The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mick Foley..... Why bring him back?

5 posters

Go down

Mick Foley..... Why bring him back? Empty Mick Foley..... Why bring him back?

Post by Brady12 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:46 pm

So they bring him back, one of the biggest stars of the attitude era but after a month he's presenting a Slammy with Ted Dibaise Snr, who's calling him SH!T!!!! So he's all ready been demoted to The 'Ron Simmons, Dusty Rhodes' role of being wheeled out every now & again with little hype for some dumb comedy skit all for Vinces amusement...

Is this another of McMahon trademark petty little pranks to teach Foley a lesson?

Does Foley deserve better? Or is this the best role to use him in in 2011?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Mick Foley..... Why bring him back? Empty Re: Mick Foley..... Why bring him back?

Post by Bull Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:26 pm

i think this is the way he will be used as of now but will play a big part in 2012 in what might be Cenas Heel Turn

Bull

Back to top Go down

Mick Foley..... Why bring him back? Empty Re: Mick Foley..... Why bring him back?

Post by Brady12 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:34 pm

Care to elaborate?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:36 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:i think this is the way he will be used as of now but will play a big part in 2012 in what might be Cenas Heel Turn

Wishful thinking on your part, IMO it's the right role for him now.
As much as I loved the attitude era and it's stars, I grew up with it but WWE need to get past the bringing back all the stars and make some new ones.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:39 pm

Brady12 its hard to explain but , i think slowly everything is leading towards a heel cena turn and that Foley will play a major role in this as well as other stars , i think this might be why they had that "This is your Life Segment" which i thought was a hit at this

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:42 pm

bretmeharty wrote:
TheBrahmaBull wrote:i think this is the way he will be used as of now but will play a big part in 2012 in what might be Cenas Heel Turn

As much as I loved the attitude era and it's stars, I grew up with it but WWE need to get past the bringing back all the stars and make some new ones.

I agree they shouldn't be pushing him to the moon but he deserves better than this.... Make him a manager or mentor for some young talent try give someone some rub don't make him a laughing stock... I thought Foley was a bit more savy & want to protect his character more than this

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:43 pm

I stay away from the spoilers, so speaking of the that era, must admit it was a genuine surprise road dog coming out

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:50 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:Brady12 its hard to explain but , i think slowly everything is leading towards a heel cena turn and that Foley will play a major role in this as well as other stars , i think this might be why they had that "This is your Life Segment" which i thought was a hit at this

Ok I like the idea but......

That's far too much planning for the current WWE writers they've probably forgot about that segment together with the Raw GM & Brodus Clay

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:51 pm

Brady12 wrote:
bretmeharty wrote:

I agree they shouldn't be pushing him to the moon but he deserves better than this.... Make him a manager or mentor for some young talent try give someone some rub don't make him a laughing stock... I thought Foley was a bit more savy & want to protect his character more than this

You would think so, I certainly thought he was above it. He's been used like that before tho against Orton for the IC title in 03 or 04 I believe in that hardcore match plus the match with Edge at mania. I think he's fine making the odd appearence but he's got nothing really left to do in the business IMO and should be enjoying his life with the other ventures he's got going on.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:56 pm

He was being used to help make Orton & Edge on those occassions.... Now he's just being used like a veteran Satino

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:03 pm

Apparently there going to reveal the anonymous GM according to some interview

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:12 pm

That would make no sense now.... surely not

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by I Blame Coco Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:17 am

It's hard to pass judgement on the issue because we don't know the work he does behind the scenes. It could be the case that his primary role is to work as mentor for the younger guys, spot potential new talent, or pitch ideas to the Creative Team. I would assume the comedy skits etc, are a secondary role.

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:24 am

I Blame Coco wrote:It's hard to pass judgement on the issue because we don't know the work he does behind the scenes. It could be the case that his primary role is to work as mentor for the younger guys, spot potential new talent, or pitch ideas to the Creative Team. I would assume the comedy skits etc, are a secondary role.

If that's the case why even be an on screen character when he's bringing nothing productive to the product

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:48 am

bretmeharty wrote:I stay away from the spoilers, so speaking of the that era, must admit it was a genuine surprise road dog coming out

Oh, you didnt know?

Couldnt resist that tomato

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down