The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloucester - Toulouse teams announced etc etc

+12
valjester
niwatts
bedfordwelsh
yappysnap
ChequeredJersey
EnglishReign
Poorfour
bathmad
Artful_Dodger
HongKongCherry
geoff998rugby
whocares
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gloucester - Toulouse teams announced etc etc Empty Gloucester - Toulouse teams announced etc etc

Post by whocares Thu 19 Jan 2012, 6:31 am

GLOUCESTER

May - Sharples, Tindall, Fuimaono-Sapolu, Simpson-Daniel - Burns, Lawson - Narraway (cap), Qera, Stroskoch - Brown, Hamilton - Harden, Lawson, Wood

bench: Dawidiuk, Murphy, Knight, James, Cox, Lewis, Mills, Trinder

guess that's more or less Glaws 1st team as it looks like the one against Quins last weekend.
local insight is welcomed...

TOULOUSE

Médard - Matanavou, Jauzion, Poitrenaud, Donguy - Beauxis, Burgess – Picamoles, Dusautoir (cap), Nyanga - Albacete, Maestri - Johnston, Servat, Steenkamp

Remplaçants : Tolofua, Human, Poux, Lamboley, Doussain, Bouilhou, Clerc, Sowerby

Fritz is out injured after the Connarcht game, so are McAlister and David ! Clerc is very uncertain so not so confident anymore with this backline... also their flight today was cancelled due to a dodgy plane so the away trip is not starting nicely!

my prediction: still a tight win for Toulouse but no TBP ... thoughts?

whocares

Back to top Go down

Gloucester - Toulouse teams announced etc etc Empty Re: Gloucester - Toulouse teams announced etc etc

Post by geoff998rugby Thu 19 Jan 2012, 6:32 am

Come on Gloucester you know Ulster loves you kiss

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Gloucester - Toulouse teams announced etc etc Empty Re: Gloucester - Toulouse teams announced etc etc

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 19 Jan 2012, 6:39 am

An easy win for Glaws Very Happy

We've got absolutely nothing to lose and the players and fans alike are desperate for the win. It is probably my natural bias, but I feel Glaws will sneak this.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 19 Jan 2012, 6:41 am

The closer we get the more confident I am of Connacht or Gloucester doing Ulster a favour - cant say I'm as a confident of Racing or London Irish doing it though.

Cmon Gloucester Very Happy

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 19 Jan 2012, 6:51 am

geoff998rugby wrote:Come on Gloucester you know Ulster loves you kiss

After your result against Leicester we rather like you too! Wink
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by bathmad Thu 19 Jan 2012, 7:28 am

Criminal decision having Tindall on instead of Trinder.

bathmad

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 19 Jan 2012, 7:58 am

bathmad wrote:Criminal decision having Tindall on instead of Trinder.

Trinder has played a lot of rugby this season so needs a rest. In fairness to Tinds he played well against Quins.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu 19 Jan 2012, 8:14 am

Given the Toulouse midfield still contains Jauzion and Poitrenaud, Tindall looks like a wise choice to me. The men in black will be a physical challenge and Trinder could get overwhelmed in the earlier stages.

I'm guessing it will be a coldish, wettish afternoon, so by 60 minutes everyone will be tiring and Trinder could make a real impact off the bench. I'm certainly hoping so.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:12 pm

Glaws will smash it. Got a feeling.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu 19 Jan 2012, 1:26 pm

with some serious forwards on the pitch and another 6 on the bench (!), Toulouse will be looking for domination upfront and wait for beauxis to score 21 points. certainly wont be free running rugby on show from toulouse and they probably will not care tha much if its cold or wet outhere.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 19 Jan 2012, 4:29 pm

Come on Gloucester- you are already my 3rd favourite team in the AP after Quins and Exeter. You will be well up in 2nd if you pull this off. In fairness, your backrow is vicious (so is Toulouse's though...), your backline class and at Kingsholm you are a force for anyone to reckon with. If we can do Toulouse in France, I know you can do the same in one of England's most hostile grounds. Target Beauxis and you'll do it.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:04 am

Gloucester are going to smash them, they've been building up to this game for a while now and Toulouse aren't going to know what hits them.

You've got to keep a lid on Picamoles and smash Beauxis, after that it's all simples!

My only fear is those Toulouse rock apes (forwards) and if they get in control.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:09 am

yappysnap wrote:

My only fear is those Toulouse rock apes (forwards) and if they get in control.

At Kingsholm? Never! We're going to smash them into the Amlin! It's going to be a tough game, but I'm really pleased we're taking this seriously and putting out the strongest side possible.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:19 am

Should be a classic HKC, gutted both matches are on at the same time, i'll have to try to avoid updates so I can watch yours afterwards.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 20 Jan 2012, 2:35 am

Hopefully so! You'll do well to miss the updates though as Sky are showing the Quins game with Glaws on thered button, so they'll keep showing highlights of all the tries we'll run in! Wink
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Fri 20 Jan 2012, 11:39 am

GLAWWWSSTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:09 pm

7 nil to Gloucester and with a man in the bin
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:11 pm

7 all
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by niwatts Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:16 pm

Did that look backwards to anyone else apart from Clancy?

niwatts

Back to top Go down

Post by niwatts Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:18 pm

Have they shown what Wood was carded for yet?

niwatts

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:20 pm

Could get bit messy now for Gloucester
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:20 pm

Fantastic handling by Toulouse.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by niwatts Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:29 pm

Given the kind of game the Gloucetser backline seem intent on playing, I think Trinder should have been selected over Tindall.

niwatts

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:30 pm

Another good try, very open game.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:31 pm

Any one pm me a link mines very poor tonight cheers
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:35 pm

Great game from a neutral perspective

Sharples and May look excellent - better than Ashton and Foden since the end of the last 6N.

There seems to be a lot of talent in England from the HC games I have seen - But I havent been impressed with the current England regular internationals.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:45 pm

Cracking 1st half
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:47 pm

Exciting game for sure. But I get the feeling Gloucester are a bit lucky to be this close. Some great dynamic play, indeed. But Toulouse is massive in the scrum. Just seems a bit inevitable Toulouse assert themselves in the second half. Hoping for Gloucester, though.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:48 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Cracking 1st half

Yep, Toulouse won't be happy with some of their sloppy play and they look below their best but some of the credit has to go to Gloucester who are playing very well.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:57 pm

wales606 wrote:Great game from a neutral perspective

Sharples and May look excellent - better than Ashton and Foden since the end of the last 6N.

There seems to be a lot of talent in England from the HC games I have seen - But I havent been impressed with the current England regular internationals.

Couldn't agree more. The defensive players are usually picked over the exciting, pacey and skillful ones.

Cracking game so far though, some magical moments of play for both sides. Lovely hands for second Toulouse try, beautiful play from Sharples, May and Qera too.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:59 pm

P.S some nice play from Narraway too!

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:05 pm

Beauxis is in danger of going into meltdown. Beautiful kicker but once he misses one, and then two in a row, he begins to lose confidence.

Beautiful try.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:07 pm

Brilliant Gloucester

Im glad I bothered to watch this game now

Superb by Sharples and May (again)

19 - 17

Conversion to come

Quins could displace Toulouse at this rate

Gloucester to win here and Ulster to win in Clermont and there wont be any French teams left...
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:08 pm

"off goes Guthro Steemkamp...who quite frankly scares me" - I love this commentator
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:11 pm

wales606 wrote:"off goes Guthro Steemkamp...who quite frankly scares me" - I love this commentator

What channel is that on? I'll agree with the commentator, I meet Steemkamp every now and again or see him around town and he is very scary.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:12 pm

Sky
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:14 pm

Tindall messed up then, easy overlap and he doesnt pass
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:19 pm

Burgess is the definition of a highlight players, looks brilliant in some phases off play and can put in world class moments but overall isn't good enough at his main job and makes way too many mistakes.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:24 pm

What does Burns think he's doing kicking from there?

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:25 pm

Though Glaws were lucky to get that penalty, the first scrum should have been one for Toulouse.
Burns very short from that kick.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:27 pm

valjester wrote:Beauxis is in danger of going into meltdown. Beautiful kicker but once he misses one, and then two in a row, he begins to lose confidence.

Beautiful try.

Well Beauxis proves me wrong there, lovely break, pass and then splits the posts.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by niwatts Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:30 pm

That was a mistake taking EFS before, he was having a better game than Tindall, and especially now that Tindall has had to go off anyway.

niwatts

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:36 pm

Glaws are doing all the hard work and Quins are losing anyway Wink

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:37 pm

Quins just missed a penalty from a scrum to take the lead

Gloucester didnt

27 - 24

Quins are going to kick themselves at this rate.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:37 pm

Toulouse are gone.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:38 pm

BRILLIANT

From nowhere

Toulouse have lost now, beautiful try from May

32 - 24

5 mins remaining

Quins are going to be sick...
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:40 pm

Holy smokes. What a game.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by niwatts Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:41 pm

Sheer pace from May. I still maintain he should have been called into the EPS. He'd make much better bench cover and impact than Goode.

niwatts

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:41 pm

England have a lot of impressing fullbacks

May, Brown, Foden and Goode

And from what I have seen, Foden is the least impressive
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:42 pm

Narroway is just showing off for Gloucester now

laughing
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next