The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Hurling League - Round One

+3
Thomond
Cari
bluemoda
7 posters

Go down

National Hurling League - Round One Empty National Hurling League - Round One

Post by bluemoda Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Cork 3-17 Waterford 0-18. Cork looking good. Waterford going backwards. This is a good Cork team and I fancy them in the championship and if they get a good few wins, who knows.

Kilkenny 2-17 Tipp 0-15 - Kilkenny way too good for Tipp who were beaten everywhere, high ball, low ball, loose ball, no ball. Kilk were way slicker and fitter. Ryan was furious. They say that Ryan doesn't communicate with the players in the way that Sheedy did and is blunt. But as grown men, surely they don't need to be nursed in such a fashion. Has Ryan turned thoroughbreds into donkeys. FFS Kilk are heading to 40 titles and at the minute there's noone to stop them. Wouldn't surprise me if Tipp end up fighting relegation.

Galway 0-20 Dublin 0-13. Are Galway better without the best player in the country? The players seem to find their niche without Joe around. Dublin, like Tipp were very poor. Daly was furious and threated to drop players if necessary.

Division 1B

Limerick 1-13 Clare 2-24. I for one, though Davy Fitz was the wrong manager for this teams. But they were good yesterday and I like them. Limerick going backwards without O'Grady.

Antrim 3-18 Wexford 2-15. Good result for Antrim. Was this really a surprise though? Wexford will be disgusted.

Ofally 1-27 Laois 0-18 - Don't know much about either team.

So, my predictions after round one, business as usual for Kilkenny. Easily make the league final with Cork as their opponents.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

National Hurling League - Round One Empty Re: National Hurling League - Round One

Post by Cari Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Gutted for the Dubs. Could've done with a winning start. Seems like Galway could be a decent side this season?

Cari

Back to top Go down

National Hurling League - Round One Empty Re: National Hurling League - Round One

Post by Thomond Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Cork? Are you off your head? It's Waterford FFS. That Cork team isn't that great at all. They have a decent enough starting team but little in reserve. Nothing like Tipp or KK. Lehane is a special talent though have been watching him for the last year, some fella was telling me about him 3 years ago!

Galway will be alright, Dubs will be the closest ones to breaking the duopoly(Tipp and KK, I used the right phrase right?)

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:12 am

I don't know Thom. I like the look of Cork this year and it's amazing what having a coach like JBM has done for the confidence already. At least the league is more competitive this year, no team can afford to lose a second game, otherwise they will be facing a possible relegation battle.

As for Clare, I liked them last year and I still like what I've see so far.

As for Tipp, don't get me started.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:42 am

I was thinking Antrim for promotion, a good start for it, will get at least an Ulster title this year again

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:58 pm

Lehane has been the word on the street for a bit now. Cork are still well short.

I despise KK, but I got annoyed at a Tipp back for blocking a shot that'd have been a beautiful goal.

Aointrim getting development money.......They are a solid outfit. That ain't right.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:15 am

Id be interested to know the Cork peoples views on John Allen??
A good follow on from O'Grady?

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:10 pm

He inherited a great team in Cork. The 06 AI wasn't beyond Cork. He did a very good solid job with Cork, should do alright in Limerick.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:49 pm

No better man.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:31 pm

I read Eoin C. is back for the Cork Hurlers Very Happy

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/0803122009-cadogan-returns-for-cork-hurlers/

Wish I could watch that game against the Dubs *sigh*

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Kilkenny have made it to their fourth Allianz League Final in six years after thumping Clare. Meanwhile Galway made sure the Dubs got relegated Sad

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:10 pm

Cari wrote:Kilkenny have made it to their fourth Allianz League Final in six years after thumping Clare. Meanwhile Galway made sure the Dubs got relegated Sad

Meantime Cork smash Tipp. I turned the TV off in disgust. Codogan had a great game, did he get man of the match?

I know Tipp are missing a lot of players, but today's performance was just ridiculous. To my mind the player Tipp are missing the most is Patrick Maher and not Lar.

Wouldn't worry about the Dubs, Conal will be back for the championship.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:17 pm

Read about Cork, Blue. Wish I'd seen if Cadogan had a good game... Whistle

I hope Conal does make a full recovery and is back soon. I miss him...and so do the Dubs.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Cari wrote:Read about Cork, Blue. Wish I'd seen if Cadogan had a good game... Whistle

I hope Conal does make a full recovery and is back soon. I miss him...and so do the Dubs.

He had a great game. Mind you the Tipp forwards were crap, making any backline look good.

I believe Conal is back in full training and should be ready for championship.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:40 pm

Nice win for Cork, they didn't start with their full strength side but they still played well, the defending could be a bit better, O'Neill got killed for the first goal. Plenty of positives to work on for next season. A quarter final wouldn't be too bad this season.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Thomond wrote:Nice win for Cork, they didn't start with their full strength side but they still played well, the defending could be a bit better, O'Neill got killed for the first goal. Plenty of positives to work on for next season. A quarter final wouldn't be too bad this season.

I think they are aiming higher than that.................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:34 pm

John Cregan wrote:
Thomond wrote:Nice win for Cork, they didn't start with their full strength side but they still played well, the defending could be a bit better, O'Neill got killed for the first goal. Plenty of positives to work on for next season. A quarter final wouldn't be too bad this season.

I think they are aiming higher than that.................

Of course they are but that doesn't mean they're good enough for it. A quarter would be a decent season, anything further is a bonus.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:53 pm

Cork will make the final this year. Wouldn't surprise me if they won it. Only Kilkenny stand in their way.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:45 pm

bluemoda wrote:Cork will make the final this year. Wouldn't surprise me if they won it. Only Kilkenny stand in their way.

No they won't, it's the league lads and lassies. You're looking too much from it. Tipp didn't have thier strongest side out, neither did KK when Cork played them. There are some very promising signs but this Cork team is a few years away from being genuine contenders. They don't have the depth KK or Tipp do.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:48 pm

Oh so it's another Tipp/Kilkenny AIF? Bummer. I was hoping someone would spoil the party (preferably those Boys in Blue... Wink )

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Cari wrote:Oh so it's another Tipp/Kilkenny AIF? Bummer. I was hoping someone would spoil the party (preferably those Boys in Blue... Wink )

More than likely, Galway could do something, but unlikely. The Dubs are contenders but probably not good enough. It's still league time so not a lot can be learned from it. There was time when Mayo footballers would do superb in the league, and we thought they would sweep everything. God were we idiots.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:48 pm

The league final will be a good pointer for Cork. I cant see Cody and Kilkenny giving it away that easy. Cork have a little more depth now than previously plus they are playing to a game plan and have less dependence on individuals for scores.

Would agree that it is a year early for them. If they could get Aidan Walsh and Ciaran Sheehan from the footballers they would make a big difference in terms of ball winning around the middle third specifically in the half forward line.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:14 am

Get them playing for both. Footballers need Sheehan definitely while Walsh is a solid footballer too.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:56 am

Dont care about the Footballers Thomond they are too flakey...always have been always will.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Yeah, a lot of Cork people feel like that. I don't though. They will win at least one or two AIs in the next few years though. Cork have a history of underachieving in the football though.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:07 am

Sheehan came back tonight and played a half of football for the club.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down