The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would Barcelona walk the Premier League?

+7
Fernando
Bobby Roode
davidl1061
BCFCCOOPS
AberdeenSteve
Nay
ADMIN
11 posters

Go down

Would Barcelona walk the Premier League? Empty Would Barcelona walk the Premier League?

Post by ADMIN Sun 13 Mar 2011, 8:03 pm

Simply put, if Barcelona were in the English Premier League would they walk it? Or would the more physical aspect of the Premier League with away trips to Bolton and Blackpool in the depths of winter take their toll?

It's just been asked on Sky Sports 1 so it's not totally a bizarre question!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Would Barcelona walk the Premier League? Empty Re: Would Barcelona walk the Premier League?

Post by Nay Sun 13 Mar 2011, 8:13 pm

They would win easily i think, blackpool and bolton would get hammered even if they are at home, bit harsh on blackpool for physical threat,

but you need to have the ball to score, barca just dont et you have it

it would be chelsea, man u, arsenal, the usual suspects that would be a threat and we have seen the best passing team in britain unable to keep the ball against them

Nay

Back to top Go down

Would Barcelona walk the Premier League? Empty Re: Would Barcelona walk the Premier League?

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 13 Mar 2011, 8:20 pm

Stoke City v Barcelona would make for good viewing. Would Barcelona cope with their set pieces and crazy physical strength in all areas?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Mar 2011, 9:04 pm

barcelona would not walk it in the english premier league as the big teams like to play fast football and the premier league is getting alot better and teams are getting alot stronger

Back to top Go down

Post by BCFCCOOPS Sun 13 Mar 2011, 9:19 pm

Birmingham would smash em!!!

BCFCCOOPS

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 13 Mar 2011, 9:23 pm

I can picture the following at St James Park...

And Messi's got the ball, he's run past one, he's nutmegged a second, oh this is beautiful football personified, how can the Toon Army stop him?

CRACK!!!

Dear God, Joey Barton has snapped him in two!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon 14 Mar 2011, 3:13 pm

We need to remember that when we see Barcelona play in Europe and in Spain they are playing woth almost a different set of rules in terms of the refereeing of fouls. A lot more is given as a free kick abroad and in Europe than is given over here so they would have to deal with the physical side. Currently I dont think they have the players to do that

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Roode Mon 14 Mar 2011, 3:52 pm

They would struggle on a wet Tuesday night in Wigan.

Bobby Roode

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Mar 2011, 8:53 pm

A lot of people say the premier league is the best because of the pace and the speed in which its played. I think Barca might struggle to break some teams down because they will get in their face from the start, close them down and not allowing them to string 30 passes together like they do in Spain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Mar 2011, 8:58 pm

look at the game at the emirates

got to 70 mins then they got tired.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 03 Apr 2011, 10:15 pm

They wouldn't walk it but think they would win it. Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool have worsened over the last couple of years. Arsenal are still the same incapable of winning a trophy. (but they play nice football) so did Man Utd in 08 & 09 and they won things.
Man City & Tottenham are improving but are still not as good as Man Utd & Chelsea.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Tue 05 Apr 2011, 10:23 pm

Stoke would own Barca. This is purely factual information.

Robert Huth vs Lionel Messi. I know who i'd back in a fight.

Stealth Maestro Agro Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 10:45 pm

I don't think they would walk it either but do think they would win it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Mon 09 May 2011, 4:11 pm

I don't know, it would be interesting to see how they would cope against a Stoke or Bolton roughing them up on a cold Tuesday evening.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Mon 09 May 2011, 4:11 pm

A Fine Folk. wrote:I don't know, it would be interesting to see how they would cope against a Stoke or Bolton roughning them up on a cold Tuesday evening.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down