The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestlemania 28 Card & Predictions Thread...

+6
TwisT
DDT
liverbnz
VDT
Shot 21 LCFC
Mr H
10 posters

Go down

Wrestlemania 28 Card & Predictions Thread... Empty Wrestlemania 28 Card & Predictions Thread...

Post by Mr H Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:56 pm

I came across this on the Bleacher Report site.....

The Money in the Bank Ladder Match

After being conspicuous in its absence last year, the Money In The Bank match will return to its birthplace, WrestleMania.

It has always done the job of setting the tone for the show, and this year, I see it doing just the same.

The eight participants would be Wade Barrett, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Zack Ryder, Kane, Ted Dibiase and Drew McIntyre

I think Dolph Ziggler will get the win over here, as he's had a remarkable past year and he deserves the briefcase. Wade Barrett, though, has a decent chance too.

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Goldust (Intercontinental Title vs. Career Match)

This match has been asked for by Dustin "Goldust" Rhodes himself, and it seems that it will happen.

The seeds for this match were already planted a few weeks ago on SmackDown, when Dustin got involved in Cody's feud with Booker T. It ended with Cody giving a Beautiful Disaster kick to his half-brother.

This match is easiest to predict. Cody Rhodes gets the win, building further momentum and ending Goldust's career.

Winner (and still champion): Cody Rhodes

The Miz vs. R-Truth

These two superstars' rivalry began immediately after Survivor Series, when The Miz turned on his tag team partner, Truth. Since then, they have been back and forth, but there hasn't been any momentum in this feud.

This rivalry has potential, as both of these superstars are top notch on the mic and quite decent wrestlers.

Both of them will take part in the Raw Elimination Chamber match, and one of them, preferably The Miz, needs to eliminate R-Truth. This can lead to a stipulation match at WrestleMania.

The Miz needs to pick up the victory and build momentum considering how fast he has fallen from the top of the card. Besides, R-Truth is already 40 years old and near the twilight of his career, so giving him the win wouldn't make sense.

Winner: The Miz

Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal

When it's WrestleMania, celebrity involvement is an absolute must. There have been some celebrities like Iron' Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather making an impact on the past years' matches.

Considering that Shaq's a fan of the business, and has been following WWE for ages, there's a chance that this might actually be a fun match to watch.

Big Show should get the win in a dirty fashion, thus turning heel. He can have a long last run as monster heel before he calls it a day.

Winner: Big Show

Beth Pheonix (c) vs. Natalya vs. Kharma for the Divas Championship

Kharma returned at the Royal Rumble, much to the delight of all fans.

Beth Phoenix is Divas Champion.

Natalya is one of the best woman wrestlers on the rosters.

Pretty easy match to book, and if given a decent amount of time, they could put on one of the best Divas matches in the past year.

Kharma wins this one and has a lengthy reign as champion.

Winner (and new champion): Kharma

Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship

This will be the first of the four main events of the evening.

Daniel Bryan will somehow manage to hold on to his title at Elimination Chamber, and Royal Rumble Winner Sheamus will choose the World Heavyweight Champion as his target for the title.

The WWE might just add Randy Orton to the mix, as this match lacks a bit of star power. Also, Orton has no direction now, as his already long feud with Wade Barrett just ended.

I expect the three of them to go at it for around 15 minutes, with Sheamus getting the win after pinning Bryan and starting his first World Heavyweight Championship reign.

Winner (and new champion): Sheamus

CM Punk (c) vs. Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship

The Best Wrestler In The World versus The Best In The World At What He Does.

This match will steal the show. Expect both these superstars to bring their A-game on April 1st and put on a five-star match.

The rivalry that we have all been waiting for since Jericho returned has just kicked off. We're in for a treat all the way till WrestleMania. Both men have stellar promo skills, oodles of charisma and top-notch wrestling skills.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is the match that I am looking forward to the most at this year's WrestleMania.

Chris Jericho gets the victory and the championship here, hopefully continuing the feud all the way till SummerSlam, where Punk can regain the belt.

Winner (and new champion): Chris Jericho

The Undertaker vs. Triple H with Shawn Michaels as Special Guest Referee

The Undertaker will defend his WrestleMania streak, in what should be his last match, against Triple H in a rematch from last year. But this time around, Shawn Michaels will be the special guest referee to spice things up.

Michaels has already been announced to appear on a few episodes of Raw, so the chances of him getting involved are extremely high. Either way, it's always good to see Shawn. Besides, it'll become a bit bland if we see the same kind of match for the third time now. (Yes, WWE, they did wrestle at WrestleMania 17.)

Predicting this match is easy as well. The streak can't be broken. Simple as that. And surely not by a semi-retired veteran.

Towards the end, Michaels will turn on HHH, saying that if he couldn't do it, nobody can. The Sweet Chin Music will hit The Game and The Phenom will make it 20-0, riding into the sunset.

Winner(the streak continues): The Undertaker

The Rock vs. John Cena

This is it: the main event. The biggest match of all time. The reason why WrestleMania 28 is expected to have the largest pay-per-view buy rate ever.

This match was made just the night after last year's WrestleMania. Since then, Cena and Rock have taken potshots at each other only through social media, with Survivor Series being the rare exception where they finally had any physical contact.

Hopefully, with Rocky being heavily advertised to appear for the lead-up to WrestleMania, finally this feud can kick start in the real sense.

I think Cena will win this match, (stop jeering at me, Rocky marks) whether we like it or not.

Giving Rocky the win will not achieve anything. He has retired, whatever he may say. He's not going to come back except for the one-off appearances here and there.

The WWE creative team will book Cena to win clean and remain the goody-two shows he is in the hope that he can gain some respect from his detractors. But, in my opinion, the effect will just be the reverse, and that would just be plain stupid. Also, there would be riots in Miami that night.

That leaves only one possibility remaining, the thing we have all been waiting for for eternity: Turn him heel.

Let him beat Rocky clean, and when they shake hands after the match, Adjust his Attitude. Come out next night on Raw and say that he has had enough with the Cenation and that even beating The Rock wasn't good enough for them. Then he can have a heel run for around a year.

And the IWC can breathe a sigh of relief.

Winner: John Cena

To be fair, i think its a pretty good card. Its a Wrestlemania card. The only problem i have is Chris Jericho winning the title, and the match order. The WWE Title match should be higher up the card, i'd have it swap places with the streak match personally.

No Jack Swagger on the card either. I'd have him take McIntyre or DiBiase's place in the MITB match.

Its been common knowledge that the WWE wants to set the Guiness World Record for the number of masks in one building. Im not too sure on their injury status but surely Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara would be the match they'd want to go for to break this record.

I also very much agree that Punk v Jericho will steal the show. I know the match isnt everyones pick but i'll go on record now to predict it will be a Dave Meltzer 5 Star match.

Anyway, what would your Wrestlemania card look like? Try to keep it logical although there is still time for a swerve.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania 28 Card & Predictions Thread... Empty Re: Wrestlemania 28 Card & Predictions Thread...

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:15 pm

I pretty much agree except Natalya wont be in the Divas match, that will be one on one between Beth Phoenix and Kharma.

Also I think Big Show is going to have a big Wrestlemania win this year so doubt it will be against Shaq.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania 28 Card & Predictions Thread... Empty Re: Wrestlemania 28 Card & Predictions Thread...

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Rather than have the MITB match, would of liked to see the WWE build up a couple of tag teams and have a triple threat ladder or TLC match. I know it's never going to be on a par with the classics from 2000 and 2001. But would be a way to have the tag titles appear relevant on the biggest card of the year. Maybe Air Boom vs Usos vs Colon 2.0 (or whatever that team is called).

Think for the Miz vs R-Truth match, a better build up would be for R-Truth to eliminate Miz with something like a schoolboy roll up then for Miz to hit the Skull Crushing Finale on R-Truth causing him to be eliminated from the chamber.

Can't see Big Show going over Shaq clean either, so will either predict the Shaq win or for Shaq to lose by DQ due to outside interference from another celeb. Think Big Show will need to be heel going into this match rather than turning at it. Maybe have Shaq in the crowd on Smackdown laughing at Big Show losing to someone like Santino or D-Bryan following the chamber.

Not sure I see the logic in Taker getting the win due to HBK superkicking HHH. Think a better outcome would be for a dubious quick count (not so quick as it being obvious but something for HHH to have a complaint about). Then HHH can take on Undertaker at Summerslam possibly retiring him there.

Think with The Rock and Cena match the majority of people are looking more forward to how it will end rather than the entire match itself. Would like to see a Cena heel turn, but if the "Dusty Finish" doesn't occur in the Taker/HHH match can see it occurring here with the loser at WM going over the winner at Summerslam.

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:04 pm

You missed Brock vs Goldberg II ha!

I've got a feeling Barrett is gonna win the Elimination Chamber, so Sheamus v Barrett or Four Corners Elimination Match (not seen one of them in a while) Barrett (C) v Byran v Orton v Sheamus

Beth v Kharma would actually be a "divas" match worth watching but they're prob end up doing a 10 divas tag or a royal royal

Last edited by VDT on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:06 pm

I'd be surprised if the ending to the streak match is anything other than clean - but then it is company man super H, so his ego will need to be massaged somehow.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:16 am

I hate wrestling when things become predictable. I agree pretty much with your match predictions, they do look the most likely. But I just hope wwe switch things around with the world title matches. I'd like to see Barrett get the belt, as he would be brilliant on the mic with the world title to boast about.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:21 am

I disagree that there will be a Miz v Truth match. I think Bryan will retain at Mania, and I can't see Show going over O'Neal if that happens.

The one match that stands out, after the last two Raws, is Undertaker v HHH. Although the match itself looks odds on, the storyline behind it, who will take part and also who will win is undecided in my mind. This is from someone who always felt the Streak would not be broken.

Cena v Rock/heel turn, keeps cropping up. Only thing I will add is that if they do turn him heel, they will do it at Mania and not on the next Raw.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:26 am

Show is from Florida though, so he will be the crowd favourite, so I wouldnt be suprised to see him go over O'Neal. It's also likely to be Show's last mania so they will probably give him the win. Im sure O'Neal isn't going to be to worried about lying down for Show.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:30 am

Predictable is fine if it is done right i.e. the story itself is captivating enough to keep the interest going. Prime example - Batista's turn on HHH and winning the title @ mania 21(?). It was almost a dead cert Batista would be winning, but fans couldn't wait to see him get his hands on HHH. The thumbs down moment on RAW (I think it may have been the contract signing) was pretty epic I think.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:42 am

liverbnz wrote:Predictable is fine if it is done right i.e. the story itself is captivating enough to keep the interest going. Prime example - Batista's turn on HHH and winning the title @ mania 21(?). It was almost a dead cert Batista would be winning, but fans couldn't wait to see him get his hands on HHH. The thumbs down moment on RAW (I think it may have been the contract signing) was pretty epic I think.

That was a good story line, though it was predictable, that he would turn on HHH and Flair, as they had been planting the seeds long before even the rumble. That Wrestlemania was very average overall, as the Cena JBL match was pretty predictable aswell.

It did have one amazing match though, the Angle/HBK match was one of the best ive ever seen, though you knew it would be a classic, even beforehand.

Last edited by DDT on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:43 am

Think it would be more likely to be Show and Shaq teaming up - maybe against Khali and Henry...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:53 am

JoshSansom wrote:Think it would be more likely to be Show and Shaq teaming up - maybe against Khali and Henry...

that would be awful tomato
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:04 am

VDT wrote:
JoshSansom wrote:Think it would be more likely to be Show and Shaq teaming up - maybe against Khali and Henry...

that would be awful tomato

Yes, but imagine the excitement Vince would have about that many big fat guys in the ring at one time...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:29 am

The WWE are more than capable of throwing an unpredictable result out there at Wrestlemania.

Who would have predicted Orton retaining the title against Cena and HHH at Wrestlemania 24? Or Chris Jericho cleanly beating Edge to retain his title at Wrestlemania 26? I wouldnt have predicted either of them.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:34 am

Look I know Cena winning against the Rock at Mania is the best for the company, but I've been waiting for the Rock to comeback since he left in 03. We finally get him back in the ring in the main event, in his hometown on the grandest stage of them all, against a guy who has been the face of the company for how log, has a limited set of moves and just annoys the hell out of me, why would anyone want to see Cena win, in Rcok's hometown. I'd rather Rock win, Cena to shake hands with him, then deliver an AA and then apply the STFU until the Rock passes out. That way, Rock get's his moment celebrating, milking the fans, then we get the heel turn. Rematch at Summerslam, Cena wins by cheating, Rock leaves again and then we have Punk vs Cena for 2012.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:48 am

I've got a feeling HHH/Taker could actually bomb BADLY. Assuming its booked, Punk/Jericho will steal the show in my opinion, the crowd will be all over it. HHH/Taker is likely to follow it and the crowd will still be thinking about how good the previous match was, and also getting ready for Cena/Rock. I think HHH and Taker will have a huge job to keep the crowd.

Cena/Rock will be electric. I actually think they'll have a decent match. Not technically sound but full of high drama and near falls. I can already see The Rock running the ropes ready to hit the Peoples Elbow only for Cena to pop up and nail the AA, which Rock will kick out of. You just know that scenario is going to happen.

I think The Rock will win the match, and Cena will then Embrace The Hate.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:59 am

I agree mr.h, Punk/Jericho has the making of a great match, don't see why people are knocking it. Both are good technical wreslters, great on the mic and can really whip up the crowd into a frenzy in their match. That's the match i'm looking forward to most.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:14 am

As things stand, the card for Wrestlemani XXVIII looks like this:

Jefferson Impact's Debut

That should cover 4 hours OK

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:19 am

How many great matches has Punk had at Mania? errr

How many great matches has Jericho had at Mania? 1 against HBK

Not realy sure why so many think it will be a classic. I reckon it will be a good match, but not sure it will steal the show, as everyone thinks.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:27 am

Let me ask you this DDT - how many great matches have Punk and Jericho had the opportunity to have at Wrestlemania? Punk's always been involved midcard, as has Jericho mainly. With the WWE Title on the line, and the whole Best in the World thing, i think they'll really go to town on this match and give them 20mins+ to showcase their talents.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:35 am

I don't think they will give them 20+ minutes, if you look at Mania history they generally only give 1 match 20+ minutes, and recently it's been Undertaker's streak match.

So they have Taker/HHH and Rock/Cena which are likely to long matches, so I just don't see them giving Punk/Jericho much more than 15.

Jericho has been a midcarder mainly through his career because he is a midcarder, and he's only likely to be in the main event this year because of the lack of top class talent around.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:13 am

I just want Cena to win clean with an AA and for them to end in a handshake and a hug and for nice sparkly fireworks to cement the mutual respect shown

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down