The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can anyone beat Barcelona to the Champions league?

+11
BigPhil
GG
Jimmy McNulty
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Keanos magic hat
Stealth Maestro Agro Love
ADMIN
Marky
Bobby Roode
Youarethegreatest
porkchopexpress
15 posters

Go down

Can anyone beat Barcelona to the Champions league? Empty Can anyone beat Barcelona to the Champions league?

Post by porkchopexpress Wed 16 Mar 2011, 1:42 pm

A simple question, can any of the teams left in the Champions League defeat Barca? And if so, who? And how?

porkchopexpress

Back to top Go down

Can anyone beat Barcelona to the Champions league? Empty Re: Can anyone beat Barcelona to the Champions league?

Post by Youarethegreatest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:10 pm

no, they are a class apart. their secret is their ocnditioning

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Can anyone beat Barcelona to the Champions league? Empty Re: Can anyone beat Barcelona to the Champions league?

Post by Bobby Roode Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:16 pm

Arsenal beat them in the first leg so yes. If it's a one of fmatch - say the Champions League Final. I can see someone having the tactical know how to beat them. Fergie or Mourinho spring to mind. Yes Barca beat Real 5-0 in the league but I have a feeling Mourinho has sweated over that defeat ever since and devised a cunning plan.

Bobby Roode

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:18 pm

I still think Inter, Real or Chelsea could beat them.

I'd also fancy Spurs to run them close, i don't think Utd could, defensively worse than Arsenal after the injuries and i think Barca would school them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:21 pm

Depends on the Champions League Quarter and Semi Final draw.

If it's Barca v Shaktar to play the winners of Chelsea v Real Madrid, then Barca have their work cut out.

If it's Barca v Inter to play the winners of Schalke v Tottenham, then they could play at 50% and reach the final.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Roode Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:23 pm

I think you're wrong KB. I don't see why any of those other teams are better tactically than Man Utd. They have suprised a lot of people this year after being written off from the start. I wouldn't put it past Fergie to put one over Barca. As you well know, you can never write them off.

Bobby Roode

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:24 pm

I actually think of any of them Chelsea would be best suited to beating Barca with the number of strong athletic midfielders they have.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:25 pm

Bobby Roode wrote:I think you're wrong KB. I don't see why any of those other teams are better tactically than Man Utd. They have suprised a lot of people this year after being written off from the start. I wouldn't put it past Fergie to put one over Barca. As you well know, you can never write them off.

I just don't think United could cut it against them, i could be proved wrong but i think Barca would do the same to Utd as they did to Aresnal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Roode Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:28 pm

But Arsenal beat them! If it's the Final and a one off I could see them pulling it off. If it's over 2 legs then I agree, I can't see them winning.

Bobby Roode

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:40 pm

For Utd to beat Barca then Fletcher would have to play and be on top form. He was the missing link when they played last time.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by porkchopexpress Fri 18 Mar 2011, 1:34 pm

So no one said Shaktar, Looks like they are shoe in for the final then.
Barca v Chelsea final. And I think Chelsea can do it over one game, maybe.

porkchopexpress

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 18 Mar 2011, 1:41 pm

Real v Chelsea final I'm going for.
Mouriniho to break Chelsea hearts.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Sun 27 Mar 2011, 5:03 pm

Of course Barca can be beaten!

It's actually a lot easier than you think.

Stealth Maestro Agro Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Keanos magic hat Wed 13 Apr 2011, 1:39 pm

Yes just see last season for a prototype

Keanos magic hat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2011, 5:07 pm

i think its going to be a close game between barcelona and real madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 13 Apr 2011, 6:00 pm

Barca are the best side on the planet and that is no secret. They don't have as big a squad and big games are coming thick and fast. They seem to be able to up their game when it matters though. Think they might do another treble this year. If they don't can see it being the Spanish cup they miss out on. The league is nearly in the bag and feel over 2 legs against Madrid their quality will shine through.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy McNulty Tue 26 Apr 2011, 11:00 am

The way Utd play on the Wembley pitch i think we would get an hiding!

If it was any other pitch i think we would do pretty well, alot better than the Rome Final that's for sure.

But on the Wembley pitch, we would be destroyed.

Jimmy McNulty

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Thu 28 Apr 2011, 12:28 pm

Not if they get one of their favourite refs.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Apr 2011, 2:08 pm

I hate this whole barca are invincible thing

Messi, xavi, iniesta and villa are awesome but they aren't all that defensively. If united make the final and are disciplined in defence we are one of the best counter attacking teams in the world

Unfortunately there is no depths that barca won't go to win. Never seen so many dives as I did last night and the hounding off the ref would have put Roy keane or john terry to shame

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Thu 28 Apr 2011, 2:19 pm

I'm not a Barcelonaphile, and I don't see why people are. Barcelona of today reminds me of Arsenal during its 'invincibles' season. Great footballers, but terrible, terrible attitudes.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 28 Apr 2011, 2:31 pm

The semi ties is over.If Real go all out attack they will be annihalated.Man Utd could beat them yes.You need Fletcher back and Chicharito playing instead of Berbatov(Chicharito is willing to presuure defenders)

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 28 Apr 2011, 4:35 pm

The last time United played them they choked, cant see that happening again but still cant see them beating Barca

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Thu 28 Apr 2011, 4:38 pm

gazzyD wrote:I hate this whole barca are invincible thing

Messi, xavi, iniesta and villa are awesome but they aren't all that defensively. If united make the final and are disciplined in defence we are one of the best counter attacking teams in the world

Unfortunately there is no depths that barca won't go to win. Never seen so many dives as I did last night and the hounding off the ref would have put Roy keane or john terry to shame

I will point out that Real were just as guilty of this as Barca. I assume the bitterness comes from Barca getting away with it more than Real?

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Thu 28 Apr 2011, 4:44 pm

The only team that can stop them are Man Utd.Barcelona have the better line up but Man Utd grind out results and are hard to score against.They also get late goals which could be crucial.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Apr 2011, 4:46 pm

No mate, to be honest I thought it was quite embarrassing for both teams and Pedro kind of shot himself in the foot by his playacting. Marvelous should've got sent off for stamping bit because Pedro is worse than nani for feigning injury it went against him

I will however say well done to Messi (and xavi if I recall correctly) who didn't feel the need to get in the referees face at every given opportunity

Credit to barca (well Messi) who dug deep when he needed to and pulled something truly special out of the bag when the game was getting out of hand

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 29 Apr 2011, 11:00 am

Because British players don't dive, hound the ref or play act?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 29 Apr 2011, 11:00 am

Because British players don't dive, hound the ref or play act?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 29 Apr 2011, 11:04 am

The last time Man Utd played Barca Fergie was to negative and a lot of the players choked. Man Utd have played their best this season with Rooney and Chicarito up front in a 4-4-2. Can't do that against Barca if they have the extra man in midfield United won't see much of the ball.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down