The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quigg/Frampton - Predictions after They've Both Just Fought

+4
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
hampo17
88Chris05
AlexHuckerby
8 posters

Go down

Quigg/Frampton - Predictions after They've Both Just Fought Empty Quigg/Frampton - Predictions after They've Both Just Fought

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 05 Feb 2012, 5:42 pm

So, they have both just fought in the past Quigg took what in my opinion was a flash knockdown and showed the iniative to change tactics midfight to pick up the win (Dodgy stoppage or not) Frampton looked crisp and clean in his fight, though against a guy that punches weaker than Malignaggi with none of the skills to boot however.

How do we see the fight between these two going now, I've gone with Frampton from a good six months back or so and still believe Frampton takes him on points maybe a late stoppage. Both have good power, both are quick and have good defenses and a good punch output, think about what they're doing and have good engines, how you see it?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Quigg/Frampton - Predictions after They've Both Just Fought Empty Re: Quigg/Frampton - Predictions after They've Both Just Fought

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 5:48 pm

It's been Quigg all along for me, and I'm sticking with that. He's certainly faced the better competition so far, is more rounded, a little less gung-ho and, to top it off, is absolutely huge at 122 lb. Granted, last night has brought him back down to earth a wee bit after such a superb performance against Booth, but I reckon the test he's had there will be valuable experience in the learning curve.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Quigg/Frampton - Predictions after They've Both Just Fought Empty Re: Quigg/Frampton - Predictions after They've Both Just Fought

Post by hampo17 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 7:12 pm

Quigg has had double the fights that Frampton has had so you'd expect that Quigg would have faced the better opposition. I like them both so I don't care who wins and both have got the talent to make it to world level, Frampton by SD for me though, I think his amateur pedigree and all this sparring around the gyms he's been getting will really help him if this fight happens.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Sun 05 Feb 2012, 7:34 pm

I always thought Frampton has his number and i nothing has changed from last night; only maybe i think Frampton may stop him earlier...but Quigg has been down before against a journeyman so don't be surprised if he keeps going down as he moves up in class

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun 05 Feb 2012, 7:45 pm

I was ringside for the quigg and murray fights last night, was a great night.

i've read it was Quigg's plan to start slow and take over in the middle rounds which he did. i dont think the knock down was in the plans, but he shook it off without too much trouble.

I didn't see it on sky so i cpuldnt confirm, but i think Frampton was there too. I saw a few people taking snaps of someone who was his ringer if it wasnt him.

Was very interesting looking up to the commentary box while the fight was on - Barry McGuigan was stood up the full time looking down, absolutely glued to the action.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 05 Feb 2012, 7:48 pm

McGuigan will be very interested in what happens with Quigg as a win for Frampton over him would mean big things for Framptons future.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:36 pm

Frampton for me. He has a predatory calmness about him and wastes very few punches. Although Quigg has had more fights and possibly better opposition, I think Frampton still looks a level above Quigg, but it would be a great domestic dust up and should only take place as an elimator for a major title. Both have a long career ahead so no rush but I think out of the two if it is left for too long, Quigg will be the one that gets beaten first.

On another note how do you feel both of tem would do against Rendall Monroe? I thoughts his comments and attitude towards the both of them was unnecessary. I think Rendall needs to remember he is not the world star he thinks he is and although quite strong, he is not the biggest of punchers and both of the young guns would give him a serious run for his money right now.

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:38 pm

For me it's Frampton he seems to have a touch more class.....More of a Julio cesar chavez look about him....seems more calculating than Quigg who's more of a workrate type fighter....

Quigg's head to body punching is impressive but looking at him fight he doesn't look like a guy who has a plan B....

Both look good but it's frampton for me.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:40 pm

I need to go for Frampton here. Quigg looks good and throws some lovely body shots but Frampton looks the more complete fighter. Plus Quigg has Joe Gallacher in his corner who is an absolute clown.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:43 pm

I could honestly see Frampton and Quigg beating Rendall in a couple of fights, heck maybe even now...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:44 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:I need to go for Frampton here. Quigg looks good and throws some lovely body shots but Frampton looks the more complete fighter. Plus Quigg has Joe Gallacher in his corner who is an absolute clown.

Harsh on Joe, I think he's a very good trainer personally...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:47 pm

Why do you think that Alex???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:49 pm

Always seems to give good advice in the corner always has his fighters in shape and seems to know his stuff tactically from what I've seen, he's had a fair few limited fighters (I think Quigg is a bit limited also)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:54 pm

Fair enough........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down