The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

top guys

5 posters

Go down

top guys Empty top guys

Post by welshy824 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 5:16 pm

well i was lucky enough on wednesday to trian with the welsh backrow as i came 2nd in the 16th man competition and i just wanted to say how nice the welsh backrow all are, first thing is when you meet them is that they are HUGE, i mean massive, they all dwarfed me at my small height of 6ft 1 Shocked
but the thing that really impressed me was how social they all were, we had lunch with them and they answered all our questions (although none of us dared as about THE TACKLE!) but also asked us questions back. it was also great to see how much of a genuine friendship they all have between them and how they all take the mick out of each other. they were also all really modest about their own abilities.

sam W has such confidence in a good way and seems so relaxed.
toby F is quite shy
and Dan lydiate no joke is massive.

after this experience they have caused me to respect and like them alot more and i honestly say they are my heroes.

welshy824

Back to top Go down

top guys Empty Re: top guys

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 01 Dec 2011, 5:20 pm

must have been wicked for you, nice one. what training did you join in with? Have to admit, Warbs seems like the absolute model athlete.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 01 Dec 2011, 5:21 pm

Any tongue?

No good on you mate. Looks like a rare opportunity that you thoroughly enjoyed. I´m sure many Welsh posters are jealous of you.

Was it open bar for you?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 5:22 pm

we did conditioning training with a wru conditioning coach (who also helps with dragon region) and then the backrow did like skill based drills, was just a great xp

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 01 Dec 2011, 5:24 pm

conditioning?! god, that must have been solid!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu 01 Dec 2011, 5:38 pm

Lydiate dwarfed me, the guy is a giant. Then Charteris came in and made him look short. I'm 6 ft but was made to feel 4 ft 11.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 01 Dec 2011, 7:32 pm

It's great to read posts like this, very happy to hear you had such a fun day out, even more happy to hear that the Welsh team hold days like this where keen players can join in and see what is involved.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 9:06 pm

conditioning wasnt too bad, becuase they were watching you were putting in alot of effort, we did similar drills to what the actual team do but obviously alot less weight, we flipped tackle bags- they flip tractor tires.

but it was nice just to sit there and talk to them afterwards, and for a 17 year old lad meeting some of your heroes is amazing.

warburton said that andy powell is one of the biggest jokers in the team along with bradley davies and lydiate (who for alot of the session was just pushing sam and toby over) and warburton said he wasnt surprised about poweel with the golf buggy incident.

and i can see why lydiate is so big, he had like 5 sanwiches while everyone else had 2.

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down