The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruaidhri Murphy Makes Brumbies Debut

4 posters

Go down

Ruaidhri Murphy Makes Brumbies Debut Empty Ruaidhri Murphy Makes Brumbies Debut

Post by Gretgael1 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 2:58 pm

As the title says, Ruaidhri Murphy is making his debut for the Brumbies against The Sharks tomorrow. He'll have Moore and Alexander beside him in the front row. Any Leinster fans have any thoughts or opinions on him? Also, I think he was on the cards for Exeter. I think he may have aspirations of playing for Australia.

Best of luck to him.

Gretgael1

Back to top Go down

Ruaidhri Murphy Makes Brumbies Debut Empty Re: Ruaidhri Murphy Makes Brumbies Debut

Post by Notch Fri 30 Mar 2012, 3:08 pm

Yeah, hope he goes well. I would be spitting nails if he was a tighthead and we'd let him slip through the system, fortunately he's a loosehead.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Ruaidhri Murphy Makes Brumbies Debut Empty Re: Ruaidhri Murphy Makes Brumbies Debut

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Fri 30 Mar 2012, 3:14 pm

I wonder what his genuine potential is. I don't remember ever seeing him line out for Leinster- is that an indication that he isn't up to the grade? Also I wonder if the IRFU will still keep tabs on him given that most props develop later given the technical nature of their position.

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretgael1 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 3:30 pm

I'm not sure how good he is either, but he must have something about him because he's being thrown in the deep end against Jannie Du Plessis and the sharks. He's still only 24, so he's plenty still to learn.

Maybe the IRFU are keeping an eye on him because even though he holds both Irish and Australian passports, he's not eligible to play for Australia yet. But as notch already mentioned, we're not too bad in the loosehead department.

Gretgael1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Fri 30 Mar 2012, 3:48 pm

I don't think we are as stacked as you think. We have a deeper pool with potential talent for sure, but not enough that could immediately step up and pull on the green jersey. I am not arguing that Murphy is as it is plainly obvious he isn't, but nonetheless, if the defeat against England has taught us anything, we need to be more proactive in our player recruitment.

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretgael1 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 8:26 pm

To be honest, I wouldn't have any problem bringing in Tom Court at loosehead for Ireland, tighthead is another story altogether. We do have a lot of potential in loosehead when you think Healy is only in still in his early 20's, McAllister and McGrath are very promising. Tighthead, apart from Ross, we're very short. We need to see Hagan and Archer establish themselves and become a threat in the scrum. I don't really care if they are great in the loose, their main priority is the scrum and it's what they should be focusing on.

Our problem at international level is that we don't have cover that can play either side effectively.

Gretgael1

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:10 pm

did he play well?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down