The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why as their been no complaints about the Referee?

+18
eirebilly
gowales
Gatts
BigTrevsbigmac
Biltong
thebluesmancometh
slartibartfast
RubyGuby
WelshinEdinburgh
Rory_Gallagher
ME-109
The Great Aukster
21st Century Schizoid Man
TJ1
tatterd
senghenydd1913
Notch
majesticimperialman
22 posters

Go down

Why as their been no complaints about the Referee? Empty Why as their been no complaints about the Referee?

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:34 pm

It as just accured to me that i have not heard a singkl complain about any Referee. at all this week end.

In any game that is.

Is this now a new thing?

Do not blame the Ref?

Does nobody have any complaints about how their game was Reffed?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Why as their been no complaints about the Referee? Empty Re: Why as their been no complaints about the Referee?

Post by Notch Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:36 pm

I have a wee complaint; i thought a few of the Welsh throws were borderline crooked. It doesn't make any difference to anything but now somehow I feel better Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Why as their been no complaints about the Referee? Empty Re: Why as their been no complaints about the Referee?

Post by senghenydd1913 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:38 pm

I thought Barnes's grecian 2000 looked abit naff
senghenydd1913
senghenydd1913

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:40 pm

I thought that their might have been a few complaints from the Irish about Wayne Barnes sending off of Ferris......To be honest.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:44 pm

No, but I've got plenty of compaints about your spelling. Insult removed - KRD

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:59 pm

Teh ref in the Scotland game did Scotland do favours - but he made no glaring mistakes just how he reffed the breakdown went agaisnt the Scottish style and didn't come back for the advantage after laidlaws chip and chase

I thought all three refs were good with no glaring errors

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 05 Feb 2012, 9:27 pm

Clancy is a total git ! furious

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sun 05 Feb 2012, 9:43 pm

Why have there been no complaints? Surely the answer is obvious - Wales won!

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Feb 2012, 9:45 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:Why have there been no complaints? Surely the answer is obvious - Wales won!
I was thinking of posting that censored

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 9:46 pm

The only complaint I would have was he spoke with an english accent and when he was going to the TMO had that smug little grin on his face...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 05 Feb 2012, 9:48 pm

I thought the referee today was absolutely abysmal. There, I said it. I think people are afraid to criticise the referee these days incase they seem to be using that as an excuse. Though there is a difference between blaming the ref and just admitting he was completely rubbish. Today was an example of a rubbish ref.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshinEdinburgh Sun 05 Feb 2012, 9:58 pm

The more i watch the more it is down to perception, i thought Barnes was poor to wales at times today, the flopping over the ball by irish forwards was silly (if i watched the game again im sure the welsh were as bad), but as a welsh supporter i only saw the irish potentail infringements

WelshinEdinburgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:01 pm

I thought he was generally poor for both sides, specifically at the breakdown.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:02 pm

I agree with Rory, how did he miss that deliberate knock on by Ireland in the first half when Wales had a 3 man overlap - He didn't even give us a penalty thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:04 pm

Or Hook's deliberate knock on. See, bad reffing for both sides.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:06 pm

I must have missed that one, are you sure? thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:12 pm

Yep.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:16 pm

Did he also miss the yellow card for Phillips barging Bowe into the advertising hoardings?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:18 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:Did he also miss the yellow card for Phillips barging Bowe into the advertising hoardings?

I think he also spilled Murray's cup of tea just before the game, should've been a penalty but no card - If only us welsh lads were all angels like the men in green eh! thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:19 pm

And by the way it was North not Phiillips on Bowe and if you look at the game he actually apologises to Tommy right after thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:29 pm

The way the ref allowed the famous Irish back row to put their heads over the ball at every ruck?

The Bradley yellow/red?

The non yellow?

...fortunately the players raised above the dirge served up by the other four teams that ref didn't really make a difference.

Was it a perfect ref performance? No

Was it unobtrusive and allowed the game to flow? Yes

slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:40 pm

Barnes was an Idiot he let Ireland lie all over the ball for every Welsh ruck and DOC spent most of the game offside.

Also look around a bit and you will see plenty of Irish fans whining about the ref.

Charlie Hodgson was offside for his charge down try aswell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:01 pm

Wales lay over the ruck just as much as Ireland did, I can tell you that much.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:34 am

We did rory, but we tend not to try to roll our heads and shoulders under the ball, it is very effective but should be picked up more, if it was Mccaws career would've been blighted by yellow cards!!!

The only greivance from this weekend I can have, is the dissallowing of what to me was a certain scottish try, hand is touching top of ball, ball is in contact with ground = TRY, this was bad enough but to not come back for the advantage... poor Scotland, but the performance deserved no better in reality!

Barnes was poor, but to his credit at least he's consistently poor, and you can play him quite well, he also looks to let the game flow despite certain players being afraid of him, I did chuckle at 1 breakdown when OBrien I think it was realised there were no Welshman at the ruck except Phillips with his hands on the ball, Obrien steps over and is about to nail Phillips when Barnes calls don't touch the scrun half and he throws his hands in the air and retreats from the ball!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:47 am

The only greivance from this weekend I can have, is the dissallowing of what to me was a certain scottish try, hand is touching top of ball, ball is in contact with ground = TRY, this was bad enough but to not come back for the advantage... poor Scotland, but the performance deserved no better in reality!

If you look carefully you will see that is hand actualy goes (OVER) the ball and therfore he misses it. It was a very close call though i must admit.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:06 am

We aren't allowed to criticise referees anymore, even if it wasn't your team playing.

The new rule for 2012 is the referee is always right. Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:17 am

Barnes missed the Bradley Davies 'spear' & Pearson got it wrong.

As Gats admitted 'it was a red' & proved a critical mistake for the Irish.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:21 am

I wonder if the ballboy missed it?

Oh dear Ireland, cheated twice.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:31 am

Gatts wrote:I wonder if the ballboy missed it?

Oh dear Ireland, cheated twice.

Quite - I would be gutted if I was Irish

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:38 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:We did rory, but we tend not to try to roll our heads and shoulders under the ball, it is very effective but should be picked up more, if it was Mccaws career would've been blighted by yellow cards!!!

Barnes was poor, but to his credit at least he's consistently poor, and you can play him quite well, he also looks to let the game flow despite certain players being afraid of him, I did chuckle at 1 breakdown when OBrien I think it was realised there were no Welshman at the ruck except Phillips with his hands on the ball, Obrien steps over and is about to nail Phillips when Barnes calls don't touch the scrun half and he throws his hands in the air and retreats from the ball!

I think that was Donnacha Ryan but yea i found it funny too!

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:46 am

gowales

For the first time I found myself thanking Barnes, I was fully expecting a smash on Phillips, turnover and... well who knows!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:53 am

I have no real complaints. Nigel Owens was great on Staurday. Clancy and Barnes were Clancy and Barnes... poor games but its expected from them.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 06 Feb 2012, 8:28 am

majesticimperialman wrote:The only greivance from this weekend I can have, is the dissallowing of what to me was a certain scottish try, hand is touching top of ball, ball is in contact with ground = TRY, this was bad enough but to not come back for the advantage... poor Scotland, but the performance deserved no better in reality!

If you look carefully you will see that is hand actualy goes (OVER) the ball and therfore he misses it. It was a very close call though i must admit.

The reality is you cant tell if he got a hand to it or not whilst it was in contact with the ground.

Had their been no replay the ref never would have given it, replay inconlusive, no try.
Same as the first Welsh one.

Main complaint I have is the homophobisa of Wayne BArnes telling Adam Jones " You have to be straight". What he gets up to with Nigel Owens is surely his own business?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 06 Feb 2012, 8:52 am

Peter seabiscuit wheeler I agree.

I thought Barnes let the game flow better than Clancy. He actually played advantage!

In comparison Clancy blew up every time the ball was knocked on - this made the game stop and start.

Barnes has had history of giving yellows when he should give reds: e.g. he didn't give M.Tuilagi a red when he punched Ashton.

On another point I dislike that hideous Sonia - the bbc interviewer. She basically hammered everyone she could with scathing questions.

Also it was a real shame the pundits were talking about the Bradley Davies yellow which was largely irrelevant as he was only on for an additional 5 mins. Also the Ferris yellow was a penalty. Shame they talked about the controversy and not the cracking game!

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:39 pm

peeter seabiscuit wheeler

What are you talking about, there is clear evidence that the hand was in contact with the ball while it was in contact with the ground, in either photographic, video (realtime and slow mo) and by the reaction of the scot who celebrated the try (ok granted not evidence but a decent indicator)

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:43 pm

Well I thought Barnes was terrible, pretty sure he must have money on Wales to win the tournament or a Welsh granny of something. Some bizarre descisions yesterday.

However when the opposition have 60% territory and posession then there's no point blaming the ref.

Wales were deserving winners and the better side.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:56 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:peeter seabiscuit wheeler

What are you talking about, there is clear evidence that the hand was in contact with the ball while it was in contact with the ground, in either photographic, video (realtime and slow mo) and by the reaction of the scot who celebrated the try (ok granted not evidence but a decent indicator)

If there were clear eviden then the try wouldve been given. There is nothing conclusive on the replays, no amount of wishful thiunking will change that. For the record I think the reaction of the chap who got it does suggest he did ground the ball and Im not ruling out that it may have happened, but that cant ever be considered by the TMO for obvious reasosn ( eg the Welsh one where you had Irish players acting like it had been held up and welsh ones celebrating a grounding )
In that sitauation the ref was totaly unsure what happened, so had to ask the TMO is he had enough evidence to suggest there was a try. He didnt, so there wasnt. Tough break.

The question of penalty for flopping on Foden whilst he was in the air is another one.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:58 pm

Thought Owens was good, although I do wonder whether the French and Italian players always understood him and his fairly conversational tone.

Barnes at least let the game flow reasonably well. The decision on the Ferris penalty has attracted some debate, but I think he got that correct to the letter and interpretation of the current Law. Davies should have been red carded, but that was the touch judge's guidance.

Clancy was poor, but at least he was equally poor for both sides - let both pack slow ball down too much, so it was no big surprise that the match was a dour aimless kick-fest.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:58 pm

Barnes was Barnes, there were a few poor decisions for either side, he was certainly not in Welsh favour!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:00 pm

I think the selections of Hodgson and Parks saught to that, not Clancy!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:00 pm

Whats the cureent guidance on tackler release? Because there seemed to be a real problem with that in the Scotland game. Players pinged for holding on when the tackler had never released them.
The contradiction with the requirement to hold the player long enough for the tackle to be comeplete not withstanding

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:17 pm

theblues
Hodgson has the reputation for being a good 10 to play an expansive game, although I take your point re Desperate Dan.

Hodgson didn't actually kick that often - Youngs box kicked (badly) quite a bit, which suggests the ball was coming back desperately slowly. Add to that the inexperience and lack of ball carrying in England's centres and back row, and its no big surprise we offered little threat in attack beyond the back 3 countering from a badly placed Parks kick.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:29 pm

Hodgson is regularly counter preductive when trying to go wide, for numerous reasons, if Lancaster had gone with Farell at 10 I really think we would've seen a much better game, mainly the less tense attacking options around the 10 pivot.

Have to agree about youngs!

Dan does a job, but that job wasn't what Scotland want at the moment, they want the Edinburgh form 9,10 playing the game at a high tempo, and they want tries. I think if Robinson has a knee jerk reaction and makes both changes for the weekend Wales will punish them, this is where parks is worth his weight, especially against a Welsh team who'll run for 160 mins flat out!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down