The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darren Sutherland Inquest

+2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Pedro147
6 posters

Go down

Darren Sutherland Inquest Empty Darren Sutherland Inquest

Post by Pedro147 Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:03 pm

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/boxing-promoter-frank-maloney-brands-inquest-into-darren-sutherland-death-witch-hunt-3050604.html

Hi guys,

I'm sure we are all aware of the sad loss of Darren Sutherland. There is an inquest going on currently, doesn't seem to be getting any coverage at all in the UK but is quite big here in Ireland at the moment.

Frank Moloney is due to be called to the stand today has placed himself in a bad light by calling the inquest a "witch hunt" on his Twitter account yesterday.

Some of the info to come out of the inquest so far is that Sutherland wanted to quit boxing but that Frank wouldn't let him and that he would force Darren to repay his GBP90,000 for potential loss of earnings. Darren knew he couldn't afford it and was worried about putting his family in debt should he quit with Frank.

Also another thing is that Sutherland suffered a very bad cut in sparring that then got infected. He felt that the cut wouldn't ever heal correctly and this made him even more worried.

I know it's not the nicest topic but thought I would share with you.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Darren Sutherland Inquest Empty Re: Darren Sutherland Inquest

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:30 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Terrible thing suicide it's like throwing a pebble into a pond and seeing the ripples it makes..

Pretty selfish thing to do....speaking as a parent If one of mine were to do it I don't know how I could reconcile myself with the fact that he felt so bad he had to take his own life and I wasn't around to dull his pain...whether it was my fault or not..

Know a family who lost a Son and they haven't been able to cope to well.. and that was nearly ten years ago...You never get over it..

Tragic he felt the need to do it..tragic for the people who are left behind and tragic there are so few outlets for people with depression due to lack of funding and lack of people who can succesfully diagnose and treat sufferers....early enough to keep them from self-harm..

RIP..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:50 pm

I've been to 3 funerals of friends who have taken their own lives in the last 10 months, most recent was 2 fridays ago. And it gets harder and harder to see the families try to walk behind the coffin.

The times we live in are so demanding and unfortunately the majority of normal everyday people just lack the belief that they will/can ever amount to anything in life.

Hopefully Darren's family can one day let go of the anger because it is guaranteed that for as long as they feel this bitterness, the quicker it will be before their own lifes are wasted and threw away.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:54 am

There is more to depression than lacking belief that you'd ever amount to anything in life...

Depression takes many forms and has many triggers...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:12 am

Did you read the inquest Truss?, Darren lacked belief in himself. His counseller testified to this.

I mean't the majority of people who chose to end their life are in a hole that they have no belief that they can get out of it, whether they be addicted to drugs, alcohol or whether they just have such low self esteem that they feel there is no point in living.

2 years ago in North Belfast their were a spate of suicides by teenagers all around the same age, I think within 2 months 14 or 15 had all chose the rope. Now the area in question is a renouned hot spot of unemployment, drugs, etc.

My friend who got buried 2 weeks ago didn't take drugs, but was made redundant over 3 months ago, was engaged to be married and just found out he had a kid on the way. Im not saying I knew what was in his head leading up to his final moments, but I would have a good guess and say a lot of pressure and lack of confidence that he could cope.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:35 am

You were generalising...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:50 am

[quote="TRUSSMAN66"]Terrible thing suicide it's like throwing a pebble into a pond and seeing the ripples it makes..

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I dunno Trussy. If someone truly feels that there life is not worth living then who are we to say they are selfish to want to end it. I agree though (although not a parent myself) if someone like my sibling or parents were to do it i would be left shattered. As sentient beings we all have our own daemons tho. I was depressed once for a week (i'm fortunate to be cheery in nature) and if i had to live like that day in day out it would suck. Not saying i would off myself, but everyone is different. Not arguing with you TRUSS, just offering a diff side mate

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:59 am

I watched Barry McGuigan talking about his brother committing sucide,Barry even brought him to England to live with him in hope it would help him beat his depression.
Nothing stronger than someones mind,sometimes your helpless even when you try to help.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:14 am

A brother is different from someone you've brought into this World..

Not trying to say it doesn't hurt real bad.. but your role in life as a parent is to nurture and protect your off-spring..

Unless they turn out to be right-wingers or Utd fans that is!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:21 am

I know as a non-parent i cant know that type of love. But i bet twins feel just as strongly about one another or army vets who fought in foxholes together, and some other people haha.

Anyway, poor Darren, that's all i have to say.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:54 am

Open verdict has been announced in the coroners report.

If I can give a small bit of personal background on this. I'm friends of Darren's uncle, he's a friend of my father's. The reason this inquest was requested was that Darren's family got an independent autopsy and report done and it returned back that the knots on the rope could not have been done by Darren and the inquest was requested on these grounds. I suppose it's still up in the air with this verdict.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0315/sutherlandd.html

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down