The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Santino Marella - Diamond in the rough?

+2
psycho-gooner
Skrills
6 posters

Go down

Santino Marella - Diamond in the rough? Empty Santino Marella - Diamond in the rough?

Post by Skrills Mon 27 Feb 2012, 7:36 pm

I'm a big fan of Santino. He has been stuck as the WWE pack mule of comedy for a good few years now yet he sticks to what he loves doing and gets a great reception from the fans. What I don't understand about the booking team though is technically he outwrestles many of the guys higher on the card.

After watching the Elimination Chamber PPV (which let's face it was pretty bad in general!) the best moment of the night for me had to be when Santino hit the Cobra on Daniel Bryan and there was a split second where you thought Vince had stuck his middle finger up at the hardcore "Indy" fans. The crowd was hot for Santino to win the title only for Bryan to kick out and subsequently retain about 10 seconds later. Santino also eliminated 2 guys, something some people will gloss over but I see it as a big achievement.

I've also noticed Santino gets probably gets the 2nd biggest pop after Randy Orton. Surely Creative can see he is massively over with the fans yet continue to book him in a comedic role.

What are your thoughts on him? Is he wasted as a comedy act or is he perfect sticking to doing what he's known best for?

Skrills

Back to top Go down

Santino Marella - Diamond in the rough? Empty Re: Santino Marella - Diamond in the rough?

Post by psycho-gooner Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:26 pm

He's a comedy act and should stay that way. Transitioning into a proper main event wrestler is beyond him.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Santino Marella - Diamond in the rough? Empty Re: Santino Marella - Diamond in the rough?

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:40 pm

I wouldn't say its beyond him. He has a lethal move set up his sleeve. (that isnt a pun btw)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:10 pm

He's only over because he is a comedy act. Take that away from him and he loses his appeal. He is actually a very good worker and I'd like to see him have a midcard title heel run.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 28 Feb 2012, 7:51 am

If you look at the gimmick he had whilst being a part of FCW he was a one man wrecking crew back then in a Tazz/Angle mold. I just fear that the comedy angle has just gone on too long from him to ever be considered anything more now.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 28 Feb 2012, 8:35 am

He should be given a Kirwin White gimmick

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Skrills Tue 28 Feb 2012, 6:50 pm

Hobo wrote:He should be given a Kirwin White gimmick

That's a terrible idea.

Skrills

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 28 Feb 2012, 9:15 pm

Hobo wrote:He should be given a Kirwin White gimmick

Santino Marella - Diamond in the rough? 810156456

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down