The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scrum V Disgraceful Coverage

+9
Hound_of_Harrow
GavinDragon
dogtooth
Morgannwg
Cardiff Dave
Steffan
RDW
Casartelli
Jimmy Moz
13 posters

Go down

Scrum V Disgraceful Coverage Empty Scrum V Disgraceful Coverage

Post by Jimmy Moz Fri 17 Feb 2012, 7:04 pm

Showing all footage of the Cardiff team of olden days in black and white in reference to the "region" playing back at the Arms Park

One Cardiff supporter just said "Id rather be playing at Sardis Road than Cardiff City Stadium and thats saying something as a Cardiff Blues supporter"

And they wonder why no one non-Cardiff RFC wants to support them...

Last edited by Jimmy Moz on Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Scrum V Disgraceful Coverage Empty Re: Scrum V Disgraceful Coverage

Post by Casartelli Fri 17 Feb 2012, 7:16 pm

What's the point you're making here Jimmy?

Not sure anyone thinks that going to the CCS was ever a good idea.

Not sure anyone thinks that any intelligence goes into the planning of superclub rugby.

Shame about the astronomic costs obviously - but that's pro rugby for you!

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Fri 17 Feb 2012, 7:19 pm

The anti-Sardis Road comment was not needed from that guy though. Im sure he is happy enough for Cardiff Blues to use a Valleys player...so why the big issue against Ponty

Last edited by Jimmy Moz on Fri 17 Feb 2012, 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2012, 7:19 pm

I think it's that fact that the fan said 'rather play at Sardis Road' like it's some outlandish idea. Ponty/Sardis is part of the region so the idea of playing there should be normal, not a joke.

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:59 pm

Not the same reason for disliking them as you, but every time a Scottish team plays they never get the players names right, and Jonathan Davies even called edinburgh Glasgow at one point!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 18 Feb 2012, 12:30 am

Didnt see the old black and white nostalgic footage of the old Cardiff as flicked over late but did see that bloke making the spiteful comment about Sardis Road when Pontypridd are part of his region. That guy was an clearly an idiot and its people like him we need out of Welsh rugby paying supporter or not as for every narrow-minded idiot you gain you lose about 2 openminded people. As I stated in another thread...Cardiff Blues are way too reliant on their foreign players. Ulster were pretty poor to be fair

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 18 Feb 2012, 12:56 am

Jimmy Moz wrote:

And they wonder why no one non-Cardiff RFC wants to support them...

Do they wonder?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 18 Feb 2012, 12:58 am

Steffan wrote:Didnt see the old black and white nostalgic footage of the old Cardiff as flicked over late but did see that bloke making the spiteful comment about Sardis Road when Pontypridd are part of his region. That guy was an clearly an idiot and its people like him we need out of Welsh rugby paying supporter or not as for every narrow-minded idiot you gain you lose about 2 openminded people. As I stated in another thread...Cardiff Blues are way too reliant on their foreign players. Ulster were pretty poor to be fair

Not convinced Pontypridd or their fans see it that way.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 18 Feb 2012, 1:42 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:Didnt see the old black and white nostalgic footage of the old Cardiff as flicked over late but did see that bloke making the spiteful comment about Sardis Road when Pontypridd are part of his region. That guy was an clearly an idiot and its people like him we need out of Welsh rugby paying supporter or not as for every narrow-minded idiot you gain you lose about 2 openminded people. As I stated in another thread...Cardiff Blues are way too reliant on their foreign players. Ulster were pretty poor to be fair

The ones I know certainly dont. Cant say I blame them mind. The Valleys never get any credit from the Blues. Whether it be narrow mindedness from city or valley people its 'Cardiff' that get the credit at the end of the day and thats what that arrogant idiot on the tv before the match tonight needs to remember. Everything within the region is for Cardiffs benefit and knowone elses

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 18 Feb 2012, 1:10 pm

Surely saying he would rather his team run out at Sardis Road than the CCS is a compliment to the rugby community of Pontypridd???
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sat 18 Feb 2012, 1:20 pm

i would rather anything to that bludi ccs. i didnt want to go there but i talked to some fans, a fat bloke and some scruffy guy, who said it was right to share grounds and all seater stadia are the future and the cap is run down and etc etc etc. they didnt really let me get a word in. i bet the two of them are jumping on the we-never-wanted-to-leave bandwagon.

it was one of the biggest f ups in regional rugby, and there have been a few

dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 18 Feb 2012, 7:26 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

The ones I know certainly dont. Cant say I blame them mind. The Valleys never get any credit from the Blues. Whether it be narrow mindedness from city or valley people its 'Cardiff' that get the credit at the end of the day and thats what that arrogant idiot on the tv before the match tonight needs to remember. Everything within the region is for Cardiffs benefit and knowone elses

Nor me.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 18 Feb 2012, 7:28 pm

dogtooth wrote:i would rather anything to that bludi ccs. i didnt want to go there but i talked to some fans, a fat bloke and some scruffy guy, who said it was right to share grounds and all seater stadia are the future and the cap is run down and etc etc etc. they didnt really let me get a word in. i bet the two of them are jumping on the we-never-wanted-to-leave bandwagon.

it was one of the biggest f ups in "Welsh sporting history", and there have been a few

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:26 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
dogtooth wrote:i would rather anything to that bludi ccs. i didnt want to go there but i talked to some fans, a fat bloke and some scruffy guy, who said it was right to share grounds and all seater stadia are the future and the cap is run down and etc etc etc. they didnt really let me get a word in. i bet the two of them are jumping on the we-never-wanted-to-leave bandwagon.

it was one of the biggest f ups in "Welsh sporting history", and there have been a few

thanks for fixing that for me
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:57 pm

dogtooth wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

thanks for fixing that for me

No worries.
There's truth in it though. The amount of money that has been wasted on the ill advised venture is shocking when you consider it could have been invested in players and development never mind the aggravation it has caused.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 18 Feb 2012, 9:16 pm

"That guy was an clearly an idiot and its people like him we need out of Welsh rugby"

careful steffan you sound like your kind of warming to regional rugby there...the concept...not what we have now

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 18 Feb 2012, 10:58 pm

He looked like a paying punter to me and Welsh rugby needs more of them especially those who speak their mind and he was obviously slagging off CCS not Sardis Road.
"Cardiff Blues are way too reliant on their foreign players"? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:41 pm

Jimmy Moz wrote:The anti-Sardis Road comment was not needed from that guy though. Im sure he is happy enough for Cardiff Blues to use a Valleys player...so why the big issue against Ponty

Explain and elaborate? Who pays what to who etc.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:24 am

As an outsider (but someone with an interest in all things rugby), the regional thing was never going to work, at least in its formative years, without getting the actual club fans on board.

I've always taken an interest in Welsh rugby (going back to the 70's team) because of the fierce parochialism, and the local club being part of the community. I could see all that from the games that the BBC used to show on Grandstand years ago.

My geography was pretty good so I knew that the likes of Swansea v Neath or Bridgend v Ponty were going to be tasty games.

I don't think the WRU thought deeply enough about it, or consulted with fans, as to how it would all shake out.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 20 Feb 2012, 1:43 pm

The regions are still really in their early stages. Yes they have been around for a while, but they have only really started to see the first generation of players coming through the system. And also they have only just started to see the next generation of young fans coming through too. I honestly think that as the older genration of fans start to get out numbered by the younger fans then maybe the issues that are constantly being raised on here will also start to decline.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Mon 20 Feb 2012, 1:45 pm

another moaning article by Jimmy Moz. Laugh

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Mon 20 Feb 2012, 4:21 pm

I dont want to be to negative but had the Blues decided to play all their games at Sardis they still wouldn't be selling out.

That is partly down to the fact this generation of people are not buying into the regional concept and are staying away regardless.

Keep in mind that a current Ponty Fan is probably shelling out around 130-140 quid plus probably anywhere between £2 - £2.20 for a pint and then look at the prices for Cardiff. Not a massive step up I grant you to £200-£240 but a pint will set you back £3.50 its rumoured. Not everyone is going to afford that markup and may very well choose to spend it locally than Cardiff prices.

In fairness to fans though the Rabbo League & Teams are not helping themselves either.

For one, far to many televised games for armchair fans.

Secondly, terrible fixture list. Some months you see your team 3 times while other months anywhere between 0-1. Had they made sure the home matches fell more evenly I would imagine the outgoings on Beer would be a little easier budgeted for.

Thirdly, a total screwup when forming the Regions in the first place

Scarlets & Ospreys are essentially going after the same fan base due to the limted West Wales population. Cardiff & Newport pretty much in the same boat, while a third of the population in Wales has no team to support.

The real danger though for Regional Rugby is if fans continue to stay away and they fail to build a fan base proffesional rugby in Wales may infact go under, which would be rather a shame.

If the Regions really want to up gates they probably need to drop their prices for a few seasons until the fan base is more established. Stade Francaise used to charge 3 Euro when they hired the big venues out for matches which explains why they could sell 70,000 tickets.

That said, they may lose even more revenue during this period which they may not be in favour of.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 20 Feb 2012, 5:42 pm

They couldnt show the Pontypridd highlights because all their big nights normally involved fights on the field, or riots in club houses Sad

Besides showing Cardiff is normally showing all of Pontypridds and Bridgends best players anyway! Whistle
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 21 Feb 2012, 9:07 am

Welshmushroom wrote:a pint will set you back £3.50 its rumoured.

Only if you drink that bulmers stuff! Worthy is £2.50 and a carling is £2.80, which is reasonable imo.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:56 pm

gcBlues wrote:
Welshmushroom wrote:a pint will set you back £3.50 its rumoured.

Only if you drink that bulmers stuff! Worthy is £2.50 and a carling is £2.80, which is reasonable imo.

I think Welshmushroom must be referring to the extortionate prices at CCS.
Cardiff City fans have complained about them too including the quality of what's on offer. I stopped buying their stuff over 18 months ago as it was so bad and over priced.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:19 pm

ah fair does, that's about right then. Yeah the stuff they serve is just mass poured and left to sit there for god knows how long.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down