The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donaire against Vazquez - Who wins?

+4
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Steffan
WelshDevilRob
8 posters

Go down

Donaire against Vazquez - Who wins? Empty Donaire against Vazquez - Who wins?

Post by WelshDevilRob Mon 30 Jan 2012, 3:00 pm

Super Bantamweight Nonito Donaire 27(18)-1-0 vs Wilfredo Vazquez Jr 21(18)-1(1)-1 - vacant WBO super bantamweight title.

Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas: Nonito moves up another weight in the quest for titles. This time he fights in the Super Bantamweight division against Wilfredo Vazquez Jr, who formerly held the title but lost it against Jorge Arce.

Is this another stepping stone to Greatness for Donaire or can Vazquez upset the best laid plans?

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Donaire against Vazquez - Who wins? Empty Re: Donaire against Vazquez - Who wins?

Post by Steffan Mon 30 Jan 2012, 3:17 pm

Gotta back Donaire havnt you

Plus I want the fight with Rios Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Donaire against Vazquez - Who wins? Empty Re: Donaire against Vazquez - Who wins?

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Mon 30 Jan 2012, 4:23 pm

Rigondeaux vs Donaire is one of the fights i desperately want to see in 2012!!

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 30 Jan 2012, 5:40 pm

Unbeatable Georgey Groves wrote:Rigondeaux vs Donaire is one of the fights i desperately want to see in 2012!!

Second that.

Rigondeux is a real talent and he might be the only boxer from 118-126 who has better technical skills than donaire. He doesn't have the same power or speed though and donaire has height and reach advantages.

Donaire should beat Vasquez but it won't be easy. Vasquez was beating arce until the last round and will have learnt since then. They are both the same size, something donaire hasn't faced that often.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:12 am

Unbeatable Georgey Groves wrote:Rigondeaux vs Donaire is one of the fights i desperately want to see in 2012!!

I can't help but feel that would be a real stinker. As good as they both are I really do see it being a horrible fight to watch with neither of them wanting to take many chances.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 31 Jan 2012, 10:12 am

Steffan wrote:Gotta back Donaire havnt you

Plus I want the fight with Rios Smile

A Rios fight would be great but they are both trained by Robert Garcia so may be hard to get.

Donaire and Rios are quite pally as well with Donaire recently saying he'd love to help Rios prepare for Gamboa if he faced him.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:46 pm

Boxnation better pick this card up, they have already had both Donaire and JCC jr in the past....

For me Donaire wins, but I don't think its as easy as everyone says it is. Good matchup!

I'm not sold on Rigondeaux at all.... He needs to prove more tbh before he gets Donaire.

As for the people who say Donaire is ducking him... He was been contracted to fight Vasquez before Rigo won the title... He also wants to fight the best fighter in the super bantamweight division Nishioka.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:52 pm

Boxnation have announced that they are showing this fight and Chavez live.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:53 pm

WOW awesome, where did you read that?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:02 pm

Boxnation just announced it on their official Twitter.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Tue 31 Jan 2012, 6:45 pm

WelshDevilRob wrote:Boxnation just announced it on their official Twitter.

Great news, after backing Boxnation from the off was beginning to get itchy feet if they didn't announce this, shows great intent.

As for the fights think they'll be competitive one sided affairs, in favour of Donaire and Chavez.

Thanks for announcing this.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down