The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brook VS Hatton...for once there's an undercard to match!

+6
Imperial Ghosty
Steffan
Strongback
OasisBFC
bellchees
BallchinianMuffwig
10 posters

Go down

Brook VS Hatton...for once there's an undercard to match! Empty Brook VS Hatton...for once there's an undercard to match!

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Anybody had a look at it on Boxrec? As if the main event wasn't enough we're getting Carl Frampton, Lee Purdy-Adnan Amar and definately the one I'll be paying attention to Grzegorz Proksa fighting Kerry Hope. For me Proksa looks like a massive prospect at MW, I watched a load of his old fights after seeing him beat Sylvester, guessing that Kerry Hope will get another stoppage loss.

Anyone agree that this is a good undercard? And finally whats your prediciton for the main event? Brook humungous UD.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Brook VS Hatton...for once there's an undercard to match! Empty Re: Brook VS Hatton...for once there's an undercard to match!

Post by bellchees Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:04 pm

Brook by very wide decision or maybe late stoppage. I've been waiting for Proksa to get a fight sorted he looked very good dismantling Sylvester, really wanted him in with someone better but hopefully this is just a keep busy fight and he'll be back in real quick.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Brook VS Hatton...for once there's an undercard to match! Empty Re: Brook VS Hatton...for once there's an undercard to match!

Post by OasisBFC Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:25 pm

new lightweight scott cardle is making his debut too. he's been signed to matchroom and is trained by joe gallagher.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:39 pm

Pity the main event is dirt.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:15 pm

Strongback wrote:Pity the main event is dirt.
Agree. The ultimate Polish punchbag basher v Someone who doesnt really offer nothing other than a good chin and his brother was good

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Alright Steffan, I'm still waiting all these years later for Brook to fight someone half decent.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:26 pm

Strongy nice to see you on here Smile

8 years Brook has been fighting this year. He is meant to be this great prospect 'He would batter Khan' 'He is the best prospect from the Isles' bla bla and yet again another poor fight. How long is this guy gonna be a 'prospect' for?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:28 pm

Reminds me of a certain welsh boxer though Steffan.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:34 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Reminds me of a certain welsh boxer though Steffan.
Yeah I knew some clown was gonna throw that in my face. Should have guessed it would be you. I assume you mean Cleverly. Im not getting into a Cleverly arguement as this thread is about Brook v Hatton...but for the record...at least Cleverly was still only part time until a year and a half ago. Brook has been a full time pro for 8 years and to be honest Lovemore Ndou aside his opponents have been fair worse than your Karpencys, Bellews or Murats

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Sorry that just doesn't cut it Steffan, he has been a profressional boxer for 7 years now and his opposition has been just as bad if not worse than Brooks. Hatton, Jackiwiecs and N'Dou more than match up to Bellew, Murat and Karpency, they both need to step but at least one doesn't claim to be something he isn't.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:47 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:they both need to step but at least one doesn't claim to be something he isn't.
Are you serious? Kell Brook was sitting there with Naz after one fight and Naz was giving it the "Chuck this boy in with Pacquiao he will destroy him" and Brook was like "Yeah thats a fight I want etc". Im not gonna sit here and defend Brook or Cleverly but Kel is on about how he would beat Khan when Brook has been a pro longer than Khan and look at the opposition difference. Brook is just as bad for "I wanna fight the best" and then its another poor opponent and nothing will convince me otherwise

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:49 pm

You do realise it looks like bitterness when you constantly bang on about how english fighters need to step up when the welsh ones are just as bad?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:53 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:You do realise it looks like bitterness when you constantly bang on about how english fighters need to step up when the welsh ones are just as bad?
Name me another English fighter I have said needs to step up? I never said Clev wasnt as bad. I just said I thought he opposition was slighty better which still doesnt excuse him in future. Most English fighters like Khan and Froch have got impressive opponent records as it goes. I think your on a troll by calling me bitter. And YOUR the one who said
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Reminds me of a certain welsh boxer though Steffan.
I was quite happy just taking about Brook and Hatton. Why didnt you defend Kel without bringing 'certain welsh boxer' into it?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:36 pm

No witty response Ghosty?.........thought not Wink

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Proska needs to change promoters i feel, taking a huge step back with this fight
Unbeatable Georgey Groves

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:12 pm

apparenly the guy he's fighting has been sparring with ryan rhodes, and was in the ring with him when he was injuried

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:38 am

We all know Brook has the skills to dismantle Hatton but this fight has to be put into perspective. It's a competitive step up for Kell who is being moved in the right direction. So long as he fights two more times this year culminating in a big test then it's fine.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:16 am

Got to love the blurb from this TV listing;

Kell Brook v Matthew Hatton. Coverage of the welterweight contest at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield, where two of Britain's top pugilists in this weight class face each other. Brook puts his WBA Intercontinental title on the line, while Matthew, the younger brother of Ricky Hatton, risks his IBF International title

So, nothing on the line then!

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:42 am

Yeah if his next fight is not a world title fight or Amir Khan it will be beyond the joke

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:47 am

alma wrote:Brook does need to fight someone world class. It is getting rather boring now tbh

Dont watch then...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down