next year.

Pick Two Left Wingers from the Poll below.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Empty Re: Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations

Post by maestegmafia Mon 09 Apr 2012, 8:47 pm

Halfpenny will be an option at fullback.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations Empty Re: Left Winger Choices of the Home Nations

Post by EnglishReign Mon 09 Apr 2012, 8:53 pm

Shame JSD ain't on the scene.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 09 Apr 2012, 8:56 pm

EnglishReign wrote:Shame JSD ain't on the scene.
I have never understood why England discard him..? Fantastic player.

Unlucky with injuries.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 09 Apr 2012, 10:12 pm

maestegmafia wrote:

Unlucky with injuries.

I think you answered your own question there. Too flimsy for a modern center, now lost a yard of pace. Always looked flash at club level.
England have such a large player base they havent had to go back to him, even though hes managed to string a reasonable run of pretty much injury free time on the pitch.
Now the policy everyone praises Lancaster for means hes been written off. Unlikey we'll see Tait again either even if he can recover from his latest setback.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 09 Apr 2012, 10:28 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Unlucky with injuries.

I think you answered your own question there. Too flimsy for a modern center, now lost a yard of pace. Always looked flash at club level.
England have such a large player base they havent had to go back to him, even though hes managed to string a reasonable run of pretty much injury free time on the pitch.
Now the policy everyone praises Lancaster for means hes been written off. Unlikey we'll see Tait again either even if he can recover from his latest setback.

Ashton may be the same. Showed great potential last year then nothing this year. Luckily England have plenty of depth in sharples and wade.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 09 Apr 2012, 10:33 pm

Does right/left wing really make much difference - G.North played 14 for Wales for most of his caps but now plays 11, and a lot of wings alternate (although 1/2p has only played 14 - so I don't know why he is on this poll)

My 4 would be - G.North, A.Cuthbert, T.Bowe and ANOther, with Halfpenny and Kearney at FB.

So for this poll, I just voted North
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 10 Apr 2012, 5:39 am

How about Visser?

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 10 Apr 2012, 6:45 am

Isnt visser dutch?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 10 Apr 2012, 6:55 am

Scottish this summer Whistle

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 10 Apr 2012, 7:04 am

Not interested personally it all sounds a bit like when we picked Flutey.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 10 Apr 2012, 7:06 am

Well Maes if he's playing well, whoever the Lions coach is will pick him.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 10 Apr 2012, 7:11 am

gowales wrote:Well Maes if he's playing well, whoever the Lions coach is will pick him.

I dont think they will if he isn't qualified for Scotland, he doesn't qualify for the Lions.

Please Gowales I don't want this to be a should the Lions pick mercenaries debate, if you do start your own thread.

UNDERSTOOD ???

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 10 Apr 2012, 7:14 am

Maes, he qualifies for Scotland this summer and will most likely play for them. I don't see what the issue is, i'm not the one bringing up the Lions picking mercenaries debate. If he's playing for Scotland and playing well next year, he will be in contention. What's the issue?

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Tue 10 Apr 2012, 8:40 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Unlucky with injuries.

Despite the large player base, he's still arguably England's best winger. And a dedicated lefty.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 10 Apr 2012, 9:58 am

Be a good option similar to Fitzgerald of ireland

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gelodge Wed 11 Apr 2012, 3:06 am

There shouldn't be a split poll for left and right wingers. Yes, many wingers have their preferred side, but just as many don't. Unless you know a winger is poor on the other side (and the best wingers largely aren't), you just start your best.

gelodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 11 Apr 2012, 9:11 am

North & Halfpenny for me

JSD's defence is nowhere near good enough for Int rugby, possibly the most overated player in England

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:03 am

maestegmafia wrote:
gowales wrote:Well Maes if he's playing well, whoever the Lions coach is will pick him.

I dont think they will if he isn't qualified for Scotland, he doesn't qualify for the Lions.

Please Gowales I don't want this to be a should the Lions pick mercenaries debate, if you do start your own thread.

UNDERSTOOD ???
Visser is hardly a 'mercenary'. I hope you don't mind me saying, but you seem to have quite a poor attitude ordering other posters about and shouting at them. Not really conducive to debate is it?

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:09 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:North & Halfpenny for me

JSD's defence is nowhere near good enough for Int rugby, possibly the most overated player in England

North looks a cert. will be interesting to see what happens. Morth's try scoring rate doesn't match his ability, though that said he certainly gets plenty of assists.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoped Wed 11 Apr 2012, 2:21 pm

North is a definite and the others are all there or there abouts. I picked Sharples as I feel given time that he will come good and be the man for England.

Scoped

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Wed 11 Apr 2012, 2:36 pm

Definitely North at the moment. If Fitzgerlad can stay injury free I think he'll make the squad. His form before Christmas was electric, then injury hit again. He looked good the other day against Cardiff.

But North is the man for the Lions for sure.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed 11 Apr 2012, 5:47 pm

North and 1/2 Penny. I would expect North to poll half the votes as he is so far ahead of the rest.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 11 Apr 2012, 7:23 pm

You've got Lee Jones and Tim Visser in the wrong threads - Visser has played his entire career with Edinburgh on the left wing, and Jones has played most of his on the right wing.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by monwy Wed 11 Apr 2012, 11:17 pm

So many people influenced by media hype. Halfpenny is the best winger on this list.

monwy

Back to top Go down

Post by gelodge Thu 12 Apr 2012, 12:46 am

maestegmafia wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:North & Halfpenny for me

North looks a cert. will be interesting to see what happens. Morth's try scoring rate doesn't match his ability, though that said he certainly gets plenty of assists.

There's not much recent evidence of that, just the 1 assist in his five 6N games.

I'd certainly be looking to take North, but would start Halfpenny (& Cuthbert on recent form) over North.

A year and a lot of rugby to be played before anyone's opinions have any notable meaning though.

gelodge

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 12 Apr 2012, 7:10 am

George and Leigh at present, but his Mighty Timness really should be in there - again, a dedicated left winger.

JSD is forever destined to be the Matt LeTissier of rugby.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 12 Apr 2012, 7:15 am

monwy wrote:So many people influenced by media hype. Halfpenny is the best winger on this list.

Problem is, he is also on the full back list. So if picked he can't play in two positions at the same time.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 12 Apr 2012, 2:24 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:You've got Lee Jones and Tim Visser in the wrong threads - Visser has played his entire career with Edinburgh on the left wing, and Jones has played most of his on the right wing.

That's what I thought. Also Trimble plays right wing for club. Only on the left for Ireland due to Bowe.
1/2P is primarily a full-back who has played right-wing in the past.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 12 Apr 2012, 2:44 pm

So all in all not the most accurate poll in the world then!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:34 pm

to be fair Mr RDW, most Polls on here aren't Run
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down