The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Third Place Playoff - Pune Warriors vs Kings XI Punjab

3 posters

Go down

Third Place Playoff - Pune Warriors vs Kings XI Punjab Empty Third Place Playoff - Pune Warriors vs Kings XI Punjab

Post by Gregers Tue 20 Dec 2011, 11:38 am

Welcome to the Wankhede Stadium, home of the Mumbai Indians.

Pitch conditions: A fairly hard pitch with a touch of green on top which will offer swing
to the fast and medium pace bowlers, some spin for the spinners especially in the second innings. Once Batsmen get in they may be able to score well.

------

Please post tactics below...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Third Place Playoff - Pune Warriors vs Kings XI Punjab Empty Re: Third Place Playoff - Pune Warriors vs Kings XI Punjab

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2011, 5:20 pm

lol no comments on this game at all....

Back to top Go down

Third Place Playoff - Pune Warriors vs Kings XI Punjab Empty Re: Third Place Playoff - Pune Warriors vs Kings XI Punjab

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:51 pm

tactics....

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 15 Jan 2012, 1:33 pm

Bump

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 15 Jan 2012, 2:03 pm

woops had forgotten about this one completely.

tactics up later today or tomorrow.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 16 Jan 2012, 6:40 pm

Pune Warriors Vs. Kings XI Punjab

Paul Valthaty
Graeme Swann
Ajinkhya Rahane
Virat Kohli
Yuvraj Singh
Angelo Mathews
Jos Buttler (wk)
Saruabh Tiwary
Iqbal Abdulla
Alfonso Thomas
Jade Dernbach

Toss: Bat First

Batting: Seen as it is the last game of the tournament, I have thrown Graeme Swann in at the top of the order. He has performed this role for Notts quite a bit so has experience opening the batting and it is a win-win for me as if Swann gets a flyer then it gives the platform for my powerful middle order to get going, and if he falls early then Rahane, an opener by trade, comes in to steady things down and I have the batting depth to compensate. After this initial gamble, it is basic T20 strategy for me. Rahane, Kohli and Yuvraj build the platform and then Yuvraj, Buttler and Angelo detonate from it.

Bowling: Very much depends on whether I bat or bowl first to who bowls the overs. If the conditions are green then I will only use two spinners (Swann and Abdulla/Yuvraj) and if it is spinning then Mathews and Dernbach will bowl less overs.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2012, 9:51 am

just need one more set of tactics and then hunt down the voters lol :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:10 pm

Bump again!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2012, 1:07 pm

mfc.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down