The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semi-Finals - Voting Page

+3
Mad for Chelsea
Fists of Fury
Gregers
7 posters

Go down

Semi-Finals - Voting Page Empty Semi-Finals - Voting Page

Post by Gregers Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:18 pm

Semi Final 1 - Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjabi - Toss won by CSK

Semi Final 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors - Toss won by DD

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Semi-Finals - Voting Page Empty Re: Semi-Finals - Voting Page

Post by Gregers Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:15 pm

All tactics in. Let's get voting!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:01 am

Semi-Final 1 - CSK vs. Kings XI - CSK Win Toss.

Wow, very tough to call, as despite CSK's three spinners, I think Kings have matched them quite well with their batting order.

The toss is crucial here though and the fact that CSK bowl last means that Mendis, Ajmal and Afridi get the pitch at it's slowest.

CSK post a commanding total, with Hussey and the irrepressible Raina both posting good 60's, the rest of the order contribute in dribs and drabs and CSK make 180.

In reply, Kings XI absolutely hammer Sharma and Southee, Gambhir, particularly enjoying himself. KP and Umar continue to score against the trio of spinners but eventually Afridi snags Umar and KP battles valliantly as a couple of wickets fall at the other end. Bresnan joins his compatriot at the other end and Kings need 20 off the last two. Mendis steadies the ship his end, conceding a couple of singles. Southee bowling the last over and Kings needing 17, his first few balls are tight but, Bresnan hits a couple of lusty blows at the end of the over but unfortunately Kings fall short by 3, despite KP's gallant 87*.

CSK win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:48 am

Match 1: Chennai vs Kings: Good move from kings to open with Bipul Sharma, as he gets Hussey in the first over. Dhoni at 3 is a fantastic move in this game, as he blasts 83 from 60 balls and with fantastic support from raina and afridi who comes in and blasts 30 from 10 balls chennai get 170. In reply kings get off to a flyer and hit 50 off the first 6 overs. However when the fielders spread boundaries are hard to find, and the chennai spinners strangle the kings batsman, and kings fall 30 runs short.

CHENNAI WIN

Match 2:Delhi vs Pune: Tait beats the bat first ball, however Sehwag gets 12 off the first over. Dernbach gets warner with his 4th ball, a fast inswinging yorker and warner cant get the bat down in time. Thomas dosent allow taylor to get away, thus putting more pressure on sehwag. Sehwag blasts 42 off 21 balls before getting bowled by a quicker ball frorm Yuvraj. Jaffer and McDonald keep the score ticking over, irfan comes in and hits delhi up to 150. In the reply Morkel gets Valhaty first ball, and aaron removed Rahane, and pune are reeling at 8-2. However Gilchrist blasts 50 from 35 balls, and kohli gets going. Kohli bats through the innings to make an unbeaten 70 and with good support from Yuvraj and Matthews, pune gets home with 3 balls to spare..

PUNE WIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:38 pm

i voted for CSK to win, however i feel that Ashwin has to play fists....IMO ashwin is probably the 2nd/3rd best t20 spinner in world cricket.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:19 pm

I'm keeping schtum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:20 pm

censored

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:34 pm

Cf, very good spinner but not as good as Ajmal Afridi or Mendis. They were vital for this game, and I didn't want to go in with only one pace bowler on this pitch. I needed variation. However, the 4 of them can play together should the conditions be right.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:35 pm

anyway i voted for chennai and pune to win lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Imo, Warner and Sehwag would absolutely marmalise Tait, Dernbach and Thomas but there you go..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:47 pm

its not the opinon of others, and im not gonna keep giving more reasons cos every week if there's something u dont agree with you moan about it when no one else does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:59 pm

As you say, I'm allowed an opinion, and if you aren't happy about it, there's nothing you can do...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:00 pm

if im honest i think Pune are a more better, balanced side overall

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:03 pm

You think every teams more balanced than mine to be fair..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:06 pm

no i dont, i just think that Pune are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:27 pm

Disagree, two evenly matched teams.

I'm just offering an opinion, like Fists also does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:35 pm

i know you are and im pointing out mine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:47 pm

don't think I can win this after losing the toss. Batting first I had a chance, but that spin trio is probably a bit too strong for me. Wonder what people think of my promoting RTD up to opening? Gamble that backfired? or is this CSK side unbeatable?

vote in tomorrow (probably).

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:55 pm

I rate RTD very highly, and no doubt he is capable of some damage. Not sure if he would be able to get away with it against those spinners on a slow track though, but you never know.

Toss was quite crucial here you're right.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:56 pm

mfc i think it was a good idea however the chennai spin attack was too good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:59 pm

well I thought he'd do more damage against the new ball on this pitch, so I moved him up to opening.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:08 am

yh thats why i said u got off to a flyyer but then the spinners came on and thats where it went downhill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:28 am

Semi Final 1 - Kings XI Punjab Win

Chennai winning the toss appeared to be key early on with Vijay and Hussey putting on 65 in the powerplay. Karthik gets Vijay and then gets Dhoni first ball to turn the match. RTD, Karthik and Collingwood bowl tightly restricting the run rate to below 8. Some late order hitting from Raina and Afridi gets CSK up to 185. In response Kings get off to a flyer with RTD scoring 39 off of just 17 balls! The spin trio takes to the attack and gets RTD, Kieswetter and Akmal but Gambhir plays the innings of a lifetime and plays through scoring 90. KP and Collingwood chip in before Bresnan hits the winning runs.

Semi Final 2 - Delhi Daredevils Win

The Delhi top order decimates the Pune attack early on with Sehwag and Warner both enjoying the ball coming onto the bat however wickets tumble in the middle of the innings with Mathews and Yuvraj outhinking the Delhi batsmen. However, some very late order hitting from Arafat and Morkel sees them to 160. In response Gilchrist goes early with Morkel and Arafat once again doing the damage for Delhi with a blinding opening spell that sees Pune 30-3 after 6 overs. Yuvraj, Kohli and Mathews try their best but Pune never fully recover and fall 5 runs short.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Match 1 CSK vs Kings

Bresnan removes Vijay early, but Dhoni and Hussey combine in the power-play. Karthick removes Dhoni just as it looks like he is getting going, but that brings Raina to the crease. Hussey batting until the final over, with Raina and Srikanth adding decent contributions. In reply, Kings decimate the pace bowlers and look on their way to victory but the introduction of CSK's fabled spin trio tie down Kings and despite some later order hitting from Bresnan they fall just short. CSK WIN!

Match 2 Delhi vs Pune

Sehwag and Warner have a good old-fashioned slog early on, and with some luck they manage to not lose a wicket until the 6th over when Thomas yorks Sehwag. Taylor comes in and milks the singles, whilst Warner continues a majestic innings. Yuvraj gets Warner in his final over caught on the boundary, but Taylor sees the innings through though Delhi's line-up stutters due to some good death bowling.

Morkel removes Valthaty, but Rahane and Gilchrist dish out some punishment to Aaron in particular. Macdonald's arrival really tightens things up, with Rahane and Glichrist both going out on the boundary trying to increase the pace. Kolhi and Yuvray rebuild and hit well, but Arafat's final two overs win Delhi the game.

DD WIN!

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Semi Final 1 - Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjabi - Toss won by CSK who bat first.
A crucial toss win by CSK sees them get the best of the pitch. Vijay and Hussey get off to a good start in the powerplay. When Vijay falls in the 8th Dhoni joins Hussey and the pair build a good partnership. While wickets fall at the death as the pitch slows and the batsmen slog CSK's good base gets them up to 180. In reply Kings launch an assualt on the CSK seamers at the start. However the arrival of the spinners dries up the flow of boundaries. RTD, KP and Akmal all hole out, but Collingwood keeps the scoreboard ticking over while Gambhir anchors. However the acceleration required at the death is too tough, and Kings finish 10 runs short. Win to CSK.

Laptop battery is almost dead, will post the 2nd match once I've dug out the power cable.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:18 am

Current votes:

CSK 4 - KXIP 1 (CSK need one more vote to make the Final)

DD 2 - PW 1 (Delhi need 3 more votes, Pune need 4)

Can everyone who hasnt voted please do so!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:44 pm

1. Chennai. Toss is crucial, CSK get a decent total before the spinners take wickets throughout the Kings innings to win by 20 runs.

2. Delhi - Warner hits a century as everyone else fails around him. Morkel and Arafat restrict Pune as they fall 10 runs short.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:51 pm

CSK have qualified for the final!

Currently 5-1 CSK in semi final 1 - who is left to vote?

Second match Delhi 3 - Pune 1 - again who is left?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:07 pm

I'll do mine later, mate, wheN I Get chance to read conditions/tactcs.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:51 pm

well done fists clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Gregers and Fists have a deal going on!! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:22 pm

Semi Final 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors - Toss won by DD who bat first.
Batting first Sehweg and Warner get off to a flyer for Delhi, bringing up a century stand in the first 10 overs. Pune manage to pull things back a little in the 2nd half of the innings but DD make it through to a strong 190. In reply the Pune openers fall early before their middle order rebuilds and accelerates. At the end though the pressure to score quickly is too much and wickets start to fall. Yuvraj Singh almost brings them home with 4 boundaries in the final over but Pune finish 3 runs short.

Edit, fixed 2nd to last sentence, I somehow left 4 words out of the middle of it!

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:11 am

Chennai and Delhi

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down