The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaino annouces that he´s off to Japan after Super15

4 posters

Go down

Kaino annouces that he´s off to Japan after Super15 Empty Kaino annouces that he´s off to Japan after Super15

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 22 Mar 2012, 11:28 am

Well it seems that Kaino is not only out for six months with a shoulder injury but is about to announce that he is off to Japan to play test rugby. To me this is a big blow. We´ve already lost one enforcer in the pack with Thorn off to Japan but now this leaves a big hole not only in the number 6 position but in terms of the all important balance in the backrow. McCaw is able to perform his roaming job because of the work done by Kaino in the tight. Whilst there are possible replacements in Thomson and Messam, neither has the quality of Kaino.

Maybe this will allow him to come back for a RWC campaign in 2015 but I certainly hope that it´s not a start of a trend. He will be a big loss. I certainly hope there is another player like him who comes along just as he did for Jerry Collins because none of the incumbents fills me with confidence in their ability to perform a similar job.

Last edited by kiakahaaotearoa on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Kaino annouces that he´s off to Japan after Super15 Empty Re: Kaino annouces that he´s off to Japan after Super15

Post by chewed_mintie Thu 22 Mar 2012, 11:47 am

Big loss but Hoeata could fill the enforcer role at 6.

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Kaino annouces that he´s off to Japan after Super15 Empty Re: Kaino annouces that he´s off to Japan after Super15

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 22 Mar 2012, 11:51 am

Could indeed mintie. Certainly a better prospect than those who have already had a chance. Messam has been given loads of chances and has failed to make an impact. Thomson is a mixed bag to say the least. Kaino was one of my favourite players and 6 is such a strong position in world rugby at the moment. Like halfback it is now a problem area in my view.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Thu 22 Mar 2012, 12:03 pm

Is Hoeata not a lock. Can't see him displacing Thomson for the landers

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 22 Mar 2012, 12:05 pm

These are all quality players going to Japan.

Surely this will have a knock on effect and boost the standard of the Japanese national team....ie young Japanese lads will learn lots from the likes of Thorn and Kaino etc...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 22 Mar 2012, 12:47 pm

He is both Standulstermen. A bit like a Ryan Jones or a Chabal. I´ve even heard Croft as being touted as a possible lock. Where to put the guy? Not really big enough to be a lock but a great lineout option at the back with a physical presence in the backrow. Personally I see those types of players being better suited as a blindside rather than a lock. Brad Thorn was an exception to the rule. Personally I thought it was a mistake to put him in at lock. An eight or a blindside might have been an easier transition for him. I quickly let go those reservations though ...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down