The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Micky Young Citing

2 posters

Go down

Micky Young Citing Empty Micky Young Citing

Post by nathan Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:37 pm

Micky young has been cited for making contact with the eye area from the game against arroni. I was there and didn't know it happened (usually there's a few handbags after, but i couldn't tell if they were because of Mr Happy himself Bergamasco).

Did anyone else see it? not sure if it was on TV?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Micky Young Citing Empty Re: Micky Young Citing

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 28 Jan 2012, 2:50 pm

Banned for 8 weeks, deamed to be "reckless rather than intentional"

Lower end comes in at 8 weeks, reduced by 4 weeks ( arent these usually halved?) for previously excellent record and not eating biscuits or sweets during the hearing.

Thats still quite a sizeable ban and just at the time the poor lad wouldve got some starts at last with his brother (cough) off with England. Tigers will be relying on Newcastle reject Grindall and chirpy schoolboy Sam Harrison instead.

Now given this was very clearly an accidental act its tough on the kid, but consistent with bans given elsewhere ( yeah people are gonna argue a week one way or the other in certain cases but its in the range)
People say rugby isnt tough on eye gouging. Couple of weeks ago a soccer player was up for a deliberate one, wouldve been facing a 3 week ban if found guilty....the same as a rash and clumsy tackle.
Dont really want to start this debate again but I cant see that rugby is soft on eye contact. Theyve even changed the rules so the next time a frenchman deliberatly goes after mccaw and noone gets the footage soon enough they can actually charge him.

Tough on Young, but if it were for the likes of ex Tiger Rabeni I guess they wouldnt have such strict rules on the accidental stuff.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down