The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia v India: 4th Test - Marks Out of 10

4 posters

Go down

Australia v India: 4th Test - Marks Out of 10 Empty Australia v India: 4th Test - Marks Out of 10

Post by Pal Joey Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:55 am

Australia:

Warner: 5 - disappointing after Perth; but a terrier in the field and took a good catch.
Cowan: 4 - failed to go on with it after making starts in both innings.
Marsh: 1 - Scores of 3 & 0 - not acceptable for a top order batsman. His place in the team is in jeopardy. Took a good catch though.
Ponting 10 - 221 & 60* - he was superb in the field as well taking a difficult catch off Tendulkar...dropping another late in the game.
Clarke 10 - another great Captain's knock of 210 and along with Ricky...took India out of the game when things looked bad at 84/3.
Hussey 6 - a freakish run-out in the 1st innings when looking in fine form. Performed below usual standard with bat but not in the field.
Haddin 7 - starting to bat with more confidence again... looks good when he gets going. Tidy work behind the stumps too.
Siddle 9 - destroyed India's top order again and took a crucial 5fer in the 1st innings. Always kept the pressure on the Indian bastmen.
Harris 8 - made the early inroads in India's 2nd innings. Very economical bowler and handy with the bat too in Australia's tail.
Hilfenhaus 8 - very solid performance with the ball. Got prize wicket of Kohli in both innings; first bowled and then that amazing run out.
Lyon 8 - hard work for a spinner in Adelaide yet he stuck to his guns. Finally rewarded with 4 wickets in the 2nd innings; 5 overall.

Total: 76

India:

Gambhir 4 - never looked comfortable at the crease in both innings and unable to deal with the relentless bowling attack.
Sehwag 7 - stayed at the crease for a little while longer but still lacked the patience to set an example as Captain and opening batsman.
Dravid 4 - disastrous tour for him and this match continued in the same vein. Bowled again in the 1st; caught at gully in the 2nd innings.
Tendulkar 5 - he'll want to forget this match. He never looked like the player of previous tours to Australia. Sad to see him leave this way.
Laxman 5 - tried to get going but struggled to gather some momentum after a decent start in both innings.
Kohli 9 - again India's best batsman by a long way. A very well-deserved Test century; his first. Sharp in the field and never gave up.
Saha 6 - must have been difficult to come into the side at this time but batted sensibly and was decent behind the stumps.
Ashwin 6 - after a great start on the first day the Ponting-Clarke partnership took its toll on his bowling figures. Still took 5 wickets.
Zaheer 4 - toiled away with the ball but not much reward; slightly better with the bat in the 2nd innings.
Sharma 3 - struggled in these conditions. Seemed to lose a lot of confidence as the match progressed.
Yadav 6 - had a hard time out there but still tried to keep upbeat. The wicket of Clarke just after lunch on Day 2 was the highlight.

Total: 59

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Australia v India: 4th Test - Marks Out of 10 Empty Re: Australia v India: 4th Test - Marks Out of 10

Post by msp83 Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:17 am

I am not a fan of a perfect 10. Clarke and Ponting were truly outstanding, and they get a 9.5.
Must say lb has been pretty generous with some of the ratings. Tendulkar, Sehwag, Warner, Hussey, Yadav, all got a touch too much for me.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Australia v India: 4th Test - Marks Out of 10 Empty Re: Australia v India: 4th Test - Marks Out of 10

Post by Pal Joey Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:52 am

Yes, I'm a little generous msp.

I don't deal in fractions so it was either a 9 or 10 for Ponting and Clarke... otherwise; scale everyone down a point. Wink

We can all sit back and say it looked too easy but I think it's fair to give 5s,6s & 7s rather than be too harsh and mete out 4s,5s, & 6s.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:12 pm

My ratings, with series averages from my ratings in brackets

Australia

Cowan 5 (6.25)
Warner 4 (5.50)
Marsh 2 (2.25)
Ponting 10 (7.75)
Clarke 10 (7.50)
Hussey 5 (6.50)
Haddin 8 (6.00)
Siddle 9 (8.50)
Harris 8 (2 Tests, 8.00)
Hilfenhaus 7 (8.50)
Lyon 8 (3 Tests, 5.00)

Other series averages: Pattinson (2 Tests, 8.50), Starc (1 Test, 8.00)

India

Sehwag 6 (5.50)
Gambhir 4 (4.50)
Dravid 3 (4.75)
Tendulkar 3 (5.50)
Laxman 4 (4.25)
Kohli 9 (5.75)
Saha 7 (1 Test, 7.00)
Ashwin 6 (3 Tests, 6.33)
Zaheer Khan 5 (5.50)
Sharma 3 (4.00)
Yadav 2 (4.25)

Other series averages: Dhoni (3 Tests, 5.00), Vinay Kumar (1 Test, 2.00)

Linebreaker.... Yadav was woeful - although he came back OK his spells on day 1 were pure buffet bowling in this match. For me, only his wicket of Clarke saves him from my first ever 606 v2 rating of 1.

Meanwhile, my Man of the Series award is shared by Siddle and Hilfenhaus (although my ratings fail to consider that Clarke's 10 at Sydney was worth considerably more than the regular 8s and 9s accumulated by the seamers).

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:51 pm

My ratings

AUSTRALIA:

Warner: 5
Cowan:5
Marsh:1
Punter:10
Pup:10
Hussey:4
Haddin:7 (good innings with the bat, and impressive with the gloves)
Siddle: 8
Hilfenhaus:7
Harris:7
Lyon:9

INDIA:

Sehwag: 7
Gambhir: 4
Dravid:3
Tendulkar:5
Laxman:2
Kohli:8
Saha:5
Ashwin:7
Zaheer:5
Ishant:7
Yadav:5

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Everyone is being far too generous with Shewag. So he slogged a quick 60, so what? His captaincy was poor after the first session. His 60 was worth about as much as Hussey's 25, and considerably less than Cowan's first innings knock.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down