The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OLUSEGUN AJOSE MUST NOT BE DENIED

+3
TRUSSMAN66
Knowsit17
azumah HOF
7 posters

Go down

OLUSEGUN AJOSE MUST NOT BE DENIED Empty OLUSEGUN AJOSE MUST NOT BE DENIED

Post by azumah HOF Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:44 pm

It seems an age ago on the last forum that I made the case for my good friend Olusegun Ajose. I asid then he was the most ducked fighter nationally. Well he is quickly gaining that position internationally. He has done all expected of him and is currently marooned as the no 1 contender. Just ducked by Morales and it appears that Garcis doesnt really fancy it.
Its not giong to be quite as bad as Azumah, who we africans know was into his 30's when he first became champ.... but this is getting ridiculous! Ajose is a dangerous dangerosu guy, who would knock Khan out and make him look like a boy. Ajose must not be denied!!!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

OLUSEGUN AJOSE MUST NOT BE DENIED Empty Re: OLUSEGUN AJOSE MUST NOT BE DENIED

Post by Knowsit17 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:08 pm

Logically he must be in line for a WBC shot as his last fight was an eliminator. I say logically as the way the WBC and almost any organisation is run nowadays they'll probably find some loophole enabling their champ to duck him for an eternity. These are the same people who gifted a shot Morales.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:25 pm

Lack of marketability probably hurts him......

I'm sure he'll get there in the end...

As for Morales he's looking for big fights now and rightly so...so you're doing him an injustice..

Proud warrior....no one blamed Spinks for ignoring Tucker for Cooney!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:38 pm

I do feel for him, is an obvious talent but doesn't have any marketability. He is 32 now with 30 fights, he is in his prime and needs to get a couple of fights but I can't see it happening. He falls into the high risk and very low reward bracket for the big guys in the division, an unless a mandatory is demanded upon a champion like Garcia I can't see him getting a shot

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:43 pm

In no way do I wish to do Morales an injustice but I have to be honest. Morales was gifted a title shot straight off the back of a loss and frankly without having beaten anyone that good. The WBC gave him his shot on rep, not current competitiveness. Fair play to him for still wanting to fight tough opponents but there are so many other fighters currently ahead of him in the division that Morales was allowed to cut in front of without having done as much. It's instances like these that cause me to lose any faith I had left in modern boxing.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:47 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:In no way do I wish to do Morales an injustice but I have to be honest. Morales was gifted a title shot straight off the back of a loss and frankly without having beaten anyone that good. The WBC gave him his shot on rep, not current competitiveness. Fair play to him for still wanting to fight tough opponents but there are so many other fighters currently ahead of him in the division that Morales was allowed to cut in front of without having done as much. It's instances like these that cause me to lose any faith I had left in modern boxing.

to be fair boxing has always been about match making and money earning potential. anyone who got their hands on the wbc lww title would have been happy to let morales jump the queue so they could get a fight against a top drawer boxer anyway. im sure these guys understand boxing when they take it up as their career choice

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:56 pm

But he's not a top drawer opponent anymore, historically yes but not currently. Morales is well past it if not shot completely, I believe most of LWW's top ten would beat him easily. Matthysse probably would have knocked him out had he not had to pull out injured.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:03 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Lack of marketability probably hurts him......

I'm sure he'll get there in the end...

As for Morales he's looking for big fights now and rightly so...so you're doing him an injustice..

Proud warrior....no one blamed Spinks for ignoring Tucker for Cooney!!

Nope not really doing el trrible an injustice. He is one of my faves and a true warrior. Point is i am putting forward the case for Ajose, who is extremely unlucky not to have gotten his shot yet!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:06 pm

crying shame zoomy, has looked a classy operator when i've seen him.

Was the prof really in his 30's when he spanked gomez? I know officially he was in his 20's, but is that down to some selective date of birth editing?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:10 pm

I can assure you that Azumah was well into his 40 when he beat Fenech. Making it an even greater feat. I have spoken to many Ghanians from the same neighbourghood as him, people who say they grew up around the great man!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:16 pm

You're putting his case by accusing someone great of being a ducker....

and not doing him an injustice!! Erm

Come on that's d4 language...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:19 pm

happy to believe you... though i'm sure they all claimed they were his best mate and could kick his butt in school!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:56 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:But he's not a top drawer opponent anymore, historically yes but not currently. Morales is well past it if not shot completely, I believe most of LWW's top ten would beat him easily. Matthysse probably would have knocked him out had he not had to pull out injured.

got nothing to do with how good he is. the point is he has a massive following, still comfortably in the worlds top ten followed fighters. which brings money!

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:28 am

Olusegun is a decent fighter, clever and smart but needs someone to promote him wisely.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down