The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tennis Players

+7
amritia3ee
laverfan
hawkeye
Tenez
sportslover
djlovesyou
carrieg4
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tennis Players - Page 2 Empty Tennis Players

Post by carrieg4 Sun 08 Jan 2012, 8:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

The mutual respect and friendship between Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer is well documented. Nadal gets on well with both Djokovic and Murray off court and Murray and Djokovic have a friendship dating back to junior days. In fact most of the top players appear to get on pretty well - the odd spat excepted. There have been a lot of doubles partnerships, I know that Murray has partnered Hewitt, Djokovic and Baghdatis amongst others in recent years. A recent article on V2 spoke excitedly of the potential of a Fedal doubles partnership later on in their careers -although I don't know if the players themselves have considered this.

The point is that, given that the players clearly get on well, why on earth don't a lot of their supporters??? Support who you want to, allow others to do the same, debate with respect and let history sort out who will be remembered for what.

Anyway rant over, just needed to get it off my chest! I feel like I need a tin hat before entering some of the threads recently.

We do not want to be the section with the locked threads!

Last edited by carrieg4 on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo - missed a d in friendship)

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Tennis Players - Page 2 Empty Re: Tennis Players

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:44 pm

Sounds perfect. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:46 pm

This sort of thing

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/09/13/SPGGPL4KST1.DTL

From the San Francisco chronicle

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:47 pm

Yawn every second thread on here is about someone moaning. There was tennis today you know. I'm suprised my name hasn't been mentioned yet which would have been another ban for me. All it took last time for me to get banned was a moaning thread created, a few a Federer fans calling for my blood, Julius disappointingly one of them and admins obliged and i got banned so let us get on with this one.
Other wise a moaning and complaint sticky thread should be created so we can get back to tennis here.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:49 pm

Excellent piece, and one of many I'm sure would strike some great debates.
That's just the sort of thing, and combined with videos it could really benefit the section whilst also providing some education for the uneducated (like me!)

I'm doing a shoot now to watch a film and chill out. We can pick this up again tomorrow, and if anyone else has any ideas, please pop them on here. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:51 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Yawn every second thread on here is about someone moaning. There was tennis today you know. I'm suprised my name hasn't been mentioned yet which would have been another ban for me. All it took last time for me to get banned was a moaning thread created, a few a Federer fans calling for my blood, Julius disappointingly one of them and admins obliged and i got banned so let us get on with this one.
Other wise a moaning and complaint sticky thread should be created so we can get back to tennis here.

Are you moaning about the thread I created SA? Wink

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:01 pm

One suggestion I would make is that the posters can share tourneys on ATP/WTA/ITF and provide some reviews of matches that they found interesting. It would provide a comprehensive view of the Tennis around the globe.

I would love to see some more WTA discussions. There were a few in 2011, but not enough, IMVHO.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:02 pm

Yes because the moaning thread has resulted in me moaning even though we have enough people moaning at the fact that someone else was moaning at them for moaning too much but also moaning at the moaning of that same someone's moaning which has made me moan at the very same thing allowing you to moan at me. Oops! I need to write that again.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:09 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Yes because the moaning thread has resulted in me moaning even though we have enough people moaning at the fact that someone else was moaning at them for moaning too much but also moaning at the moaning of that same someone's moaning which has made me moan at the very same thing allowing you to moan at me. Oops! I need to write that again.

Erm I'll read that again once I have had some sleep!

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:10 pm

laverfan wrote:One suggestion I would make is that the posters can share tourneys on ATP/WTA/ITF and provide some reviews of matches that they found interesting. It would provide a comprehensive view of the Tennis around the globe.

I would love to see some more WTA discussions. There were a few in 2011, but not enough, IMVHO.

We could resume the debate about "why should WTA players earn as much as men in slams" considering the little interest they generate amongst tennis fans.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:11 pm

carrieg4 wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:Yes because the moaning thread has resulted in me moaning even though we have enough people moaning at the fact that someone else was moaning at them for moaning too much but also moaning at the moaning of that same someone's moaning which has made me moan at the very same thing allowing you to moan at me. Oops! I need to write that again.

Erm I'll read that again once I have had some sleep!

Me too

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:13 pm

laverfan wrote:One suggestion I would make is that the posters can share tourneys on ATP/WTA/ITF and provide some reviews of matches that they found interesting. It would provide a comprehensive view of the Tennis around the globe.

Both sound good to me LF. I don't watch much WTA so I would certainly learn a lot. Not even sure who is No.1 - is it Wozniaki? - so my knowledge is very lacking.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:52 pm

Tenez wrote:We could resume the debate about "why should WTA players earn as much as men in slams" considering the little interest they generate amongst tennis fans.

We have had this debate quite often, and have always condensed it to Prize Money vs. Wage question. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:54 pm

Haha, yep, that discussion isn't always the best when it comes to forum harmony.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:58 pm

Eek! Tin hat at the ready.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jan 2012, 2:11 am

carrieg4 yesterday at 9:27 pm wrote:... We need more joy on here!!!
Y I Man Yesterday at 9:39 pm wrote:... I agree we need more joy on here, …
But we do have lots of joy on here, and my random smiley survey proves this conclusively.

My painstaking research has unveiled that the Sad + Crying or Very sad smileys indicative of misery and sadness are used a lot less here on this forum, than the laughing + Laugh fun and joy smiley set.

In fact to my astonishment I have seen so much joy that quite often instead of a single Laugh they occur in sets of three Laugh Laugh Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2