The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloucester's Wood out for the season

+4
Ozzy3213
Bathman_in_London
Bathite
HammerofThunor
8 posters

Go down

Gloucester's Wood out for the season Empty Gloucester's Wood out for the season

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 15 Mar 2012, 12:08 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17381991

He's had surgery after his injury against Leicester (pectoral muscle). Out for 3 months. Almost certainly rules him out of any involvement in the South Africa tour. Hopefully back for Gloucester's pre-season

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Gloucester's Wood out for the season Empty Re: Gloucester's Wood out for the season

Post by Bathite Thu 15 Mar 2012, 12:13 pm

Big loss for Glos! Don't have much strength in depth in the front row. Also a real shame that he won't get the chance to test himself against the SAs in their back garden. Plenty of our forwards will get a tough examination.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Gloucester's Wood out for the season Empty Re: Gloucester's Wood out for the season

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 15 Mar 2012, 12:14 pm

Real shame for him, why he hasnt been involved in an England squad so far is beyond me (mind you, so are many aspects of front row play!)

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 15 Mar 2012, 1:19 pm

Lots of young LHs pushing for selection, but Corbs really come on this 6Ns, looks like he has secured that shirt for a while now, but might be rested for SA tour, who knows.

Marler
Mullan
Imiloek
Catt

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 2:01 pm

That's a real blow for Gloucester as Dan Murphy who is their back up loosehead is not very good.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:50 am

He is without doubt our player of the season by a country mile! He is a massive loss to us. The only saving grace is that his injury comes at a time when Glaws' next 5 games aren't against terrifying packs. I think Dan Murphy is a decent enough player, but he's no Woody!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 16 Mar 2012, 8:22 am

HongKongCherry wrote:He is without doubt our player of the season by a country mile! He is a massive loss to us. The only saving grace is that his injury comes at a time when Glaws' next 5 games aren't against terrifying packs. I think Dan Murphy is a decent enough player, but he's no Woody!
HKC, you've got Exe at home in 8 days time and we're known for nothing if not for our pack? Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:40 am

I realised as soon as I wrote that it could sound derogatory, what I meant by that is that we've already faced the teams regarded as having the best packs, whilst no team is going to be a pushover, the loss of Woody will be felt less.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:56 am

Nae wurries, bud, it'll be a massive challenge for us at Kingsholm OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:03 am

HKC

Murphy is one of the worst scrummaging props in the league. Pray for good weather and an open running game with few scrums if you are relying on him.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:20 am

Asbo - we just need to get this 6N lark out of the way & get back to the proper stuff!

Ozzy - Murphy gets a lot of stick. Glaws' forum Shedweb is full of it! Personally I feel he is better than he is given credit for. His recent performances, albeit from the bench, have been far sturdier. Having said that the harder ground will come in handy!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:24 am

He often flattered to decieve when he was with us HKC. He is a big lad and should be more powerful than he actually is. His scrum technique is poor. On occasion he gets away with it, but I wouldn't want him as my starter for a long stretch of games.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:30 am

Lots of young LHs pushing for selection, but Corbs really come on this 6Ns, looks like he has secured that shirt for a while now, but might be rested for SA tour, who knows.

Marler
Mullan
Imiloek
Catt

I don't think Catt or Imolek are likely to get anywhere near the England squad unless there is a seriously big injury list. They both have potential but it is not recognised enough for them to be first or even second choice at their own clubs.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:46 am

Not yet, but plenty of time, both have been involved in the Saxons, but are certainly a way behind Mullan, Wood, Corbs and Marler

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:33 am

True, they do have time on their side.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by niwatts Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:36 pm

Big loss for Gloucester in finishing the season out, he's been in cracking form for them.

I suspect the only reason he hasn't had an England call up this season has been his penalty rate. Last I heard he was the most penalised player in the premiership and that's the sort of thing that gets magnified on the international stage.

niwatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down