The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster looking for 2012-13 season ticket money already!!!!!!

+6
Kingshu
Cardiff Dave
geoff998rugby
Notch
Jenifer McLadyboy
brennomac
10 posters

Go down

Leinster looking for 2012-13 season ticket money already!!!!!! Empty Leinster looking for 2012-13 season ticket money already!!!!!!

Post by brennomac Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:56 pm

Sometimes I feel like I'm a cash cow for Leinster - just got an email from them telling me that if I want to get my current seat for next season, I have to pony up my €350-odd this month. That's almost six months before next season even starts. Being the mugs we are, no doubt most season ticket holders will grin and bear it and pay up for next season and hand Leinster a nice early cash pile of almost €5 million (13,500 current season-ticket holders X an average of €350 each). Grand for Leinster's cash flow and interest income, but not very nice in these straitened times for the poor punters!

I'm not moaning about the actual cost of the season ticket - it's reasonable value for a guaranteed 11 home Rabo and 3 HC pool games. What I am moaning about is being being forced to pony up my money before the current season has even ended and with (hopefullY) the prospect of a nice HC weekend in May in London. Add in the cost of the overpriced booze in the RDS - €5 for a pint of plain, €5.50 for a pint of lager and it soon wor

OK, rant over - what the situation in the other priovinces - have any of ye been billed already for next year's season tickets.

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Leinster looking for 2012-13 season ticket money already!!!!!! Empty Re: Leinster looking for 2012-13 season ticket money already!!!!!!

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:28 pm

Same time the last 2 years. They actually sold out last year and there is a waiting list this year. So I suppose they can dictate terms.

I think you can pay half in April and half in June though.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Leinster looking for 2012-13 season ticket money already!!!!!! Empty Re: Leinster looking for 2012-13 season ticket money already!!!!!!

Post by Notch Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:36 pm

We don;t normally get asked to pay until May, I think.

Maybe they're worried the wheels will fall off the bandwagon if ye lose the quarter at home Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue 21 Feb 2012, 3:00 pm

That right Notch the discounted price last till something like the first half of May, although it was the second half of April the year Connacht nearly finished above us.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 21 Feb 2012, 3:13 pm

Notch wrote:We don;t normally get asked to pay until May, I think.

Maybe they're worried the wheels will fall off the bandwagon if ye lose the quarter at home Wink
Perhaps worried is a bit strong. Mildly concerned perhaps Wink ..... I have great seats in the grandstand. on the 10M line right beside the guys who have to pay a good bit more. (I have always resisted the temptation to shout this at them Smile )

I would be afraid to give them up because I would never get as good again.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 21 Feb 2012, 3:21 pm

As if. Although Cardiff Blues did beat Toulon in Marseilles so you never know.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 21 Feb 2012, 3:26 pm

it is early esp with fans still thinking of the q final maybe semi and possible final in London to possibly have to save for.

Leinster must love the intrest they can generate by getting them sold early.

Not a good move for the fans, unless you have plenty of time to decide to renew

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 21 Feb 2012, 3:30 pm

I guess shifting them now will make it easier to budget for next season in contract negotiations etc, as they will know how much they have got in advance.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 21 Feb 2012, 7:55 pm

I reckon that's not too far from the truth actually, Notch. Thought that back way back when. The timing is suspect.
Thing is, the bandwagoners would be the 1st to disappear back to soccer or croquet, if things went pear-shaped in the HC.
I see they have not raised the prices for 3 years now - so that's something. And you can split the bill in 2, as said earlier.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:34 am

Just checked my email archive. I got the same mail 2 days later in the year last season.

Not sure what the fuss is about. It’s good value, you can split it into 2 payments and you’re buying something that has more demand than supply.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:36 am

Also, you’ve over a month before the first payment is due!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 24 Feb 2012, 9:54 am

I have already started paying for next seasons family season ticket at Welford Road!!

However it is in 12 monthly direct debit installments - so not too bad.

First season ticket since 2003 - really excited already.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 24 Feb 2012, 10:05 am

LondonTiger wrote:I have already started paying for next seasons family season ticket at Welford Road!!

However it is in 12 monthly direct debit installments - so not too bad.

First season ticket since 2003 - really excited already.
Go You!

You could end up in our HC group now, as you are likely to fall out of the top seeds group.

Last time we were in the same group It was us that were outside the top seeds.........And we both failed to qualify

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down