The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster just lost to Aironi! WTF!

+12
George Carlin
red_stag
SecretFly
rawa86
Notch
pete (buachaill on eirne)
ME-109
BlueMuff
asoreleftshoulder
Cymroglan
Biltong
Jenifer McLadyboy
16 posters

Go down

Munster just lost to Aironi! WTF! Empty Munster just lost to Aironi! WTF!

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:08 pm

I'm stunned. Speechless.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Munster just lost to Aironi! WTF! Empty Re: Munster just lost to Aironi! WTF!

Post by Biltong Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:13 pm

mate, you can't complain about people putting scores in the headline of a thread and then you provide the result of a match in yours. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:14 pm

Aironi 21-17 Munster
Bottom club Aironi survived a late fightback to shock high-flying Munster in the Pro12 League

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:15 pm

biltongbek wrote:mate, you can't complain about people putting scores in the headline of a thread and then you provide the result of a match in yours. thumbsup

Well spotted Laugh

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:18 pm

Very surprised by this result but it makes things a lot easier for Leinster now as Munster were looking like a real threat.We should be able to top the table comfortably now and will be well able to rotate the squad so everyone stays fresh.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:25 pm

You put a bitch moan post about people giving results away and then you go do exactly what you were up on your high horse about.....WHY -oh I think we know why

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:36 pm

biltongbek wrote:mate, you can't complain about people putting scores in the headline of a thread and then you provide the result of a match in yours. thumbsup
Sorry lads

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:41 pm

BlueMuff wrote:You put a bitch moan post about people giving results away and then you go do exactly what you were up on your high horse about.....WHY -oh I think we know why
Dunno what this is about. Headscratch

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 11 Mar 2012, 10:53 pm

We were so bad it isnt worth thinking about....only plus was Archer who had a good game and Wally got some game time...

The rest were headless....without some of our leaders (Coughlan, O'Mahoney, ROG etc the young fellas look clueless. Tokula looks a great find....NOT!

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 11 Mar 2012, 11:15 pm

Saw the game but even after the second aironi try (a beaut) I thought munster would just find a way. This makes the top spot more clear cut and makes second place more up for grabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 11 Mar 2012, 11:18 pm

This, so much this.

I'm all for no scores in thread titles but this is some hypocrisy! Laugh
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 11 Mar 2012, 11:26 pm

It's not as big a shock as some are making out- it's a poor result and performance by Munster, but if you go to Italy and you don't perform they can punish teams as poor as they are.

It's a bit of a shame for Munster, but I think they are slowly learning Scott Deasy isn't a guy who can take them forward. He got the hook at half-time for Keatley. Poor decision not to show faith in the more talented player, regardless of form.

Maybe my criticism of Deasy will upset some Munster fans, but I don't mean it to- I actually genuinely want to see Leinster and Munster do well in this tournament. I'm certain they'll both make the playoffs anyway, but until the playoffs I'm right behind them and if Ulster don't make the top 4 I hope Munster win it. I just feel even if Keatley is playing poor he's a much better long term bet to make it to a higher level.

But Scott Deasy is one of a small number of Munster lads who won't ever really make it. Denis Hurley is another, though I suppose he can do quite well when he's playing well so maybe thats harsh.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 11 Mar 2012, 11:29 pm

Why was this a Sunday fixture ?

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 11 Mar 2012, 11:35 pm

Why not?

After all, Italy were playing on Saturday. They wouldn't have wanted any clash with the national team.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rawa86 Sun 11 Mar 2012, 11:43 pm

Notch wrote:It's not as big a shock as some are making out- it's a poor result and performance by Munster, but if you go to Italy and you don't perform they can punish teams as poor as they are.

It's a bit of a shame for Munster, but I think they are slowly learning Scott Deasy isn't a guy who can take them forward. He got the hook at half-time for Keatley. Poor decision not to show faith in the more talented player, regardless of form.

Maybe my criticism of Deasy will upset some Munster fans, but I don't mean it to- I actually genuinely want to see Leinster and Munster do well in this tournament. I'm certain they'll both make the playoffs anyway, but until the playoffs I'm right behind them and if Ulster don't make the top 4 I hope Munster win it. I just feel even if Keatley is playing poor he's a much better long term bet to make it to a higher level.

But Scott Deasy is one of a small number of Munster lads who won't ever really make it. Denis Hurley is another, though I suppose he can do quite well when he's playing well so maybe thats harsh.

I'm not too sure if Deasy will make it either but i think you are very harsh on Hurley. He has played very well this season. Arguably our most creative back.

rawa86

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 12 Mar 2012, 12:32 am

I don't believe Munster can be so bad (as reports seem to suggest - didn't get to see it). I just don't believe it. Either a training game or a evasion game. Don't believe they couldn't chase down a win.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:20 am

agree in full. hypocritical.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:23 am

Did Munster play their Ladies Second Reserve XXII?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:38 am

red_stag wrote:

agree in full. hypocritical.
just to be clear guys. I agree too. Bleeding gobsh1te that guy. Couldn't have timed it better.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:52 am

thumbsup
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 12 Mar 2012, 11:15 am

That result gives Leinster a bit of breathing room at the top of the table now. 11 points clear with 5 games to go. We’ve Ospreys and Edinburgh at home and Munster, Ulster and Dragons away. We could probably afford to lose 2 of the away games and still stay at the top of the pile.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 12 Mar 2012, 11:54 am

I agree with that Mick, means that Munster will have to fight for their home tie too which if they'd got 5 points out of that game would have been a lot easier for them

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Mon 12 Mar 2012, 12:06 pm

Mickado wrote:That result gives Leinster a bit of breathing room at the top of the table now. 11 points clear with 5 games to go. We’ve Ospreys and Edinburgh at home and Munster, Ulster and Dragons away. We could probably afford to lose 2 of the away games and still stay at the top of the pile.

I think a second XV would be the best bet for the Ulster game. I'm thinking purlely of your players and the benefit they will get from being rested... Run

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Mon 12 Mar 2012, 1:09 pm

Funny enough that even as poor as we were it looked for all the world that we were going to win it. Keatley kicking it away was unfortunate. If it came off he was a hero.

Im not to bothered about it to be honest. Missing nearly all of your leaders it was never going to be easy. What is a problem is we have no replacement for ROG. Neither Keatley or Deasy are anywhere near the standard needed.

In terms of home semi its still well within in our grasp with 3 home games which we should win.

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 13 Mar 2012, 12:34 am

Aironi actually scored some good tries in this game, fair play. It's a result thats obviously bad for Munster (who'll get a home semi anyway, so doesn't matter long term) but great for the league.

I like Aironi, I'd like to see them do well in the future. This is massive for them.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 13 Mar 2012, 1:49 am

Great for Aironi and Italian club-rugby, in beating the reigning Champs. Great for the PRO12. They needed something like this. Treviso were stealing
all Italian glory. Its just a matter of time before they leave Welsh and Scottish clubs behind.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:21 am

I know Munster were missing a lot of players but it must be remember that Aironi have something like 8 to 10 players in the Italian squad. This was a long way from being their first XV

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:08 am

Yeah agree with Blue, Keatley doesn't seem to be the answer at 10 for Munster until he gets some more consistency.

I really liked him at Connacht but he doesn't seem to be doing so great anymore.

Are Munster really gaureented a home semi, they may slip up, i'd be surprised if they do but it is definitely possible

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down