The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal "Sorry" for criticism of Federer

+4
Tenez
amritia3ee
bogbrush
erictheblueuk
8 posters

Go down

Nadal "Sorry" for  criticism of Federer Empty Nadal "Sorry" for criticism of Federer

Post by erictheblueuk Mon 16 Jan 2012, 5:30 pm

I sort of wondered if Rafa couldn't have sorted this out face to face with Federer or over the phone. It's not as if they were a million miles apart or maybe he lost his number.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2087357/Australian-Open-2012-Roger-Federer-Rafael-Nadal-defuse-rift.html

http://espn.go.com/tennis/aus12/story/_/id/7466882/2012-australian-open-rafael-nadal-apologizes-divisive-comments-roger-federer

Last edited by erictheblueuk on Tue 17 Jan 2012, 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Nadal "Sorry" for  criticism of Federer Empty Re: Nadal "Sorry" for criticism of Federer

Post by bogbrush Mon 16 Jan 2012, 5:54 pm

Now, how does Amrit and his boss Simplistic spin this?

Clearly Rafa seems to realise that gobbling off isnt how you get things done.

Last edited by bogbrush on Mon 16 Jan 2012, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Nadal "Sorry" for  criticism of Federer Empty Re: Nadal "Sorry" for criticism of Federer

Post by amritia3ee Mon 16 Jan 2012, 5:54 pm

Nadal was wrong to go public over his comments; what he said was right but he shouldn't have said it in public.
Good that he apologised.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 16 Jan 2012, 6:01 pm

I think you'll find Nadal wrong on the issue of the events. It's distribution of money that matters more.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 16 Jan 2012, 6:10 pm

And btw bb stop calling 'Simplistic' my boss. You're really not that funny.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 16 Jan 2012, 6:14 pm

Was there a boss in the Laurel and Hardy duo? Certainly one looked more assertive than the other.

That's how I picture them.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Mon 16 Jan 2012, 6:18 pm

Federer as Laurel maybe?
Nadal as Hardy?

Sorry my apologies as you were obviously talking about someone else.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 16 Jan 2012, 6:23 pm

Clearly Nadal was advised to say sorry, i don't see this in good will. His PR team and Nike executives might have had a word with him. Federer is beyond constructive criticism.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 16 Jan 2012, 6:39 pm

Tenez wrote:Was there a boss in the Laurel and Hardy duo? Certainly one looked more assertive than the other.

Are you talking about yourself and Bogbrush.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 16 Jan 2012, 7:04 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Clearly Nadal was advised to say sorry, i don't see this in good will. His PR team and Nike executives might have had a word with him. Federer is beyond constructive criticism.

Simple, you simply make the day for us in v2 , i still can't control my laughter reading your excuse here Very Happy , even Amirt a die hard Rafa fan agrees Rafa made a mistake, everybody makes mistake and Rafa did too, its human to correct it and Rafa did that too, hats off to Rafa for the courage to accept the mistake and apologize. thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2012, 7:10 pm

This has obviously become an unwanted distraction for Nadal. Roger is probably quietly smiling to himself. Nadal "earns" a living on the tennis courts, while the hundreds of hacks on a jolly in sunny Australia have to come up with the "stories" to justify their jolly.

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 16 Jan 2012, 8:58 pm

amritia3ee wrote:
Tenez wrote:Was there a boss in the Laurel and Hardy duo? Certainly one looked more assertive than the other.

Are you talking about yourself and Bogbrush.
Too late mate, the die is cast.

Anyway, never mind. Simplistic has told you your opinion in this thread.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 16 Jan 2012, 9:58 pm

I am glad to see better sense has prevailed and ATP council leaders can function without schizophrenia. Cool

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 16 Jan 2012, 9:59 pm

BTW, where is the Davydenko article similar to these? Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:00 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Clearly Nadal was advised to say sorry, i don't see this in good will. His PR team and Nike executives might have had a word with him. Federer is beyond constructive criticism.

Nadal is a much better person to have publicly apologised, but alas, posters on 606v2 remain ensconced in their divisive philosophies. Sad

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:04 pm

Laverfan, what is wrong with publicly criticising Federer's selfish interest? Not 1 of such criticism but 2.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:16 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Laverfan, what is wrong with publicly criticising Federer's selfish interest? Not 1 of such criticism but 2.

Read my comment on your other thread. Also... from the links in the OP...

"Probably I am wrong telling that to (the media), especially because these things can stay, must stay in the locker room," Nadal said..

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down