The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 2 Feedback/ Ideas/Sign up for Season 3

+9
sodhat
Good Golly I'm Olly
Bull
TwisT
The_Enigma
Gregers
Fernando
Marky
ncfc_Tooze
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Season 2 Feedback/ Ideas/Sign up for Season 3 - Page 2 Empty Season 2 Feedback/ Ideas/Sign up for Season 3

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:15 am

First topic message reminder :

Please give us any feedback from this season
Also if you have any ideas for season 3 please post them here. All Ideas will be considered by myself and YI OK

Confirmed for Season 3: Need atleast 12 before we can start thumbsup
1) Tooze
2) ollyrules/ Mrs T
3)The_Enigma
4) Sainty
5)Marky/ Electric Demon
6)sodhat
7)Uryu Ishida
8) Fernando - Willing just to be a runner if another person would like to join
9) Nay/Cactus Jack - Potentially due to exams/teaming together
10) Gregers
11) Adam D (Hobo)
12) Blue Dragon

Reserve List
Zoot
Bull

Last edited by ncfc_Tooze on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Feedback/ Ideas/Sign up for Season 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 2 Feedback/ Ideas/Sign up for Season 3

Post by Beer Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:30 am

My PPV was just show of 3000 words and my shows averaged 2500! Laugh

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Feedback/ Ideas/Sign up for Season 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 2 Feedback/ Ideas/Sign up for Season 3

Post by TwisT Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:35 am

TheBrahmaBull wrote:yeah but thats now , i wont have time to do things that long after April.

You won't have to....a normal show would only be 750. You can do as much as you want as long as it doesn't go over 750.

You can do 300, 400, 500 words if you want. That's the point.

Everyone knows the limit however.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:41 am

but still the detail will matter , if you understand what im trying to say?

some one could do 300words and another 750 and most people will say the 750 words one was better.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:06 am

Yeah but it is their choice. Everyone knows what the limit is, rather than it being wishy washy with bullet points and lines.

If you only do 300, you can't really complain if someone marks you down on detail.

However if you do 700 and someone does 1500....which is kinda what has been happening...the person that does 1500 will be penalised because they went over the limit. As it stands now, the person who did 1500 would probably have won.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:10 am

A word limit would be awful. For example what if you go over the limit by 10% then given normal world limit rules (essays etc) that would be the upper limit. However by the same measure only shows within 10% below would be allowed. Basically if the word limit is 1000 words then anything between 900 and 1100 is fine.

Also I don't think I could have got across what happened at my ppv had it been shorter and it was 2500 words...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:16 am

Gregers wrote:A word limit would be awful. For example what if you go over the limit by 10% then given normal world limit rules (essays etc) that would be the upper limit. However by the same measure only shows within 10% below would be allowed. Basically if the word limit is 1000 words then anything between 900 and 1100 is fine.

Also I don't think I could have got across what happened at my ppv had it been shorter and it was 2500 words...

Then to be honest Gregers I give up. You got some people saying they want shorter tactics and then some people writing epics every week. There has to be a middle ground. Some people need to be more detailed and some need to cut their stuff down.

I just think Bullet Points/Lines will be too up in the air, and we will get arguements over length. A word limit is a strict enforced rule. No upper limit.....just one set figure. 750 was just a number based on my PPV length that Gav said he wanted all shows to be like. But as along as we all agree, it could be any number.

We have to have something we are all happy with and there is no grey areas.

That is my two cents, and I will leave it at that.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:17 am

I dont have microsoft word, so Im not going to be counting every word posted to see if they are over the limit.

I want as many people involved as possible.

The situation is:

Some want to write more than others. But I need to make sure that people who write less are not penalised because they do not write out who does what move in a match. If we can agree to that, then its all good.

But I for one will be doing my season 3 shows similar to that of Twists PPV.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:23 am

I won't be taking part in Seas 3 because I let everyone down in Seas 2. But to back-up Gav and Twist, the reason I couldn't keep up was the pressure to up the detail. At the end of a long week it's really tough to motivate yourself to elaborate on every scene. I don't even read who did what move etc. Just get a feel of the gist.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:24 am

It was also taking more than a whole lunch break to read the shows and vote upon them. Which started to annoy me

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:26 am

I'm not taking part for the same reasons as Demon. It got too much in the end, probably my own fault for setting the standards so high.

I will however be continuing to help Bull creatively.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:23 pm

No one is answering my question haha

If a set of tactics does not include details of moves done, but instead describes the type of match (like Twists PPV) will that show be judged on the same basis as a show that does detail the moves done?

If we can agree to that, then its problem solved and people can write their own shows as they see fit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:25 pm

I think it's more about the storyline progression. When I was voting, if all i was reading was move after move and no progression then it bored me.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:26 pm

Gav.......I agree with what ED says

It was also taking more than a whole lunch break to read the shows and vote upon them. Which started to annoy me .

So by saying people can write their shows as they see fit, is going to turn a lot of people off.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:27 pm

i thin that it should be like twists TBH

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:31 pm

sodhat wrote:I'd participate in this if there was still space?

There is thumbsup

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:35 pm

Im going to make a poll.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:35 pm

I'm going to create a poll to see if we need to have a poll Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:39 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:43 pm

Voted.

One question it seems like a bit of a love fest towards twists ppv, does this put my ppv (given that its between me and twist for second in toozes league) at a disadvantage?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:48 pm

I will judge both PPV's on "would I want to watch this" not on the amount of detail.

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:53 pm

Gregers wrote:Voted.

One question it seems like a bit of a love fest towards twists ppv, does this put my ppv (given that its between me and twist for second in toozes league) at a disadvantage?

From the person who wrote it, and because I think it is very unfair if they did, the answer is no.

So could everyone heed what I just said there when it comes to voting OK

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:56 pm

TwisT wrote:
Gregers wrote:Voted.

From the person who wrote it, and because I think it is very unfair if they did, the answer is no.

So could everyone heed what I just said there when it comes to voting OK

Noted.

(to self) Vote for Twist. He's got ideal length

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:57 pm

You haven't, and never will, see my length ED

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 04 Apr 2012, 1:05 pm

That's alright then :-)

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed 04 Apr 2012, 4:40 pm

Since you guys seem to be using Twists's example as how you want things running from next season how about Gregers & Cactus Jack's PPV's from this week?

For me Twist's show was very brief & I would like more lenght to be able put across what i want to do. For me I like to write matches & tell a story within it, where the match is going and such and put over the storylines & feuds. Surley I'm not alone here in wanting the chance to write more to put over what's happening?

I would suggest having a max of 5 bullet points per match on a weekly tactic show. Each bullet point can have a maxium of 2, perhaps 2 & a half lines. It would then be optional if you wanted to use 1 line per bullet point or use the full 2 & 1/2 which if you look at it isn't a lot at all.

I'm all for shortening the tactics if the majority are not happy but there needs to be a middle ground because a few people here do like to write in more detail. I like the rest of you have a busy week but I try and make the time because I enjoy writing & enjoy WWA

It won't be long before somebody shoot's down what I've said here

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 5:18 pm

The_Enigma wrote:
For me Twist's show was very brief & I would like more lenght to be able put across what i want to do. For me I like to write matches & tell a story within it, where the match is going and such and put over the storylines & feuds. Surley I'm not alone here in wanting the chance to write more to put over what's happening?
I for one will be doing my season 3 shows based on the style used by Twist.
But if im going to get marked down against someone who writes 10 lines per match detailing the moves done, then there is no point in me taking part.

If we can agree that the detail is not important in voting, but rather "would I want to watch this show" then its ok.

I have asked this question 3 times now over the last 24 hours, and no one is answering it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 04 Apr 2012, 5:24 pm

Gav, I vote on whether I can imagine the matches and can get behind the storylines. A show can be brief as long as it gets across what is happening. Inevitably some matches and segments need to be longer in order to do this.

I don't mark people down if they have a short show, only if it has no details that enable me to see the match in my head (if that makes sense). Further, I tend to vote for shows that have the most interesting storylines that I can get behind and want to see what happens each week (Bulls Power Struggle and Taker/Sting storylines for example). If you are able to get all this across in a shorter show then that is obviously awesome.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 04 Apr 2012, 5:39 pm

As my PPV is being mentioned a lot, can I please let you know that it is copyrighted. Any mention of it needs to include a link back to the source, or I can sue you.

Many thanks.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 04 Apr 2012, 5:44 pm

While everyone is debating shows, why not give Bull some credit? He probably had the most disorganised and messy structure, yet is the form player at the moment thanks to how he's getting things across!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:57 pm

Because you helped him, you mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:14 am

Sainty wrote:Because you helped him, you mean?

With how he writes the shows? No, i don't get involved in that. He writes the matches.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Thu 05 Apr 2012, 5:25 pm

i voted and an idea...

go with a 10 bullet structure and give everyone 5 jokers. Jokers can allow you to ( up to) double 1 match's length.

PPV's can we extend the bullets to 15?

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 05 Apr 2012, 5:28 pm

dont like the idea of 5 jokers and i think they should only be used for injuries not to make the Matches Longer.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Thu 05 Apr 2012, 5:29 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:dont like the idea of 5 jokers and i think they should only be used for injuries not to make the Matches Longer.

well its for those who want to tell a good story if they need them, but once they are gone, they are gone Smile

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri 13 Apr 2012, 1:54 pm

I'm still undecided if I'm going to continue in Season 3 as of yet, Hopefully there will be a small break between 2 & 3 because I don't want to go stright into another season on the back off finishing the play-offs.

Got a couple of new ideas & a few I'd like to touch on that have already been suggested;

Unlimited roster's, but for every 9 you have in your roster results in 1 injury, so e.g you have 29 in your roster you get 3 injuries that week. This inclueds Male, Female and GM's/Managers.

Forign Transfer Market Prices - For me the lesser known indy guys, the prices should stay the same, for the bigger stars in the indy's you have to pay a little more and the same goes for legends. This would fizz out the inflated prices that we have to pay for wrestler's in the set roster's and would bring prices back down.

Tactics Deadlines - For me I feel that the deadlines should be Sunday at Midnight, gives everybody who works Mon-Fri the chance to get a bit more time to write their tactics, Voting would then have to be sent in by Wednesday at 12 Noon, with the results following later that day. Injuries/Offeres will be submitted on a Tuesday

I would go on to talk about the tactics and the length of them but it seem's as if everybody is still undecided about them

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 13 Apr 2012, 1:55 pm

Boys I think I might pull out of season 3 I just don't think I will have the time with my exams forthcoming. I would be interested after my exams though
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 13 Apr 2012, 1:56 pm

yeah agree with Olly im pulling out as well.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:05 pm

Well hopfully if there is a small break and it starts like mid-may/end of may and your towards the end of your exams you lads might have different ideas when Season 3 rolls around.

You might feel different about it when Season 3 is about to start, I know I did when Season 2 was just starting...

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:07 pm

I will be up for joining when my exams finish in mid june but I really gotta start revising
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:09 pm

End of may would be great for me, or ideally the first week of June...

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 24 Apr 2012, 6:31 pm

Just as Im not in the op, nXtreme will be back for Season 3

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 24 Apr 2012, 7:10 pm

Don't forget to add Catchy, Sexy, Witty and Delightful Wrestling. Co managed by Marky and Demon OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 24 Apr 2012, 7:19 pm

CSWDW rolls off the tongue doesn't it Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Apr 2012, 7:22 pm

More so than AC ALSOAM
Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Fri 27 Apr 2012, 6:48 pm

so...how long is this break?

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 28 Apr 2012, 8:12 am

Hopefully not too long, although with Gav running the Transfer Centre game which ends next Sunday I'd guess its until then.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat 28 Apr 2012, 10:22 am

I would say it will be a couple of weeks at the quickest. as we need to sort pots/rosters/new pages etc.
Just keep your eyes peeled there will be some news very soon

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Apr 2012, 4:54 pm

Marky wrote:Hopefully not too long, although with Gav running the Transfer Centre game which ends next Sunday I'd guess its until then.
The transfer game is ongoing Marky.
I wont be in WWA season 3

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 06 May 2012, 2:50 pm

Any Dates yet as to when season 3 will be up & running?

Quick Idea - Well expanding from last season's idea. When a talent is sold to WWE/TNA, GM's have to bid a miniuim of 1 million more than what WWE/TNA paid for them. If 2 GM's bid a million, it can then be increased but with what reasons you want the talent for. WWA & the talent in question will then decide who they will sign for.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 06 May 2012, 2:53 pm

I looked back through some posts and I saw "mid to end of May".

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next