The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thor

+6
mystiroakey
Mad for Chelsea
Biltong
hampo17
westisbest
Adam D
10 posters

Go down

Rate Thor!

Thor Vote_lcap4%Thor Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Thor Vote_lcap7%Thor Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
Thor Vote_lcap19%Thor Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]
Thor Vote_lcap41%Thor Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 11 ]
Thor Vote_lcap11%Thor Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Thor Vote_lcap4%Thor Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
Thor Vote_lcap0%Thor Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Thor Vote_lcap0%Thor Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 27

Thor Empty Thor

Post by Adam D Sat 7 Apr - 21:23

Watched this just now, as it is the Sky premiere this week.

Kenneth Branagh uses his RSC background to form this visually stunning take on the Marvel (and mythological) hero.

The story of Odins son who is banished to earth, the film moves along at a cracking pace. Clocking in at nearly 2 hours long, the film didnt lag at all and sets up the Avengers movie quite perfectly, ahead of this summer.

Chris Hemsworth looks the part and the story is very well executed. A good solid 7 our of 10 from me.

Lets hear your thoughts.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Thor Empty Re: Thor

Post by westisbest Tue 10 Apr - 21:41

I'm not a huge fan of these types of films.

Decent enough film though.

Chris Hemsworth was very good in it I thought.

Quite amusing in the cafe.

Though the chemistry between Hemsworth and Portman was good.

6/10.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 10 Apr - 21:44

I've enjoyed all the Marvel films so far, I thought it set the story up well for future follow ups personally, and having seen that Thor 2 is set for a 2013 release date I look forward to seeing where they take it.

Visually stunning and a good cast.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 10 Apr - 23:08

Do you guys know the joke about Thor when he went to spread his oats on earth.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 10 Apr - 23:15

pretty much agree with what Adam said, wasn't a great movie, but it moved along quickly so you didn't get bored, and the visuals were excellent. Good fun way to spend a couple of hours really.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 24 Apr - 4:54

like westisbest- its not my sort of film, however i actually liked it

7/10

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 24 Apr - 8:39

Watched it on dvd yesterday. It wasn't what I expected, I thought it would have much more of the film with Thor on Earth.

Enjoyed it more than I expected, so for that I've given it an 8.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun - 6:06

I actually enjoyed this movie, thought it was well made throughout

I gave it a 7, deserves that just for the scene between Hopkins and Hiddleston in the vault, really good acting between the pair

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 12 Jun - 7:04

Thor isn't one of my all time favourite superheroes but I thoroughly enjoyed this film and thought it had a good storyline. I enjoyed the novelty of Thor's hammer being only a weapon he can wield but that he first must have the virtuous character and wisdom to be able to wield its power. I liked the relationship Thor had by the end of the film with humans not just seeing them as weak mortals to be looked down on or conquered but to be protected for their unique virtues. In one respect he is an archetypal superhero - being a demi-god he has 'super' powers but also has a personal connection to the world that grounds him and allows us to trust him.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 28 Jul - 9:30

Not a great movie, but very good I reckon and sets up well for a Thor and an Avengers franchise. A lot better than Ironman and Captain America I thought (which were both pretty poor). Hemsworth is perfectly cast. 7/10.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 2 Jan - 22:15

I saw this for the first time a couple of days ago, and thought it was terrific. Chris Hemsworth was channeling his inner (and outer) Heath Ledger, using a lot of the body language and mannerisms as Heath did in A Knight's Tale. I felt Natalie Portman was a bit wasted, as I never really got the connection between her and Thor. Stellan Skarsgard was excellent, as always.

I followed this by watching Captain America, then Avengers Assemble. I liked this the best of the three.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Wed 6 Nov - 3:56

Of all the superhero / Marvel movies made in recent years, this was one of the better ones. Chris Hemsworth suits the role and played it with a bit of a twinkle in his eye, as if to say "Hey.... I'm getting paid for this."

Agree the comment above that Natalie Portman could do better for herself. The role wasn't challenging enough for somebody of her abilities and any one of a number of lesser actresses could have done just as well with that material.

Yep, it's a bit of fantasy fluff, but it's an enjoyable enough way to kill a couple of hours and the good guys win in the end, which is how it should be. I'd normally give a movie like this nothing more than 5, but the obvious impression that the cast clearly weren't taking themselves seriously whilst making it allows something a little higher.

Oh go on then.... 7.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down