The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online booking

+4
hend085
Nay
navyblueshorts
barragan
8 posters

Go down

Online booking Empty Online booking

Post by barragan Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:12 pm

both my home and away clubs have just invested in online booking systems this season. at first use the one at my home club seems really good, incorporating booking for medals as well as similar facilities previously provided by howdidido.co.uk for announcing comp results and updating handicap records.

the main pro though is that now online booking takes priority over the previous booking arrangement which prioritised anyone who was able to turn up in person at the pro shop the day before the booking was needed at 8am - basically all the local oldies got first pick and anyone who worked or just couldn't be in that part of town got the leftovers. now fair is fair for all!!

how does booking work at your club, and does it work well?

barragan

Back to top Go down

Online booking Empty Re: Online booking

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:32 pm

Wish we had the same! We have the howdidido online bookings but they don't go live until 48 hours after the start sheet is posted in the clubhouse. Waste of time! And I get leftovers.... steam
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:01 pm

The Edinburgh Leisure Courses use online booking, which seems to have the times for associated clubs comp times marked.

I find it works really well and there never seems to be any issues with it.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:27 pm

it works really well in our club i think but apparently there is a direct correlation with bar sales declining.
this season they have introduced an automated waiting list too which is great. rather than checking in for an empty spot all the time it automatically fills you in if a spot is available and sends you an email

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottieD18 Wed 21 Mar 2012, 7:16 am

The only times you can book at my club are Saturday medals.

All other days, including Sunday or Wednesday medals, must be booked on arrival. This may seem unfair but it works a treat as almost always you can get a time within 20 or 30 minutes. Allowing the tee to be booked in advance (either in person or on-line) means it is very difficult to make a late decision to play and slots are waisted with no-shows.

I guess this method would not work if the club has too many members and not enough times.

ScottieD18

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 21 Mar 2012, 8:13 am

Is there a penalty for a no show for any of these bookings

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Wed 21 Mar 2012, 8:18 am

theres big talk about it in my club but ive never heard of anyone being penalised

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Wed 21 Mar 2012, 9:07 am

Our club uses online booking for medals and just saturday and sunday mornings. Which works really well as that means if you want to roll up in the summer after 1030 you can walk on the tee and just get a game, but also means if you want an early time its easy enough to book it 10days in advance.

No issues during the week, online booking is available for weekdays if you really want it but in fairness there's regular swindels for all to come and join in anyway so no-one really books midweek as they know by merely turning up they can get a game and if someone has booked a specific time the swindel simply stands by and allows them to play at the alloted time they have so works really well.

All big comps are drawn so the club allocate times anyway for those and try to alternate your early and late starts so no 2 weeks are always the same where possible.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Wed 21 Mar 2012, 10:04 am

My Club has had online booking for bounce games for a while but this season is the first its introduced it for medals 9 days in advance. Should be a success but we will soon find out.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down