The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian Wells Mens tennis semi-final preview: Rafael Nadal v Juan Martin Del Potro

+2
Wooffie
chrisgold23
6 posters

Go down

Indian Wells Mens tennis semi-final preview: Rafael Nadal v Juan Martin Del Potro Empty Indian Wells Mens tennis semi-final preview: Rafael Nadal v Juan Martin Del Potro

Post by chrisgold23 Sat 19 Mar 2011, 9:36 am

Juan Martin Del Potro v Rafa Nadal

Nadal is the obvious favourite here, being the world number one. However I think if Del Potro can get his first serve percentage high in this match and cut out errors then he has a real chance. He will want to show the tennis world he is really back in the big time and win one of the big tournaments this year and we all know how much he loves the hardcourts of the USA, being the 2009 US Open Champion. Nadal has won their only other match here in Indian Wells, but the tall powerful Argentine has won the pairs last three meetings all on hardcourts back in 2009, including that US Open where Del Potro thrashed Nadal 6-2 6-2 6-2. Nadal has lost just one set in the tournament against Ivo Karlovic whilst Del Potro can say the same losing one set against another Croat Ivo Ljubicic. Del Potro has had to face more break points though and Nadal has looked really good all week. This has the potential to be a cracker and a great display for mens tennis. Many people feel the Roger Federer v Novak Djokovic will be the class and is the match getting all the headlines, but watch out for this semi-final too!

I am going go with value here and look to Juan Martin Del Potro to take a suprise win at good odds!

Match Prediction:

Juan Martin Del Potro to beat Rafael Nadal

chrisgold23

http://thetennistipster.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Indian Wells Mens tennis semi-final preview: Rafael Nadal v Juan Martin Del Potro Empty Re: Indian Wells Mens tennis semi-final preview: Rafael Nadal v Juan Martin Del Potro

Post by Wooffie Sat 19 Mar 2011, 12:34 pm

This is - by far - Potro's biggest test and I'm not so sure he's quite at that level yet. I think its significant that you mention the number of break points he's faced, because he's giving his opponents their chance and therefore it would be up to Rafa to take them.

As for their last 3 encounters. Well, Rafa snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory in that Miami match and we know now that he was having some family issues. He lost again in Montreal which was his own comeback after 2.5 months after knee injury and we remember well the US Open semi-final. The thing is, never ever under-estimate Rafael Nadal. He's taken poundings before, but he tends to not let it happen again.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Indian Wells Mens tennis semi-final preview: Rafael Nadal v Juan Martin Del Potro Empty Re: Indian Wells Mens tennis semi-final preview: Rafael Nadal v Juan Martin Del Potro

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 19 Mar 2011, 2:39 pm

Oh ye of little faith Ok!
Rafa will do what he has to .. positive thinking.. thumbsup . Vamos Rafa

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Sat 19 Mar 2011, 3:03 pm

I'm really nervous of this match, but then I normally am before Rafa plays. I keep reminding myself he's no. 1 and current holder of 3 slams for a reason.

I think Wooffie makes a good point. Rafa tends to learn from his losses and probably is relishing this. Me, I'm just a wreck!

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 19 Mar 2011, 3:22 pm

Del Potro has said that Rafa is playing better now than he was when they played last... there is a considerable amount of "water gone under the bridge" since their last encounter and I think we saw against Dr Ivo what Rafa is like when he digs his heels in. If Delpo pulls off a win here I think he will have to play out of his skin.Unless anything is untoward Rafa will not give him anything.. All Rafa´s matches make me nervous.. but I am staying positive

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Sat 19 Mar 2011, 4:40 pm

Aww, no need to worry Rafa fans! Hug (Del Potro is back, but he's not that much back.)

Besides, I want my Djokovic-Nadal final, and I'm gonna get it!!
And then you can worry... Wink

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sat 19 Mar 2011, 5:12 pm

Fighting talk!! Indian Wells Mens tennis semi-final preview: Rafael Nadal v Juan Martin Del Potro 496889

laughing
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Sat 19 Mar 2011, 5:56 pm

"Fighting talk!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fight?! I'll give you a FIGHT!

Very Happy

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Sat 19 Mar 2011, 8:28 pm

Nadal - Del Potro 6-4 6-4

(Hate to say I told you so! Wink)

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Sat 19 Mar 2011, 8:31 pm

Pretty easy for Rafa but good to see Del Potro "bashing" the ball again.

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Sat 19 Mar 2011, 8:34 pm

Green, halfway there to the dream final. Then let the boxing begin Very Happy

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 19 Mar 2011, 10:51 pm

Whatta boy !!! never doubted him Hug

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Sat 19 Mar 2011, 10:55 pm

Worried yet? Whistle

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sat 19 Mar 2011, 11:01 pm

No Green. Nole had a big amount of unforced errors and he all too visibly shows when he is rattled. A competitor like Rafa sniffs this out and shows no mercy.

I think Rafa still has notches to go up to, but either way, its going to be a cracker!!
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down