The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy European League Homepage™

+14
Bull
Sgt_Pooly
Marky
Fernando
Fluxy
footballcrazy
cherriesfna
kamran
Cor Blimey Guvnor
SuperPav9
The Special Juan
Hodgey
Hero
pullthestrings
18 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Fantasy European League Homepage™ - Page 2 Empty Fantasy European League Homepage™

Post by pullthestrings Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Fantasy European League™

Noticeboard

• Round 11 results have been announced. Congratulations to Barcelona and TSC for winning the league.

Teams and Managers

AC Milan - CaptainUnited£3 mil
Arsenal - Hero£7 mil
Barcelona - TSC£7 mil
Bayern Munich - Pullthestrings (Caretaker)£5.5 mil
Chelsea - Kamran£10 mil
Inter Milan - Cor Blimey Guv'nor£13.5 mil
Juventus - Cherriesfan£23 mil
Liverpool - Football Crazy£16 mil
Manchester City - Pullthestrings£1 mil
Manchester United - Gregers£2 mil
Real Madrid - TheBrahmaBull£20 mil
Tottenham Hotspur - Gav£19 mil

Links

Rules

Matchday
League Table
European Cup
Fixtures and Results
Injuries
Top Goalscorers

Transfer Centre
Foreign Transfer Market
Player Releases
Transfer Confirmation

Media and Awards
Press Releases
Manager of the Month

Waiting list:
Captain United
Puntingred
TwisT

Last edited by pullthestrings on Sat 05 May 2012, 4:48 pm; edited 48 times in total

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Fantasy European League Homepage™ - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy European League Homepage™

Post by Hero Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:05 pm

I like Khedeira, think he's not given the credit in here and I've tried to acquire him a few times as he'd obviously then fit with the German nucleus I'm building.
Scored his first goal for Real at the weekend too.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Fantasy European League Homepage™ - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy European League Homepage™

Post by pullthestrings Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:07 pm

Predictions due:
https://www.606v2.com/t25290-fantasy-european-league-european-cup-matchday-1

No predictions bonus for the cup, and no descriptions necessary

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by kamran Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:10 pm

I know what you mean Hero.

I will keep him as he is a regular starter for Real and is standing out in games.

Pull - will predict after a light lunch

kamran

Back to top Go down

Post by Cor Blimey Guvnor Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:22 pm

A light lunch? You having Maltesers or something?

Good old stodge for me. <bigfatbloatersmiley>

Cor Blimey Guvnor

Back to top Go down

Post by kamran Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:30 pm

Tea and Yorkie actually

Missus making steak and chips tonight to go along with the Milan game

kamran

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:31 pm

Sushi for lunch for me Smile

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:35 pm

KFC! KFC! KFC!
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by kamran Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:36 pm

You guys don't mess around do you?

Off to get Yorkie Yahoo

kamran

Back to top Go down

Post by Cor Blimey Guvnor Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:37 pm

That's more like it.

Yorkie. OK Just chocolate or fruit&nut ?

KFC OK

Sushi - never actually had it. Not sure it's that popular in my neck of the woods. More of a McD / KFC type of place.

Cor Blimey Guvnor

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:38 pm

Cereal and an orange... Sad

I'm on a health hype at the minute - playing above my standard is hard enough as it is so trying to get fit.

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:39 pm

bbq RANCHER MEAL NUMNUM NUM
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cor Blimey Guvnor Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:42 pm

Laugh

Retire and bloat out mate.

Cor Blimey Guvnor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:53 pm

Cor Blimey Guvnor wrote:That's more like it.

Yorkie. OK Just chocolate or fruit&nut ?

KFC OK

Sushi - never actually had it. Not sure it's that popular in my neck of the woods. More of a McD / KFC type of place.

In my town (and nearby ones) all the MCDs, Burger Kings and KFCs shut down and were by Sushi and wine bars!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cor Blimey Guvnor Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:59 pm

You obviously live in a much more sophisticated place that me bud. Although McD does come in handy for the kids now and then. 3 happy meals & McFlurries for less than a tenner. Marvellous.

Cor Blimey Guvnor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 06 Mar 2012, 2:45 pm

Yeah I have 2 boys aged 6 & 4, they're not over keen on sushi as yet, though the eldest does like olives and humous.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by kamran Tue 06 Mar 2012, 2:53 pm

I work next to the ITV building in London so not much quick fast food places here.

Lots of sushi's and sandwich places but well over-priced.

They must think we are going to the Emirates Whistle

kamran

Back to top Go down

Post by kamran Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:39 pm

Hoping Arsenal win today and keep that winning run going.

No chance of them qualifying even though I wish it could happen

kamran

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:42 pm

20-1 on Arsenal qualifying...

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by kamran Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:45 pm

It should have been 50-1

kamran

Back to top Go down

Post by Cor Blimey Guvnor Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:15 pm

20-1? How skinny is that?

Cor Blimey Guvnor

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:28 pm

I dunno, Liverpool scored 3 in 45 mins. They need 4 in 90. Doable!

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by Cor Blimey Guvnor Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:38 pm

It's doable yes but how often does it happen? Less than one time in 20 that's for sure.

I suppose bookies don't get rich by giving money away.

Cor Blimey Guvnor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:18 pm

I'll respond to all offers tomorrow.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by footballcrazy Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:40 am

rose

footballcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cor Blimey Guvnor Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:21 am

Morning guys.

Cor Blimey Guvnor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:32 am

Morning!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by kamran Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:43 am

Well done Arsenal...you made all Arsenal fans proud.

However, I thought Song was really awful and couldnt pass to save his life.
Wallcott and Gervinho run like headless chickens and don't really shoot as often

Great confidence booster for the season.
Wenger showing that he still can fight with the best.

kamran

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:49 am

Thought that Koscielny looked very good last night and Ox 1st half showed why he should be on the plane to the Euros IMO.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cor Blimey Guvnor Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:10 am

Strangely enough I wasn't watching the Arsenal match and ITV didn't give any goal updates so I was shocked to see the half time score after watching a turgid first 45 at St. Andrews. Thought I'd have to eat my words that Arsenal couldn't overturn the deficit. Shame they couldn't repeat the dose second half.

Gives me hope for our second leg if Napoli can play as poorly as Milan in the first half last night although we're a long way behind Arsenal in terms of putting our season back together.

Kalou was awful last night. Mata, Ramires and Ivanovic look like the only players playing with any confidence.

Cor Blimey Guvnor

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:11 am

I put that dodgey bet on.. managed to get 22/1.

I was buzzing after rugby when I found it was 3-0 at half time.

One of those ones you brag about if you win but keep quiet if you lose..

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:12 am

Cor Blimey Guvnor wrote:Strangely enough I wasn't watching the Arsenal match and ITV didn't give any goal updates so I was shocked to see the half time score after watching a turgid first 45 at St. Andrews. Thought I'd have to eat my words that Arsenal couldn't overturn the deficit. Shame they couldn't repeat the dose second half.

Gives me hope for our second leg if Napoli can play as poorly as Milan in the first half last night although we're a long way behind Arsenal in terms of putting our season back together.

Kalou IS awful . Mata, Ramires and Ivanovic look like the only players playing with any confidence.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:15 am

I very much like Ramires, think he's overlooked a lot for his performances and he jut gets on with it

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by kamran Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:17 am

Matteo should build the team around Mata.

He looks the business and playing consistently well.

If they play the ball quicker to the likes of Torres, they will benefit.
The slow build-up play doesnt suit Chelsea anymore - not the right personnel for it

kamran

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:32 am

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by Cor Blimey Guvnor Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:41 am

You should have laid the bet off pull. At half time the odds for Arsenal qualifying will have come down considerably. Just bet on Milan qualifying with a suitable amount that covers your original bet and a bit more and you guarantee a profit no matter what happens. OK

Ramires is class mate. Does just get on with it. Nothing flashy, just solid performances week in, week out. A fans dream. Top man.

We went 4-4-2 last night, or at least tried to, with Mata in the hole behind Torres, Rami and Kalou wide. Kalou struggled but Rami did his job well as usual. Ivanovic was excellent at RB. Definitely his best position for me. His crossing is good on the whole.

Torres tried hard but nothing seems to break for him. I still want to keep him though. None of this Hulk nonsense although now AVB has gone I assume that rumour will die down.

The pitch as St. Andrews was awful. So bumpy. When you saw the pitch at the Emirates, no comparison.

Cor Blimey Guvnor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cor Blimey Guvnor Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:47 am

Up for deals as usual.

Think I left some queries on various pages yesterday.

Cor Blimey Guvnor

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:53 am

Cor Blimey Guvnor wrote:You should have laid the bet off pull. At half time the odds for Arsenal qualifying will have come down considerably. Just bet on Milan qualifying with a suitable amount that covers your original bet and a bit more and you guarantee a profit no matter what happens. OK

Ramires is class mate. Does just get on with it. Nothing flashy, just solid performances week in, week out. A fans dream. Top man.

We went 4-4-2 last night, or at least tried to, with Mata in the hole behind Torres, Rami and Kalou wide. Kalou struggled but Rami did his job well as usual. Ivanovic was excellent at RB. Definitely his best position for me. His crossing is good on the whole.

Torres tried hard but nothing seems to break for him. I still want to keep him though. None of this Hulk nonsense although now AVB has gone I assume that rumour will die down.

The pitch as St. Andrews was awful. So bumpy. When you saw the pitch at the Emirates, no comparison.

Mate, I've done that before - Love it when all the betfair scenarios go green..it's a good method but can't quite remember how to lock in a profit.

Do you lay Arsenal to win or bet on Milan to win?

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by Cor Blimey Guvnor Wed 07 Mar 2012, 11:02 am

Where there are only two outcomes possible for a bet, such as the one last night with Arsenal qualifying or not qualifying, it shouldn't make any difference whether you lay Arsenal qualification or bet on Milan qualification since it is the same thing.

Normally I bet on winner/draw/loss. With 3 outcomes possible, having bet on one side, say Arsenal to win last night, once they are ahead, lay them. That locks in the profit. The alternative is to bet on the draw AND bet on Milan but it amounts to the same thing and the odds are calculated such that the cost of the lay bet and subsequent profit will be the same.

Of course, laying bets means you are sacrificing a chunk of your potential winnings if your original bet comes in which is why a lot of people don't like doing it but I have found that in the long run, you save more money by laying than you lose in potential winnings not laying.

Cor Blimey Guvnor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cor Blimey Guvnor Wed 07 Mar 2012, 11:04 am

I have found that in the long run, you save more money by laying than you lose in potential winnings not laying.
----

Mind you, that might be since my original bets are pants. Laugh

Cor Blimey Guvnor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cor Blimey Guvnor Wed 07 Mar 2012, 11:43 am

Anyone seen Szczesny's quote this morning:

"I wouldn't settle now for fourth place," he added. "We're four points behind the other North London club and hopefully we can challenge them. Hopefully Chelsea can challenge them for a fourth spot as well. I'd be really pleased to see Tottenham in the Europa League next season."

Not going to happen but the next NLD could be tasty.

Cor Blimey Guvnor

Back to top Go down

Post by kamran Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:22 pm

Guv - why wouldn't it happen?

Tottenham have been brilliant all season, maybe its that time of year where they slump?

It could happen

kamran

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:24 pm

I hope Spurs (my dad's a Spurs fan so always have a soft spot for them) don't capitulate in the final third of the season but they've done it before.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by kamran Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:26 pm

I hope they do as I have been getting it from all my colleagues all year and had so many emails cussing Arsenal

Payback would be great

kamran

Back to top Go down

Post by Cor Blimey Guvnor Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:37 pm

I see Arsenal overtaking Spurs, who just seem to be losing belief atm, but just don't see us getting back enough form to do the same. I really hope we do obviously but despite victory last night, we weren't great. Defence was still seat of the pants stuff. That's not going to work against better teams in the PL (not to mention Napoli).

Stoke will really fancy it on Saturday.

Hope I'm wrong but not too optimistic.

Of course, if we were to beat Stoke convincingly, who knows....

Cor Blimey Guvnor

Back to top Go down

Post by kamran Wed 07 Mar 2012, 2:21 pm

I do think Chelsea will get results without performing.

Tottenham just need a good run but as its the business end, teams will be giving there all

I love the premier league

kamran

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 07 Mar 2012, 2:28 pm

So after a month of chasing Cambiasso I finally get him...
and sell him 20 minutes later!

Laugh

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodgey Wed 07 Mar 2012, 4:50 pm

Predicted. OK

Haven't done a deal in ages, keen for one.

Hodgey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 07 Mar 2012, 5:19 pm

Chesney
Howedes---Boateng---Badstuber---Lahm
Vidal---Schweinsteiger
Ozil---Gotze---Hazard
Neymar

Really happy with the look of this team now
Should I keep the back four as they are or swap Boateng/Howedes positions or bring in Subotic?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Wed 07 Mar 2012, 5:24 pm

I'd go Lahm RB, Boateng LB...

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 07 Mar 2012, 5:35 pm

Swap Badstuber for Subotic. He's much better.

When are my votes due by?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next