The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 10 - Semi Final 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors

3 posters

Go down

Week 10 - Semi Final 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors Empty Week 10 - Semi Final 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors

Post by Gregers Sun 04 Dec 2011, 1:51 pm

Welcome to the Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium, home of the Delhi Daredevils

Pitch Conditions: A flatish pitch which will favour the fast bowlers over the slower ones, the outfield is lightening quick as well so should be a high scoring game.

-----

Please post tactics below...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 10 - Semi Final 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors Empty Re: Week 10 - Semi Final 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors

Post by JDizzle Sun 04 Dec 2011, 2:05 pm

Interesting pitch. Flat favours the destructive top 3 of Delhi, but I probably have the better raw pace attack. Delhi favourites, but don't count out Pune, haha!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Week 10 - Semi Final 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors Empty Re: Week 10 - Semi Final 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors

Post by Guest Sun 04 Dec 2011, 2:06 pm

i wouldnt quite say delhi are favourites jd. i think its even to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sun 04 Dec 2011, 2:07 pm

A lot depends on PW's bowling attack in this one I think.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 04 Dec 2011, 2:09 pm

Might have to go with Thomas, Dernbach, Matthews, Tait and a little bit of Swann to stop this Delhi line up. Leaves me a bit weak on the batting. When do you want tactics by Gregers?

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Dec 2011, 2:09 pm

i rate your batting quite a bit JD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 04 Dec 2011, 2:11 pm

Tactics by midweek preferably JD, just so votes can be done by this time next week. Leading to the final the following week.

This pitch is great for both sides tbh

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 04 Dec 2011, 2:29 pm

No worries. Just coming to the end of term so have some assessed lab sessions and lab reports needed, but they should be up by Thursday at the latest.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Dec 2011, 2:43 pm

JD, you certainly have the bowling to knock over delhi.

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sun 04 Dec 2011, 3:15 pm

I think the Delhi top 3 could get blown away early Wink

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Dec 2011, 4:11 pm

GG wrote:I think the Delhi top 3 could get blown away early Wink

raspberry

A pitch that I've been craving haha!

Morkel, Arafat, Aaron, Andy Mc. are chomping at the bit!!!

Great semi final!

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 04 Dec 2011, 4:19 pm

Pah. Medium pace rubbish! Tait and Dernbach are real pace, haha! boxing

Great semi final, great tournament! Good one Gregers.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Dec 2011, 4:27 pm

it will be tight, both sides have a very good bowling attack for this pitch, whilst the batting is close to call, one side has a lot more depth than the other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Dec 2011, 4:30 pm

Guessing I'm the one with a lack of depth...

Can't have been that bad if I'm sitting in the semi's.

Currently wondering on who will make my batting up?

Was thinking:

Sehwag
Warner
McDonald
Taylor
Jaffer
Pathan

With the likes of Ojha, and possibly Ganesh being able to add a little bit of lower order hitting along with Arafat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 04 Dec 2011, 4:33 pm

JDizzle wrote:Pah. Medium pace rubbish! Tait and Dernbach are real pace, haha! Week 10 - Semi Final 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Pune Warriors 496889

Great semi final, great tournament! Good one Gregers.

Cheers JD, I have loved running it!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 04 Dec 2011, 4:51 pm

Valthaty
Gilchrist
Rahane
Kohli
Yuvraj
Mathews
Tiwary
Khadiwale
Thomas
Dernbach
Tait

Looking like Swann might miss out on this game...

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Dec 2011, 5:33 pm

Sainty wrote:Guessing I'm the one with a lack of depth...

Can't have been that bad if I'm sitting in the semi's.

Currently wondering on who will make my batting up?

Was thinking:

Sehwag
Warner
McDonald
Taylor
Jaffer
Pathan

With the likes of Ojha, and possibly Ganesh being able to add a little bit of lower order hitting along with Arafat.

clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Dec 2011, 5:33 pm

however like u say your in the semi's so well done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Dec 2011, 7:21 pm

Disagree wholeheartedly, with that assessment CF.

When you think the likes of Napier, Aaron Finch, Herschelle Gibbs haven't even had a look in for me, I think it shows that my batting order does possess a lot of depth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Dec 2011, 7:21 pm

its your opinon and your fully entitled to it Smile

like i say though you made the semi's so well done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 04 Dec 2011, 8:44 pm

Possibly Gibbs over McDonald on this wicket Sainty?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Dec 2011, 9:02 pm

McDonald offers a good bowling option and is an excellent batter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:57 am

Delhi tactics up later.

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu 08 Dec 2011, 6:54 pm

Pune Warriors XI for IPL Semi Final Vs. Delhis Daredevils:

Paul Valthaty
Adam Gilchrist
Ajinkhya Rahane
Virat Kohli
Yuvraj Singh
Angelo Mathews
Saruabh Tiwary
Harshad Khadiwale
Alfonso Thomas
Jade Dernbach
Shaun Tait

Toss: Bat first, post a large score and put pressure on second innings.

Batting: I open up with Gilchrist and Valthaty who both enjoy the ball coming on to the bat at pace and they will look to take advantage of the pace with the flat pitch and lightning outfield and they will look to blast out a huge score in the power play. In at three, Rahane has a very good technique and often opens the batting so has a great ampitude at playing pace bowling so will feel right at home on this pitch. This will set the platform for my explosive middle order to take the game away from Delhi. Kohli, Yuvraj, Mathews and Tiwary are all explosive hitters and can score at the required rapid rate to push me up towards the 180/200 mark.

Bowling: I have an attack for this pitch. With the pitch not favouring spin, I have made the risky, but brave decision to leave out Graeme Swann and include an extra quick. I will open up with Thomas and Tait, with Dernbach coming on first change and with Angelo Mathews who can also bowl and will be effective on this pitch I think I have a great side for the wicket wear it is harder to score of the extra pace. I also have Yuvjaj singh to bowl, and whilst being a slower bowler, his darts will still be effective in keeping the scoring rate down. Then at the death I have Thomas, Tait and Dernbach to come back and this is a formidable death bowling unit.

Tait - 1, 5, 17, 19
Dernbach - 2, 4, 16, 18
Thomas - 3, 6, 15, 20
Mathews - 7, 9, 11, 13
Yuvraj - 8, 10, 12, 14

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:45 pm

Delhi Daredevils Tactics for IPL Semi Final vs. Pune Warriors

Virender Sehwag (C)
David Warner
James Taylor
Andrew McDonald
Wasim Jaffer
Irfan Pathan
Naman Ojha (WK)
Ganesh Gaikwad
Yasir Arafat
Morne Morkel
Varun Aaron

Toss - Bat first. Accumalate and let the experienced heads of Morkel, McDonald and Arafat stifle the Pune line up.

Batting - The batting order has been constructed so that there is the facility for the boys to hit out and keep things tight should we lose wickets. Even so, my order is experienced enough to know how to deal with this pitch and this type of attack. Sehwag and Warner will look to open up in style by enjoying the pace and the quick outfield. Thomas, Tait and Dernbach are canny operators, but as we have seen, Warner and Sehwag, are able to put any bowler to the sword on their day, and this will be their day. Taylor and McDonald, are able to come in and continue the fireworks or keep things steady depending on the situation, both are adept at moving the ball around which will be a commodity on this sort of pitch and can both hit out like I've said. Jaffer and Pathan are experienced, wily campaigners who know Indian pitches like the back of their hands and can adapt to whatever situation they walk into, whilst both men enjoy good t20 records. Ojha, Ganesh and Arafat are also handy with the bat, and this long order has been vital to Delhi finishing second in the regular season. I'm confident they can perform against a canny Pune attack, posting around 190.

Bowling - By far this is the most even game of the tournament thus far, and both sides are matched up nicely. Pune's top 6 are explosive but won't enjoy facing up to my bowling attack who thrive on fast wickets. Morkel and Aaron will start proceedings, with Morkel looking for pace and his threatening bounce to unsettle Valthaty and Gilchrist, whilst at the other end the rapid Aaron will like this pitch but will look to keep things tight by bowling a good line and length, whilst being guided by his more experienced team mates. Morkel will come off after 2 and be replaced by the effective McDonald whilst Aaron bowls through his spell. McDonald is an exceptional t20 asset, and will look to build on Morkel and Aaron's good work by pressurising the Pune reply. As we see, pressure creates wickets as the batsmen look to keep up with the rising run rate. Pathan and Ganesh will bowl two a piece, Pathan, again an experienced bowler who's left armers provide a challenge to the batsmen and Ganesh just to change up the attack somewhat, he's a very handy containing spinner and whilst the pitch doesn't accommodate spin all too well, he can keep things tight. Then, comes the man I'd want in any side defending a total, Yasir Arafat. He has been instrumental in Delhi's ascent of the table and he will bowl his 4 overs at the end of the innings, the pace of the pitch complimenting his array of variation superbly. Morkel will return at the death to see of the rest of the Pune innings with a fired up Arafat to see Delhi home.

Bowling composition

Morkel (4) - 1,3,17,19
Arafat (4) - 14,16,18,20
Aaron (4) - 2,4,6,8
Pathan (2) -10,12
McDonald (4) - 5,7,9,11
Ganesh (2) - 13.15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down