The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Man U beat Blackburn

+3
TopHat24/7
dondelero
lorus59
7 posters

Go down

If Man U beat Blackburn Empty If Man U beat Blackburn

Post by lorus59 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 5:34 pm

I think if Man U beat Blackburn, the title race is done. I had hoped it would go down to the City VS United game but I think it's all over.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

If Man U beat Blackburn Empty Re: If Man U beat Blackburn

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 5:44 pm

A trip to Blackburn hasn't been the easiest game for us, won only 2 in the last 12. We're gonna have to play alot better than we did against fulham otherwise I don't see that record getting any better on Monday

If we do win though I wouldn't say the title race is over. If City get a win at Arsenal next weekend then they'll be on a high for the next few games and should perform well as a result. We've still got a fair few games left and some potential banana skins left. We have Blackburn, Wigan, qpr and villa, all (maybe villa are the exception) will e fighting to stay in the prem, then we have everton who are playing well, obviously the derby (which I think will still prove to be the key fixture) and then lat game of the season is Sunderland away.

Still think there's point to be dropped if I'm honest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 5:50 pm

I think it's all over myself. City appear to be crumbling at the wrong time. Roberto Mancini looked like he was looking into the abyss during his post match interview today.

This is not a great Man Utd team by any stretch of the imagination but the one thing they have always been is dogged and that's one helluva trait to possess going into the business end of the season.

Utd for me and it could be at a canter..

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Mon 02 Apr 2012, 1:30 pm

Well a 5 point lead would be handy at this stage but Utd will have to work for it tonight. If Utd are 8 points clear after next Sunday, then it would be hard to see City stopping Utd. However as nearly everybody outside Utd keeps hoping, there will be "twists and turns" one of the most overused phrases currently.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 02 Apr 2012, 1:51 pm

Still see it going to the wire as United will drop points (possibly tonight even) and I'd back Citeh to do the double on us.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:18 pm

With the vast majority of teams in the relegation dog fight winning over the weekend it has dragged Blackburn right back into the mire so they will be desperate for some kind of result themselves.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:38 pm

I think tonight will be close, maybe even a draw. Obviously not going to affect the game but a conflict of interests tonight is that if Man Utd win the Premier League, Blackburn will receive a payment of £2m that was included in the Phil Jones contract.

Last edited by John on Mon 02 Apr 2012, 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:42 pm

Oh I'm sure they'll be thinking lets just get 2nd then to avoid that payment! Laugh

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Mon 02 Apr 2012, 8:02 pm

Bad news for City fans...

Howard Webb is the referee in today's game.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 02 Apr 2012, 9:35 pm

League has been awful end of story.

City not winning it with those brilliant players and Man U winning it with just Rooney and a poor keeper is a shame and makes the country look bad.

More interested in the 3rd to 5th place battle above anything.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Mon 02 Apr 2012, 9:59 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:League has been awful end of story.

City not winning it with those brilliant players and Man U winning it with just Rooney and a poor keeper is a shame and makes the country look bad.

One of the key features of Utd's run in to the title is that it has been able to grind out wins, something City has not been able to do.

As a Liverpool fan, this what Liverpool has to do to start challenging for top honours again.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Tue 03 Apr 2012, 8:21 am

Josiah Maiestas wrote:League has been awful end of story.

Oh dear a little bitterness we detect. In fact Utd have not won anything yet. However they have been the best TEAM, and not a collection of expensive individuals. And how you can say that De Gea is poor, this can only be bourne out of bitterness, he made a few mistakes earlier on in the season and pundits and detractors were ready to write him off except for the most important person SAF. Johnny Evans has improved greatly and as for Valencia, it is just business as usual probably Utd player of the season. Young has recovered from injury well and is also proving his worth, Jones, Smalling, Rafael, Welbeck, Evra, Carrick, Berba, Chica and Rooney are all playing their part along with other squad payers . The old stagers Ferdy and Giggs have done a job of work as usual, then we come to Scholes who with his return has just made things click. And this has been achieved without the best defender in the world Vidic. No Utd have not got the best individuals but then again, it is not individuals that you need to be successful, you need a TEAM and Utd have been the best in this country for nearly 20 years.

By the way the worst league season in recent history was 2 years ago when Chelsea won the league by a point from an injury sticken Utd.

Last edited by dondelero on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additon to text)

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:27 pm

Not over yet but a Utd win on Sunday and anything but a City win and it looks all over as City still have to go to Newcastle as well.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down