The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

manu tuilagi

+8
RubyGuby
killer938
Chunky Norwich
Geordie
Biltong
thomh
eirebilly
adambarney
12 posters

Go down

manu tuilagi  Empty manu tuilagi

Post by adambarney Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:36 am

with george north playing well and being dubbed new jonah lomu,i thing manu tuilagi could be new nonu he only20 and 17st 6"1 he is quick good hands very powefull and scores tries. these 2 are future superstars of world game imagine the lions with these 2 in the backline.

adambarney

Back to top Go down

manu tuilagi  Empty Re: manu tuilagi

Post by eirebilly Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Its certainly a prospect to look forward too. Two very talented players thats for sure.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:45 pm

With Philips, Roberts, Tuilagi and North available the Lions could end up fielding an absolutely massive backline. Good thing is they're all very agile and pacy as well, rather than just big lumps. With guys like Sexton/Priestland/Kearney/Foden/Bowe around it could be very exciting.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:51 pm

you see the problem with dubbing one player as the new "who's who in the zoo" is totally inaccurate and unfair to both the former star and the rising star.

Saying that North is the new Lomu implies that north will also turn like an Oshkosh truck when you kick behind him, and be vulnerable at the back.

North and Lomu has only one similarity in my opinion, they were both strong runners.

Apart from that they have few similarities. In my view Lomu was a stronger ball carrier as he could run through a whole host of defenders, lose momentum and yet keep going.

North can't do that, a half decent tackle can slow his momentum enough for someone else to bring him down.

North has better all round skills than Lomu.

So they are not the same type of player.

This is obviously in my view, but hey what do I know.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by adambarney Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:46 pm

the reason why lomu ran through players they were small compare to players now backline players then were 13-14st max now 15-17st big diffrence, he would not run through roberts north banahan tuilagi.

adambarney

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:55 pm

roberts north banahan tuilagi.

By eck you've put Banahan in good company there!!! Shocked

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:57 pm

I don't rate Tuilagi. He's a loose cannon, has no brain and is an idiot off the pitch.

Not the sort I'd want in my team.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by killer938 Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:I don't rate Tuilagi. He's a loose cannon, has no brain and is an idiot off the pitch.

Ok well if you don't want him then I have him in my team and you can go up against him.

Don't rate him? Well ok, I can understand that............from someone who has never seen him play

As for the rest, you have one piece of evidence for them, the 2nd one of which is based on an event that happened after England were out of the World Cup (unlike the other stuff that went on). People have done a lot worse things in life than jump off a boat, for Christ's sake, an NFL player shot himself in the leg with a gun he had taken into a club. That is having no brain and being an idiot.

killer938

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:10 pm

I'm afraid John Davies is the new Nonu - Tuilagi 6ft 1 ins, you serious? thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Hes a good player who deserves to play for a better England side than the last one he was involved with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:I don't rate Tuilagi. He's a loose cannon, has no brain and is an idiot off the pitch.

Not the sort I'd want in my team
I guess not. It's spear/tip tacklers that get in the Welsh squad these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:13 pm

killer938 wrote:

Ok well if you don't want him then I have him in my team and you can go up against him.

Don't rate him? Well ok, I can understand that............from someone who has never seen him play

As for the rest, you have one piece of evidence for them, the 2nd one of which is based on an event that happened after England were out of the World Cup (unlike the other stuff that went on). People have done a lot worse things in life than jump off a boat, for Christ's sake, an NFL player shot himself in the leg with a gun he had taken into a club. That is having no brain and being an idiot.

I'm sure he'll be in the England team for years to come.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:14 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:

Exactly. We don't want players who assault fellow inernational squad members

#DullAsDishwater

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by killer938 Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:

Exactly. We don't want players who assault fellow inernational squad members

#DullAsDishwater

Ugh, really? One incident where he was provoked by someone who has proven time and again that seems to be one of his main aims in playing the game. You think its a coincidence that Manu has been involved in trouble once whereas Ashton continuously seems to be at the centre of trouble?

killer938

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:21 pm

killer938 wrote:
. You think its a coincidence that Manu has been involved in trouble once

Once?

The guy is a thug on the pitch and an idiot off it. Continuous cheap shots (its the PI way I supose) and a lack of self awareness.

Too thick too change his gumshield. Laughs his fine off. Jumps off a ferry. Gets another fine. Punches a probable England team mate.

Keep him away from the Lions. Pleeeease.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Blimey, Chunky is pretty angry about this.

Deep breath old chap. You really do hate him don't you?

Back to top Go down

Post by killer938 Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
killer938 wrote:
. You think its a coincidence that Manu has been involved in trouble once

Once?

The guy is a thug on the pitch and an idiot off it. Continuous cheap shots (its the PI way I supose) and a lack of self awareness.

Too thick too change his gumshield. Laughs his fine off. Jumps off a ferry. Gets another fine. Punches a probable England team mate.

Keep him away from the Lions. Pleeeease.

Really? Ok, I would like you to please show me these incidents. He has been in trouble once for something done on the pitch. That incident.

As far as the Ferry goes, I agree, very stupid, I mean of course you never did anything stupid after a few beers with your mates when you 19 years old and abroad. You come from the country where all you do is drive golf buggy around on a motorway when drunk.

killer938

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:31 pm

RubyGuby wrote:I'm afraid John Davies is the new Nonu - Tuilagi 6ft 1 ins, you serious? thumbsup

Taller than Nonu you mean?

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:35 pm

killer938 wrote:

Really? Ok, I would like you to please show me these incidents. He has been in trouble once for something done on the pitch. That incident.

I never siad he'd been in trouble more than once. Did I?

Do you not watch him play? He throws his forearms around like he's a UFC fighter. I think it was England v Wales last August where he bombarded a player out of touch. Late. It was reckless and could have been costly had the officials seen it and acted.

It's only a matter of time before he's suspended again. Loose cannon.

As far as the Ferry goes, I agree, very stupid, I mean of course you never did anything stupid after a few beers with your mates when you 19 years old and abroad. You come from the country where all you do is drive golf buggy around on a motorway when drunk.

Doesn't even deserve a response. Really quite pathetic.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by killer938 Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Ok, well I expect you to be screaming at the tv in despair and anger when he scores a try for the Lions..........right?

killer938

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:42 pm

killer938 wrote:Ok, well I expect you to be screaming at the tv in despair and anger when he scores a try for the Lions..........right?

He won't start a Lions test. Hasn't got the mindset.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by killer938 Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
killer938 wrote:Ok, well I expect you to be screaming at the tv in despair and anger when he scores a try for the Lions..........right?

He won't start a Lions test. Hasn't got the mindset.

Firstly where did I say he will start? I said he when he is scoring.

Secondly, not got the mindset? Well I think you will find a couple of people out there who will disagree with you but there we go. I mean he has really struggled for England, only 4 tries in 7 games, definitely not handled himself when playing for England at all.

killer938

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Hed be the perfect player to play against Australia. There's no way they would be able to cope with his physicality.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:54 pm

killer938 wrote:

I realise that. I don't think he'll get on the field unless there are a whole host of injuries. In which case the Lions are buggerred and I won't be cheering as we'll be getting slaughtered.

Secondly, not got the mindset? Well I think you will find a couple of people out there who will disagree with you but there we go. I mean he has really struggled for England, only 4 tries in 7 games, definitely not handled himself when playing for England at all.

This is the Lions not the Lancaster select XV. It's all about Unity and mental toughness. He needs to change his entire attitude to the game if he wants to be on a Lions Tour.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by killer938 Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:03 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
killer938 wrote:

I realise that. I don't think he'll get on the field unless there are a whole host of injuries. In which case the Lions are buggerred and I won't be cheering as we'll be getting slaughtered.

This is the Lions not the Lancaster select XV. It's all about Unity and mental toughness. He needs to change his entire attitude to the game if he wants to be on a Lions Tour.

Ummm, he hasn't played under Lancaster yet.

A whole host of injuries? He has 1 OC who is competing with him (at this moment in time)

killer938

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:03 pm

Why are you guys bothering? Don't feed the Troll

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:04 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:

Guys have had off the pitch incidents before and done brilliantly for the Lions. The idea that Tuilagi's attitude to the game needs to be completely changed is based on no evidence. One punch up and then wearing the wrong gumshield is not enough.

The incident against Wales wasn't a late tackle IIRC, but you're right it was high. Loads of high tackles happen in every game, and that one was a long way from being one of the worst.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:05 pm

On the Lions, I loved the 2009 tour but the potential of the team this time is awesome, particularly from 6-15.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by killer938 Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:08 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:Why are you guys bothering? Don't feed the Troll

I have no idea, haha, just when you start defending someone it is difficult to stop.

killer938

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:08 pm

I absolutely adore the folks on this forum that call you a "troll" if you offer an alternative point of view.

It warms my heart.

Killer938 - yes I realise he hasn't played under Lancaster but he's likely to. My point is the Lions are different and if he wants to step up, IMO he needs to change his attitude.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by killer938 Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:I absolutely adore the folks on this forum that call you a "troll" if you offer an alternative point of view.

It warms my heart.

Killer938 - yes I realise he hasn't played under Lancaster but he's likely to. My point is the Lions are different and if he wants to step up, IMO he needs to change his attitude.

Ok, well that is your opinion and I obviously don't agree with you. Going to leave it there now as neither of us is going to change their mind. Just to add that if he doesn't play when fit under Lancaster then there will be a lot of unhappy England fans.

killer938

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Well then if he comes in against Wales and does well among a bunch of international rookies, then that would seem to show that he has exactly the sort of attitude needed to fit quickly into a new international side. Perfect for the Lions.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:20 pm

thomh wrote:Well then if he comes in against Wales and does well among a bunch of international rookies, then that would seem to show that he has exactly the sort of attitude needed to fit quickly into a new international side. Perfect for the Lions.

Yeah chuck him in on the back of an 80 minute performance.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:22 pm

I do also think Tuilagi can be a bit indisaplined, and if the Lions tour was tomorow he could be a worry.
But I suspect he'll do a lot of growing up before then, and with leaders like POC in the team he'll stay in line.

But all these Lions articles bore me. look how many players were selected but couldn't go or were injured before the first test. The Best XV we could think of are very unliky all to be on form and injury free when the first test comes round. We just have to wait and see who plays well in the warm up games, settles into a new team quickly, and stays injury free.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:

It's only a matter of time before he's suspended again. Loose cannon.

Yeah, he might be, especially with Ashton in the team. It's really lucky Wales don't have any of those in their squad... Rolling Eyes
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:50 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
thomh wrote:Well then if he comes in against Wales and does well among a bunch of international rookies, then that would seem to show that he has exactly the sort of attitude needed to fit quickly into a new international side. Perfect for the Lions.

Yeah chuck him in on the back of an 80 minute performance.

I wasn't seriously suggesting that if he plays well in that one game then he should be nailed on for the Lions, with another 15 or so test matches before then.

I was just illustrating that, if you're claim is that the Lions is a different prospect to normal internationals because it requires the extra ability to create squad unity in such a short space of time, then whether he can fit quickly into Lancaster's largely scratch team and perform well is actually the best test of that.

His supposedly bad attitude didn't stop him being England's stand-out back at the World Cup, so if you're right that the difference between England and the Lions is generating that unity of purpose in such a short space of time, then the way he plays in our last three Six Nations games would be the best indicator of whether he has what it takes to step up, rather than whatever mistakes he's made in the past.

I don't actually subscribe to that, but's it's necessarily consistent with what you seem to be arguing for.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down