The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why no Watson?

2 posters

Go down

Why no Watson? Empty Why no Watson?

Post by newballs Mon 26 Mar 2012, 09:49

In the absence of any tennis from Andy courtesy of Raonic why no mention hereabouts of Watson?

Thid round loss to Azarenka winning just two games ain't too bad in itself beating two former top 20 players (OK probably ranked 19 and 20 respectively!) to get to the third round merits a mention surely.

Azarenka (like Sharapova) has her down as a fighter who can go a long way in the game so the absence of any congratulatory message on these boards is outrageous! Whatever happened to conosu2? He'd have set the record straight on this one.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Why no Watson? Empty Re: Why no Watson?

Post by sirfredperry Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:02

Watson did wonderfully well to come back from 5-0 down in that final set in her first match (and from two match points down) and then to beat - nay, smash - Safarova in the second round.
Reckoned she might well get blown away by Azashrieker, though, and that's what happened.
In Anne K, Watson and Baltacha, Britain has three good players. But as soon as they meet anyone highly ranked they don't just lose, they get completely annihilated. Watson, to me, is clearly a scrapper and a fighter but does not have the big game needed these days.
The hope is that Laura Robson, who has a big serve and strong groundstrokes, can make the grade. I thought she would be doing better than she is already, but I remain optimistic.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down