The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Voting Page - THE FINAL and 3rd Placed Playoff

+4
Mad for Chelsea
JDizzle
Fists of Fury
Gregers
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Final Voting Page - THE FINAL and 3rd Placed Playoff - Page 2 Empty Final Voting Page - THE FINAL and 3rd Placed Playoff

Post by Gregers Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:34 am

First topic message reminder :

3rd Placed Play Off:

Kings XI Punjab vs Pune Warriors (No tactics yet)

THE FINAL

Channai Super Kings vs Delhi Daredevils - Toss won by Delhi Daredevils

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Final Voting Page - THE FINAL and 3rd Placed Playoff - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Voting Page - THE FINAL and 3rd Placed Playoff

Post by Mat Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Sainty wrote:Me and the Saff pr*** are going to be having words at training! Wink

Nice write up though mate!

He bottled it in true South African style!

Very close game so thought it needed a decent write up to fully explain my reasons.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Final Voting Page - THE FINAL and 3rd Placed Playoff - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Voting Page - THE FINAL and 3rd Placed Playoff

Post by Fists of Fury Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:42 pm

I actually rate the short ball when someone is looking to slog. It has to be a very well directed one, but when the bowler gets it right they can be very difficult to score from - you know the sort, around the throat.

However, I'd like a bowler more accurate than Morkel to be the one bowling it haha!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:19 am

ive got my final votes in, now to wait and see if mfc shows up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:54 am

My votes will be up later

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:37 am

so gregers you said mfc had till lunchtime, the tactics aret in, therefore can we award victory to pune?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:56 am

Indeed CF

IPL Announcement

Pune Warriors have finished 3rd Overall in this seasons IPL. Congratulations to both them and their coach JDizzle.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Congrats, JD!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:09 pm

Cheers Gregers and Fists. It's been great fun to be part of, and it has been a serious effort by Gregers to keep it going well, so cheers to him! And I am very pleased with a third place finish (even if it was by default), but just watch out; I'll be winning the next one! Wink

Well played Sainty and Fists on getting to the final, and I will get my votes in some time this weekend!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:52 pm

well done JD Very Happy

im certainly looking forward to when squads get re-set, as my side was awful in the end lol.

ALTHOUGH IN REAL LIFE KP AND OJHA HAVE LEFT DECCAN Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:08 pm

sadly i dont think we are gonna get a result as tracking all voters down will take ages and most people forgot about this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:52 am

bumped-for votes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:30 pm

Cheers CF, mine this evening I should think

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:52 pm

have to say though mate, i doubt we will get votes from everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:52 pm

THE FINAL

Channai Super Kings vs Delhi Daredevils - Toss won by Delhi Daredevils who bat first. 2 sets of innovative tactics for the final, great work by the captains. For me the overall quality of Chennai's XI won out, I see it going something like:
Warner falls early to Ajmal, but Tamin and MacDonald steady things and then plunder Southee at the end of the powerplay. The upper and middle order score steadily against the spin attack without really getting away, until Sehweg comes in in the 14th over and hits a quickfire 50 to push the total up to 185.

In reply Hussey and Vijay get off to a brisk start before Vijay falls at the end of the 4th. Dhoni comes in, relishing the chance to bat on a non-Australian pitch, and he and Hussey quicky build a partnership. While Hussey falls after passing 50 Raina takes up where he left off and a late flurry of wickets can't stop Chennai from easing home in the last over.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:06 am

Fists of Fury wrote:I don't mind about him justifying it, mate. You can have the win for that one thumbsup

His reasons were always garbage, anyway!
FFS

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:07 am

bit of a low blow there to be honest. not very nice at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:45 am

I think the touch of sarcasm has been lost on you two there...do you not remember the infamous sainty vs shanky/cf wars where Warner and Sehwag were 'blown away'?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:53 am

i dont tend to listen to sainty in the IPL anymore

whenever someone voted against him, he would moan about it, when the rest of us just got on with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:19 am

The Final!

Warner gets Delhi off to a flyer and just keeps on going, at the end of the powerplay the daredevils find themselves 75-1. The legendary spinners of Chennai come in and manage to contain the rest of the Delhi batsmen but Warner finds the best way to play Ajmal et al is just to blast them out of the park. Warner ends up holing out in the 17th over but not before he scores 114! Delhi lose their heads a bit at the end due to the skill of the Chennai bowlers but still set a daunting target of 220-8.

In reply things do not start well for Chennai as they lose Vijay for 4 in the second over. Dhoni then comes in and gets cleaned up first ball! Morkel stunning the Chennai captain with one that nips back. Chennai rebuild with Hussey playing a stunning innings and managing to negotiate Chennai back into the match. Raina, who is still massively underated, supports Hussey brilliantly playing the attacker. At the halfway point Chennai find themselves 86-2. Raina goes ballistic on McDonalds last over hitting 24 off of it! However, the game swings back to Delhi with Arafats introduction into the attack. Yasir traps Raina, Saha and Badrinath in a stunning hattrick bringing boom boom to the crease. Afridi takes a while to get going but Hussey manages to step up through the gears. Hussey finally falls for 88 in the 18th over. With 2 overs left Chennai need 28. Arafat bowls an incredibly tight 19th over going for only 7. However Afridi takes a liking to Morkel and hoists him for 2 sixes and a four. With two balls left Afridi goes big again but gets caught in the deep by McDonald! Chennai need 5 to win off of the last ball but Southee can only hit it for 4.

Delhi Daredevils win by 1 run

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:15 pm

CF thumbsup

Am I not allowed to question people's reasoning?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:27 pm

yh you are, but you never asked, you just tended to whine about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:44 am

Simmer down, mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:18 am

i was calm i was just speaking the truth Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:56 am

Delhi bat first and Ashwin restricts the openers well, but Warner and Iqbal cleverly rotate the strike and attack Theron and hit him hard to get off to a flyer. The introduction of Southee accounts for Iqbal (26) who gets carried away, but Warner keeps playing his natural game. Delhi reach 62-1 at the end of the PP. Afridi gets some clatter in his first over from Warner, but Ajmal accounts for Warner with his doosra for 53 off 31 balls. Wasim Jaffer comes and goes quickly after wasting 5 balls for his 1 run. This brings Sehwag to the crease and whilst he rides his luck he scores rapidly against the spin but McDonald gets bogged down slightly aginst the quality spin form Ajmal and Afridi and he goes for a rash shot and is dismisses. The rest of the DD middle/lower order folds quickly with Pathan, Ojha and Gaikwad going quickly whilst Sehwag keeps going along. However, after 17 overs Sehwag's luck runs out as he holes out off of Southee to leave DD on 155-8 with 3 overs to go and Chennai looking on top. However, Morkel and Arafat strike come lusty blows in the last three overs with Southee bowling a bit too much length and paying the price and DD finish on 184-8.

Morkel gets DD off to a flyer as Vijay goes in the first over to bring Dhoni together with Hussey at the crease. These two start to get going despuet Morkel bowling well early on. However, they are still behind the rate when McDonald and Pathan come into the attack and when Hussey tries to force it first ball off of McDonald and is cuaght behind Chennai are staring down the barrel. But, with Dhoni ticking the singles over to get Raina on strike this gives him the chance to play one fo the innings he is famous for. With Pathan struggling to find his lines Raina makes him pay and once he is in he can target the slower bowling of McDonald and Gaikwad aswell. Just when it looks like Raina is going to win it comfortably for Chennai Arafat comes into the ttack and picks him up first ball and then Saha goes in the same over to swing the pendulum back DD's way. Badrinath hangs about but cannot score freely and is dismissed in the next Arafat over. Afridi hits a six first ball, but is then dismissed the very next ball trying to do the same thing again. This when Dhoni takes control though, marshalling the tail brilliantly and with Southee hitting the odd boundary brings Chennai within striking distance needing 22 off 2 with Dhoni on strike. Despite taking 14 off the first 5 balls of the Arafat over an inch perfect yorker last ball leaves Southee on strike for the last over needing 8 to win. Expecting a short ball, he misses a full lengther from Morkel and then is dismissed next ball skying a catch off the bouncer to the keeper. The batsman cross and puts Dhoni on strike though and he makes light of the pressure and hits the next two balls both for four giving Chennai a three wicket win with 2 balls remaining and MS finishes on 97*.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Next vote is crucial.

Glad to see people think it's close.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Tumbleweed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:07 pm

bumped- for votes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:12 am

Who are we waiting on?
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:13 am

pretty much everyone lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:29 am

Just collating:
JDizzle: Chennai
Gregers: Delhi
Kiwireddevil: Chennai
Shanky: Delhi
CF: Chennai
Mat: Chennai

So 4-2 to CSK at the moment
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:33 am

MFC and GG to vote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:37 am

i have PM'ED both of them

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:05 am

I do apologise guys, I completely forgot about this, my votes will be in later today. Sorry.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:20 am

One more vote to Chennai and they take it then...

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:24 am

Gregers wrote:One more vote to Chennai and they take it then...

well desrved IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Delhi bat first and get good start courtesy of Warner and Iqbal attacking Theron and Southee despite Ashwin being economical. However, Ajmal and Afridi come on and cause some serious damage with Delhi only managing to reach 140 courtesy of a Sehwag cameo.

Chennai get off to a poor start, losing Vijay, Dhoni, and Raina in the first four overs. McD's first over is a wicket maiden as Saha falls leaving Chennai in further trouble. However, DD's medium pacers prove to be expensive throughout the middle orders with Badrinath and Hussey taking full advantage. Aaron returns in the 16th over to take the wicket of Hussey but then concedes 2 boundaries to Afridi meaning 42 is needed off the last 4 overs Morkel bowls well at the death but Arafat is wayward and Afridi takes full advantage but gets caught going for glory off the last ball of the 19th with 6 runs needed to win. Morkel bowls 2 dot balls to Southee before the batsmen run a bye getting Badrinath on strike. He edges one through slip for four then plays and misses but hits a single of the penultimate ball making Chennai the winners.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:12 pm

There it is then

Congrats to Chennai and Fists, commiserations to Delhi and Sainty

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:49 pm

congrats fists

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Well done fists and thanks for running the league gregers!

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:18 pm

Well played Fists, and well played Sainty. Both worthy finalists, and cheers for running this Gregers! Ale

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:37 pm

Congratulations to Fists.

Imagine the outrage if I'd have nicked a result!?

Thanks to Gregers for overseeing a good competition, we've had our ups and downs but it's been great fun!

Here's to the next one! clap clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2