The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Llanelli v London Irish

+11
maestegmafia
Knowsit17
maverickmak
BigTrevsbigmac
glamorganalun
Smirnoffpriest
Cari
Cymroglan
HammerofThunor
Shifty
Jimmy Moz
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Llanelli v London Irish - Page 2 Empty Llanelli v London Irish

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Who do you think will win?

I think Irish will suprise everyone and take this one

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Llanelli v London Irish - Page 2 Empty Re: Llanelli v London Irish

Post by Seagultaf Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:24 pm

A lot of first choice players in the London Irish side, but the Scarlets have kept faith with their fringe players (apart fron Iestyn and Day). So this was a really good win for the Scarlets.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Sgt

It's been the same in nearly all the games we play against English opposition, they pick a great deal more first choice players than the welsh regions.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:can somebody change the title of this thread coz Llanelli don't play in this competition as the pathetic wum obviously knows

Bugs you doesn't it Smirnhoff, although I don't understand why.
Even Mike Catt referred to them as Llanelli in his post match interview. Good on him.
Yma o hyd.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Bugs you doesn't it Smirnhoff, although I don't understand why.
Even Mike Catt referred to them as Llanelli in his post match interview. Good on him.
Yma o hyd.
Yeah this is such a stupid debate, the regions are based in Newport, Llanelli, Swansea or Cardiff, pick one to support or watch the Premiership, that's the choice people have.
I'm greedy I watch all of them! Laugh
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:52 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Sgt

It's been the same in nearly all the games we play against English opposition, they pick a great deal more first choice players than the welsh regions.

Not true when you hammered us.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/rugby/12710.php

While Parling is first choice, that was his first start for Tigers in 18 months.

Most of that lineup are third choice at best. However as i said you hammered us - rematch in knockout stages?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:57 pm

Yeah i watch all of them but support 1, ill always b willing to go down to a dragons, blues, ospreys or scarlets game but ill only ever watch llanelli in the prem.i mean nobody i know called the warriors pontypridd or leinster dublin. Nowhere does it say on the scarlets shirt or stadium the word llanelli.it does bother me that ppl outside the region seem to call them llanelli either as a tired wum or coz their stuck in the past and clinging to a now defunct era

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:22 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:Yeah i watch all of them but support 1, ill always b willing to go down to a dragons, blues, ospreys or scarlets game but ill only ever watch llanelli in the prem.i mean nobody i know called the warriors pontypridd or leinster dublin. Nowhere does it say on the scarlets shirt or stadium the word llanelli.it does bother me that ppl outside the region seem to call them llanelli either as a tired wum or coz their stuck in the past and clinging to a now defunct era

Aye, but Llanelli and Cardiff paid to be standalone clubs all those years ago and IIRC Llanelli threatened legal action against the WRU.
Why can't you accept that the Scarlets are, in all but name Llanelli RFC? A proud club that openly celebrates its rich heritage and tradition. I'm glad they do to be honest and I think we need more of it. Cardiff Blues on the other hand have done the exact opposite which has annoyed Cardiff fans as well as Ponty fans all at the same time.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Aye, but Llanelli and Cardiff paid to be standalone clubs all those years ago and IIRC Llanelli threatened legal action against the WRU.
Why can't you accept that the Scarlets are, in all but name Llanelli RFC? A proud club that openly celebrates its rich heritage and tradition. I'm glad they do to be honest and I think we need more of it. Cardiff Blues on the other hand have done the exact opposite which has annoyed Cardiff fans as well as Ponty fans all at the same time.

I agree, even before regionalism, Llanelli pretty much represented Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire, all of the top players from those areas went to that club, it's the reason why clubs in large towns like Carmarthen (Athletic, Quins), Milford Haven and Haverfordwest never really got out of the lower divisions.

Llanelli has always been West Wales, it doesn't matter if their called the Scarlets or Llanelli, we all know who they are.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:49 pm

AlynDavies wrote:

I agree, even before regionalism, Llanelli pretty much represented Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire, all of the top players from those areas went to that club, it's the reason why clubs in large towns like Carmarthen (Athletic, Quins), Milford Haven and Haverfordwest never really got out of the lower divisions.

Llanelli has always been West Wales, it doesn't matter if their called the Scarlets or Llanelli, we all know who they are.

I agree and Llanelli certainly never had a Pontypridd type club 5 miles up the road.
Llanelli were and still are THE club to support in that area.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:50 pm

Blues Dai - Llanelli are not the club to support in the area though, Carmarthen Quins and Llandovery are above them in the prem.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2