The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WRU Copies the RFU and orders possible world cup winning t-shirts?

+7
XR
Cymroglan
damngoodOvalball
LondonTiger
Turkster
maestegmafia
HERSH
11 posters

Go down

WRU Copies the RFU and orders possible world cup winning t-shirts? Empty WRU Copies the RFU and orders possible world cup winning t-shirts?

Post by HERSH Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:53 am

After all the stick us English fans got for Nike and the RFU planning ahead and ordering 6 nations grand slam t-shirts, I thought in the interest of balance that I would mention what I saw in a Cardiff supermarket the other day.

I saw a red t-shirt for sale and it said 'TEAM OF 2011, GLORY (in large letters), WALES IN UNION' I didn't know that 4th place in both the 6 nations and world cup was regarded a success?

Surely the WRU didn't make the same mistake and ordered these t-shirts before the results were in and are now selling them on the cheap in a supermarket? Doh
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

WRU Copies the RFU and orders possible world cup winning t-shirts? Empty Re: WRU Copies the RFU and orders possible world cup winning t-shirts?

Post by maestegmafia Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:08 am

And you don't have a link?

Hmmmm, not quit the same as the "Nike Leak"...! That made the news from Belfast to Bangkok...!

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/rugby/six-nations/england-grand-slam-nike-ad-no-slight-to-ireland-says-rfu-15123050.html

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/228056/england-red-faced-over-6nations-winners-advert

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

WRU Copies the RFU and orders possible world cup winning t-shirts? Empty Re: WRU Copies the RFU and orders possible world cup winning t-shirts?

Post by Turkster Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:12 am

were they doing them in extra-large? I'll have to pop down and get one. It'll be great for winding up the English neighbours.

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:13 am

I'll post a picture later.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:16 am

To be fair most sponsors will have arranged for celebratory marketing prior to the end of a tournament - certainly I saw sponsors adverts celbrating NZs win immediately after the game.

The crime Nike committed was to allow the story to leak out.

As to these supposed T-shirts - why not? Wales are proud of their team and if they are willing to buy these T-shirts so be it.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:19 am

To be fair Wales don't usually get out of their group, and their team performed well despite losing 3 games at the tournament so fair play to them.

Wales love celebrating their 'almost victories' and let's face it, everyone knows that they secured the 'moral' victory in NZ.

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:22 am

Shirts on a market stall chin and I suppose that genuine Rolex watch was a real bargain at £20

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:25 am

They were in Tesco if anyone wants one laughing
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:29 am

They'll be winning sports personality team of the year next! Whistle at least they won't be getting MBE's
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:37 am

They came very close to winning the world cup, just a hairs breadth away so wear those t shirts with pride for many years to come I say.

That famous piece of commentary "Wales get whipped by Australia to take 4th place" has now overtaken barbed wire as the most popular tattoo in Wales.

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:25 am

If they're on sale in Tesco, are they WRU liscensed shirts? Probably not, but i'll await the picture with the WRU logo on it. Asda do random Wales shirts too, but they're not WRU produced so yeah...we'll await this picture Wink

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:29 am

Yep, the offical WRU logo is present on the left brest.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:32 am

Have you got the picture yet?

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by atuakiwikiwi Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:33 am

Perhaps they made them on the basis, that *on their day* Wales would have won the RWC.

w_w.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_7301252,00.html

atuakiwikiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:36 am

I have the picture just can't upload it on my work PC for some reason?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:38 am

You can email it from your phone to your work/home address and access it that way. Then just right click, save the image then upload it imageshack

Should take 5 minutes, so i'll give you 10 Wink

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:39 am

or what?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:41 am

Still no picture?

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by atuakiwikiwi Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:42 am

Perhaps they were sold out when he went back?

atuakiwikiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:44 am

He just said he had the picture, so yeah...picture?

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:45 am

Did I not say later?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:48 am

Did I not say 10 minutes?

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:49 am

or what?

Patience my friends. Very Happy
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:52 am

gcBlues sounds pretty tough and threatening Hersh. Get him the picture before he explodes in rage.

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:54 am

I have the picture in front of me now and I just can't believe the arrogance of it to assume they would win the world cup!
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:55 am

they did, morally

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by atuakiwikiwi Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:57 am

Personally I'm upset that I never got to find out if England won the dwarf throwing or not.

At least it would be something.

I haven't seen a Nike video either way, not that you can tell much from those videos.

atuakiwikiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:00 pm

damngoodOvalball wrote:they did, morally

I just don't see it like that, Captain fantastic in dangered the life of another player with that tackle, plus they said they didn't drink a drop in NZ then they did, so what was it?

There only glory in 2011 was to beat an ageing Irish team.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:02 pm

damngoodOvalball wrote:gcBlues sounds pretty tough and threatening Hersh. Get him the picture before he explodes in rage.

Think you need to sit this play out, champ, your WUM powers are limited. Laugh

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:06 pm

gcBlues wrote:
damngoodOvalball wrote:gcBlues sounds pretty tough and threatening Hersh. Get him the picture before he explodes in rage.

atuakiwikiwi is trying hard as well. This HERSH chappie, is this the same one who struck 'terror' into the old Page606? seems he's got his teeth into this t-shirt story, could just make all of Wales beg for forgiveness soon. Laugh

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:08 pm

gcBlues wrote:

thank god you have calmed down a bit fella! Just sit back and think of that glorious 4th place finish which were it not for the refs, and events perpetrated by the English 800 years ago would undoubtedly have been a victory in the final.

By the way, if you want the t-shirt so badly, just pop down the shop and buy one. Surely it would be better than a photo of one?

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:19 pm

gcBlues why don't you pop down to Tescos at Culverhouse cross and get yourself on to celebrate a successful 2011.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:22 pm

damngoodOvalball wrote:
gcBlues wrote:

thank god you have calmed down a bit fella! Just sit back and think of that glorious 4th place finish which were it not for the refs, and events perpetrated by the English 800 years ago would undoubtedly have been a victory in the final.

By the way, if you want the t-shirt so badly, just pop down the shop and buy one. Surely it would be better than a photo of one?

It is amusing you jumping on this band wagon when not long ago:

Wales had a good world cup, and got further than any of the home nations so of course the press are going to get over excited.
If I was a welsh fan, I'd be happy that things are looking promising for them. I don't think Wales have been overrated apart from in some parts of the press. Welsh fans have just got behind their team for playing good rugby and rightly so.

https://www.606v2.com/t16195-have-wales-been-overrated-over-the-past-6-weeks#586990

Why they WUMming all of a sudden, when you were full of praise only a month and a half ago? Stop holding on HERSH's coat tails Whistle

HERSH wrote:gcBlues why don't you pop down to Tescos at Culverhouse cross and get yourself on to celebrate a successful 2011.

I feel sorry for you, living in Ely...ouch

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:29 pm

whats Ely?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:30 pm

I stand by that comment gc, I'm just having a laugh at you playing the hard man, angrily typing away at your keyboard demanding photos!
Wales did have a decent world cup, but some of the recent comments from welsh fans on here, you would think they had won the world cup when actually they won just exactly the same as England, Ireland and Scotland eg nowt!

If you want to see actual coat tail hanging I suggest you go back and read some of the Welsh posters comments after the Ireland v Egland 6N game. Truly nauseating stuff as Irelands victory is bizzarely taken away from them and claimed as a 'celtic' one! hahahahaha

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:32 pm

damngoodOvalball wrote:They came very close to winning the world cup, just a hairs breadth away so wear those t shirts with pride for many years to come I say.

That famous piece of commentary "Wales get whipped by Australia to take 4th place" has now overtaken barbed wire as the most popular tattoo in Wales.

You should see Mark Cuteos 2007 t shirt collection

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:39 pm

damngoodOvalball wrote:

If you want to see actual coat tail hanging I suggest you go back and read some of the Welsh posters comments after the Ireland v Egland 6N game. Truly nauseating stuff as Irelands victory is bizzarely taken away from them and claimed as a 'celtic' one! fapfapfapfpfap

fixed it for you matey! thumbsup

Last edited by Turkster on Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:50 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
damngoodOvalball wrote:They came very close to winning the world cup, just a hairs breadth away so wear those t shirts with pride for many years to come I say.

You should see Mark Cuteos 2007 t shirt collection

Whats it say? "Beaten finalist" or "I was robbed of a 9 point try"?

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:02 pm

damngoodOvalball wrote:I stand by that comment gc, I'm just having a laugh at you playing the hard man, angrily typing away at your keyboard demanding photos!

There's no anger in my words, there never are in this forum world. Justing trolling in a trolling thread, didn't you get the Memo? raspberry

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:21 pm

gcBlues its not all about you, whether you're a troll or not who cares!

Do try and stay on topic.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by atuakiwikiwi Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:24 pm

I'm just stunned that 606v2 is so full of WUMs. I thought the mods were taking a hard line on that sort of thing.

atuakiwikiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:29 pm

I know, they should come down on people like gcBlues like a ton of bricks.

We don't need trolls like him on 606v2
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:32 pm

Where's greyghost when you need him

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:32 pm

atuakiwikiwi wrote:I'm just stunned that 606v2 is so full of WUMs. I thought the mods were taking a hard line on that sort of thing.

It was fine a few months ago.

Actually it seems to have gotten worse SINCE the WC, rather than during.

steam Hope it doesnt end up like 606, but its heading that way.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:37 pm

The bickering is rapidly growing tedious again lads, rein it in please.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down