The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IPL - END OF SEASON 1

5 posters

Go down

IPL - END OF SEASON 1 Empty IPL - END OF SEASON 1

Post by Gregers Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:16 pm

Firstly thank you to everyone who took part in this, I have loved running it and thoroughly intend to run an EPL this summer (Or we can start sooner if people would prefer). Congratulations to Fists for winning the inaugural 606v2 Fantasy League, but also congratulations to everyone for making this such a joy to run.

Please give any feedback you wish here, such as how to improve this sort of thing even further.

Cheers once again guys,

Gregers

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

IPL - END OF SEASON 1 Empty Re: IPL - END OF SEASON 1

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:48 pm

top stuff gregers thanks for running this mate Smile

well done fists on winning it Smile

i would love to be part of the EPL Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:42 pm

I think for the next one, we should try and incorporate injuries into the mix, just to intensify the tactical side of the game.

We have a decent structure in place but reckon as well we should form a contingency for if people don't vote, a couple of days overdue is fine but there's been some cases where we've waited excessive amounts of time for votes but should obviously cut some slack for extenuatiing circumstances should they crop up.

Other than that, cracking first season, been some great match ups, some even better debate and fingers crossed this is the first of many to come!!

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:45 pm

Thanks for running this gregers and well done to fists. I agree with sainty, injuries would be a good addition but I'd select them completely randomly...so one team could have an injury crisis and another could have fully fit squad and not just do one injury per team

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:48 pm

i do think that injuries would be a good idea..

maybe 2 or 3 for each side for each fixture....

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 07 Feb 2012, 4:25 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:i do think that injuries would be a good idea..

maybe 2 or 3 for each side for each fixture....

I hope you mean 2 or 3 for each squad for each fixture.

Given a list of all the players involved I could build a spreadsheet* that each round randomly assigned injuries to some players (note, that might mean that some squads had no injuries while others had 6), and a length of time for them to be "out" (say a player could be injured for between 1 and 4 matches maybe). And possibly there could be a reserve pool of un-purchased lesser players who could be called up in the event of long term injuries.

* I'd set it up so you put in a random "seed" number at the top which then cascaded though so it'd be replicable
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Feb 2012, 4:26 pm

to be honest i think the players should only be out for one match a time, they can be injured again in the competition, but not more than one week in a row.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 07 Feb 2012, 4:31 pm

I like that idea Kiwi, but think that players should only be injured for one match at a time

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Feb 2012, 4:35 pm

Gregers wrote:I like that idea Kiwi, but think that players should only be injured for one match at a time

OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 07 Feb 2012, 5:30 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:
Gregers wrote:I like that idea Kiwi, but think that players should only be injured for one match at a time

OK

Fair enough, and as a manager I'd hate to lose someone for 4 rounds.

I was thinking of it in terms of replicating real life; and also with my geek's hat on, the extra complexity in the spreadsheet would be fun to create Smile. Then again, I had my PDR at work last week and did get a mild telling off for over-engineering solutions on occasion. Whistle

But I do think that simply having one spreadsheet with all players in it, and having a small (1 chance in 20?) probability of a player missing a week will work OK. And keeping un-bought players in a pot for anyone who's really unlucky with injuries in a given week would be fairer - just have a rule that the draftee must be worth less than the player they're replacing, must be the same type of player, and you return them to the pot afterwards.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Feb 2012, 5:35 pm

good idea kiwi Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 09 Feb 2012, 7:28 am

Its been great Gregers.Now looking forward to the EPL.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 09 Feb 2012, 10:23 am

thanks for running this gregers mate, sorry for not being around much recently, have been a bit busy with work so cut down on my v2 time a little.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down