The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day

+13
kemet
ryan86
Calder106
Jahu
noleisthebest
Tenez
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Josiah Maiestas
time please
invisiblecoolers
laverfan
reckoner
spuranik
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Predict Upset of the day

Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]
Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]
Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 2 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 5 ]
Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 2 Empty Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day

Post by spuranik Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:23 am

First topic message reminder :

STADIUM Start 11:00 am

[7] Tomas Berdych (CZE) v Grigor Dimitrov (BUL)

Not Before 1:00 PM
WTA

Not Before 3:00 PM
WTA
[25] Radek Stepanek (CZE) v [2] Rafael Nadal (ESP)

Starting at 7:30 PM
WTA

Not Before 9:30 PM
[19] Florian Mayer (GER) v [10] John Isner (USA)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRANDSTAND Start 11:00 am
[18] Alexandr Dolgopolov (UKR) v [9] Janko Tipsarevic (SRB)
[13] Gilles Simon (FRA) v [22] Jurgen Melzer (AUT)
26] Milos Raonic (CAN) v [4] Andy Murray (GBR)

WTA

Not Before 5 pm
ATP DOUBLES

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COURT 1 Start 11:00 am
WTA
WTA
[6] Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) v [32] Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER)
[16] Kei Nishikori (JPN) v Lukas Rosol (CZE)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COURT 2 Start 11:00 am
WTA
ATP DOUBLES
WTA

Pretty late I know, but I see that people are already discussing today's matches on this thread...

Raonic has withdrawn so Murray is through... Dimitrov has created an upset by defeating Top-ten player Berdych...

Last edited by spuranik on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

spuranik

Back to top Go down

Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:51 am

I am very pleased (call it an understatement of the year) with Nole tonight. He looks sharp and he means business. Miami is his.

GO NOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Yahoo

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day

Post by kemet Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:03 am

noleisthebest wrote:I am very pleased (call it an understatement of the year) with Nole tonight. He looks sharp and he means business. Miami is his.

GO NOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Yahoo

Novak is like a wall from the back of the court. He is frustrating Baghdatis into the error.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:04 am

Baggy playing his socks off, and Nole just crushing him!!! NOLEEEEE kiss

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:05 am

Last year Nole played like a number one, tonight like a GOAT (tennis-channel-chart-eat-your-heart-out) Bubbly !!!!!!!!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:19 am

noleisthebest wrote:Baggy playing his socks off, and Nole just crushing him!!! NOLEEEEE kiss

Baggy made no attempt to hit the lines, no drop shots, just 2 meters wide balls back and forth. Wish Baggy would try something different.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:31 am

There is NOTHING better than watching Nole on fire.There's not enough madness to express it with this luke-warm smiley, but still, beggars can't be choosers Yahoo

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:33 am

Baghdatis' forehand is letting him down.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:34 am

Are we watching the same match?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:37 am

16 minutes, should have been a routine hold.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:40 am

Nole to serve for the match with love Cool

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:45 am

What did I tell you?
That's maaaa boy! NOLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Very Happy Smile Cool Yahoo heart heart heart

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:45 am

Nole fisting and pumping, shouting like a child, doesn't even look to the umpire when he shakes hands, and then turns again and shouts and fists.

What a disgraceful show off from the so called No:1.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:45 am

Jahu wrote:Nole fisting and pumping, shouting like a child, doesn't even look to the umpire when he shakes hands, and then turns again and shouts and fists.

What a disgraceful show off from the so called No:1.

oh shut up you sad case laughing

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:46 am

Nice try from Marcos, but he just wasn't good enough tonight.

Djokovic was just too strong in his service games overall (with the exception of the 8th game of the second set of course) and Baghdatis made too many errors on his forehand.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:49 am

Baghdatis is only 2 years older than Djokovic - he looks much older.

What was that second set dip about - do you think Nole is starting to get bored/distracted like Fed?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:51 am

reckoner wrote:Baghdatis is only 2 years older than Djokovic - he looks much older.

What was that second set dip about - do you think Nole is starting to get bored/distracted like Fed?

NO. Miami is Nole's. (again)

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:53 am

Oh boy!!... talk about crazy fans on 606v2.
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:56 am

yeah - I don't mind the Djoker, but some of his fans on here are pretty hideous

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:56 am

reckoner wrote:Baghdatis is only 2 years older than Djokovic - he looks much older.

I just think he had one shaky game in an otherwise dominant performance.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:58 am

kemet wrote:

I just think he had one shaky game in an otherwise dominant performance.

Yeah he was on cruise control for the rest of the match, but in that game was just missing everything.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:00 am

reckoner wrote:yeah - I don't mind the Djoker, but some of his fans on here are pretty hideous
Maybe some, but this one I don't mind. nitb is a likable poster, even with that crazy fan behavior.

nitb, enjoy Djo's win tonight.
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:03 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Oh boy!!... talk about crazy fans on 606v2.

oooooh yessssssss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ&feature=related

Last edited by noleisthebest on Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:08 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
reckoner wrote:yeah - I don't mind the Djoker, but some of his fans on here are pretty hideous
Maybe some, but this one I don't mind. nitb is a likable poster, even with that crazy fan behavior.

nitb, enjoy Djo's win tonight.

I will Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:12 am

Some sizzling matches tomorrow!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:52 am

oh reckoner, have compassion....I am the lone Nole fan here twixt all these Fed fan wolves and Nadal fan senoritas, I have to make my voice HEARRRRRRRRRRD!

Capisce Wink ?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:51 am

noleisthebest wrote:NOLE IS LOOKING REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.

Fed is going to be mincemeat in that semi....

hahaaahahahaha

U forgot my star in the quarters , Del Potro awaits Djoko, he is not gonna cross him Very Happy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:58 am

invisiblecoolers wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:NOLE IS LOOKING REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.

Fed is going to be mincemeat in that semi....

hahaaahahahaha

U forgot my star in the quarters , Del Potro awaits Djoko, he is not gonna cross him Very Happy

Delpo....good lad...and ideal Nole fodder Cool

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:49 am

Well done Nole clap he sounds as if he is in awesome form NITB!

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:58 am

Jahu wrote:Baghdat-boy still no racquet sponsor, same blue one as AO. Hope he has enough of them.
That's because he plays with Fischer Vacuum racquets which are no longer made (I play with similar ones except mine are the Kafelnikov model - and they got a good outing for 3-4 hours yesterday, aching abit today!). He'd have to Ebay to get "new" ones. Baggy will not be someone who mistreats his racquets!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:52 pm

time please wrote:Well done Nole clap he sounds as if he is in awesome form NITB!

TP, it was well worth the late night and feeling half dead all morning Cool

If you hadn't seen the match and just saw the score, you could've been forgiven thinking, another one of those...but Baggy played a really, really good match and would've beaten almost anybody but the top three, shame he got the short straw with his draw.

Nole is totally back and looks very much in business. I'd be surprised if he didn't keep his title.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:23 pm

Baggy was good last night, and Djokovic post-match demeanor clearly conveyed a tough match.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:05 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

oh reckoner, have compassion....I am the lone Nole fan here twixt all these Fed fan wolves and Nadal fan senoritas, I have to make my voice HEARRRRRRRRRRD!

Capisce Wink ?

Yeah I suppose I can understand that.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:08 pm

I saw the match last night and it was similar to the Fed v Harrison match - domination for the first set followed by a little lapse in the second. Never felt that Djoker was finding it difficult to manage Baggy.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:54 pm

Dimitrov breaks!
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:55 pm

Allez Dimi....show them you are soon a top 10 player!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Dimi aces to win the 1st!!
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:59 pm

didn't expect this.......
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:02 pm

Jeremy_Kyle wrote:didn't expect this.......

I honestly did. I hadn't seen Dimi played for long but I was already impressed at his last Wimbldeon and how he ran Almagro close at last AO.

He has not won yet but he is showing he can play with the top players now.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:13 pm

I don't know , mentally he looks still too weak. He's got the shots though......
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:04 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

Capisce Wink ?

Hey NITB, here are not only blind senoritas and howling wolves, but also some who also know who is the best, GO NOLE!!! drumroll

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:26 pm

Dimitrov breaks in the 3rd for 5-4 and will serve for it!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:29 pm

30-15 Dimi
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:29 pm

Raking FH DTL from Tomas...30-30
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:30 pm

BH return long from Berdy....MP Dimi!!!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:30 pm

Bullet FH return from Berdy, Dimi hits long, deuce
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:31 pm

BH error from Berdy...MP#2
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:33 pm

BH return into net, Dimitrov wins!
Good result for him...if he can go deep here he'll start to make others look up for sure.
Some nice ralleys...you can see why they say Dimi was the 2nd coming of Federer, his BH is very similar looking and he plays an allcourt game. Still looks like he needs to get stronger to me though...but this can come with time.

Last edited by lydian on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:33 pm

clap Dimitrov clap

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Jeremy_Kyle wrote:I don't know , mentally he looks still too weak. He's got the shots though......

Yes I agree. Luckily he was facing an even mentally weaker opponent today.

However, He has good shots, doing what he does with a SHBH is certainly proof of a great talent.

What he needs to improve is very clear.

1 - Increase 1st serve %
2 - fitness (looked breathless most of the time)
3 - footwork...looks confused on the court.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:41 pm

1 and 2 can be worked on (and agree he looked tired, as I commented also), 3 is harder as much of that is innate talent (unless its more a case of bad positioning than actual footwork per se)
Would add he needs to up the gas on the 2nd serve also.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next